• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Roto13

My only excuse for not going to the meetup is I don't fucking want to.

LWn8sKb.jpg

Sober

Screw it being warm in winter for a few hours before being cold again. Ice. Ice everywhere. Sign me up for #TeamCOLD so long as it is winter.

Also, not 19 yet and being a broke uni student makes me have to sit this Meetup out. Have fun, bruhs.

But I'm poor..

But I don't have ride and don't wanna take Public Transit. :(
Babies, all of you! Grow a pair and bum drinks off us!

My only excuse for not going to the meetup is I don't fucking want to.
I wholly believe your husband actually just keeps you locked in your apartment for your own good.

Samyy

But I'm shy and scared of meeting people I don't know
But I'm poor...! :(
I'm busy doing [insert activity here]
Why would I want to go meet a bunch of Internet gaming nerds? (lol)

Done.

I feel like my excuse is quite valid.
It takes me 2 hours to get downtown by transit and I'd have to leave any meet up by 8:30 to get home :(

Samyy

I didn't feel like cabbing it home, mmmkay? Otherwise I would've stayed to zee beeter end

Also: I have work tomorrow morning. Time to sit in the break room before we open and try to catch the game on CBC I guess.

Wait Markham transit has buses that late? My area (west Missisauga) most of the buses stop running around 11, its a new development so that may be why but we literally get buses ever 40ish minutes and they end so soon...

Fucking Mississauga man, I guess its okay the closer you live to Square One but the far suburbs are a nightmare, I really need a car.

Sober

I should really get a car (and my G while I'm at it but I've driven into the core without highways) but then again I like really close to Steeles so it's not like I'm another 30 minutes into Markham suburbs or something. At the worst I think a cab ride home from Yonge/Steeles is like 40 bucks for me.

Samyy

Yea seems like our situations are a bit different :p
It takes me almost an hour to get to the place where I can get a bus to go downtown. (Without a car anyway).

I did end up getting my G though, even without owning a car :( and now I want one desperately.

I will find some way to come to a meet up soon though, even if it involves maybe getting a cheap hotel room or something.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't feel like cabbing it home, mmmkay? Otherwise I would've stayed to zee beeter end

Also: I have work tomorrow morning. Time to sit in the break room before we open and try to catch the game on CBC I guess.
Hahaha, I'm just glad you were able to come. Bloody Monhun just takes too long to get set up and going though...even if they messed those monsters up fast.
Yea seems like our situations are a bit different :p
It takes me almost an hour to get to the place where I can get a bus to go downtown. (Without a car anyway).

I did end up getting my G though, even without owning a car :( and now I want one desperately.

I will find some way to come to a meet up soon though, even if it involves maybe getting a cheap hotel room or something.
A cheap hotel room? Like kave_man's place?

Any professional 2D animators/designers in here looking for work?

if you are looking for work now, or will be looking for work later this year and willing to move to Vancouver (probably a deal breaker for you hard core Torontonians) PM please.

Roto13

if you are looking for work now, or will be looking for work later this year and willing to move to Vancouver (probably a deal breaker for you hard core Torontonians) PM please.

How dare you.

How dare you come into our house and try to steal our children, you coffee-sucking, rainsoaked yuppie stoner. Take your tiny dog and get out of my sight.

Quick

Banned

I'll take it.

Now, just so our knowledge of 2D animation/design work is the same, tell me everything you know about it.

who can I sell blu-rays and DVDs to in downtown Toronto that will give me a decent amount of money (a store is preferred, don't really want to go through with selling them all individually unless a store's offer is THAT bad)? I realized that I've either watched them once or not at all, so there really isn't a point in keeping them around. I also have Netflix + UnblockUs which really negates the price of buying a blu-ray...

edit: how are Game Centre with their offers for blu-rays or DVDs? If they have good offer prices that would be amazing, because I might want to trade in a few games too that I never played because I double dipped on Steam.

zorbsie

edit: how are Game Centre with their offers for blu-rays or DVDs? If they have good offer prices that would be amazing, because I might want to trade in a few games too that I never played because I double dipped on Steam.

Game centre is really good for game trade ins, not so hot for DVDs. They'll usally give 1 to 3 dollars per movie depending on the age of it. You will get slightly more for rare/expensive DVDs like Criterion DVDs. Not sure about blu-rays, I would guess slightly more than DVDs. And obviously you will get more for trade in than cash.

Game centre is really good for game trade ins, not so hot for DVDs. They'll usally give 1 to 3 dollars per movie depending on the age of it. You will get slightly more for rare/expensive DVDs like Criterion DVDs. Not sure about blu-rays, I would guess slightly more than DVDs. And obviously you will get more for trade in than cash.

damn. what about Game Shack? anyone have any other suggestions?

Top Bottom