• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

yyzjohn

Banned
Doug Ford's conspiracy against the mayor now includes:

Bill Blair
Andy Pringle
John Tory
Daniel Dale
Jackson Proskow
and the dude behind the grassy knoll

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit I've downloaded a lot of shit...!

Got an email from Teksavvy with a tool to check my usage. Over 300 every month. Wife and I streaming and downloading with steam is killing me I guess.

yyzjohn

Banned

Got an email from Teksavvy with a tool to check my usage. Over 300 every month. Wife and I streaming and downloading with steam is killing me I guess.

Teksavvy. Bro.

vuist.jpg

krae_man

This is interesting:

EfhYMUk.jpg

Looks like I'm nowhere close. 80gb range normally. Got lots of room to go WWE Network Crazy Whooo!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
And they are going to start charging after April 1st =(
Ah ok then I'm safe to set up my downloading during their off hours I was thinking of doing no throttle on my downloads between 4-6am or something and then stopping.
That won't help with netflix and a wife that works at home...ah well

This is interesting:

EfhYMUk.jpg

Looks like I'm nowhere close. 80gb range normally. Got lots of room to go WWE Network Crazy Whooo!

Hmm... going from 25Mbit/s to 9Mbit/s is a hell of a drop, but it should still let me watch HD Netflix.

edit: Looks like I'm hovering around the 180-200GB range, so I have about 100GB of headroom. Still, the option to get unlimited usage in exchange for four hours of reduced bandwidth per day is a great idea.

Stet

Banned
My highest has been 150gb, and I download a shitload on Steam and watch a lot of Netflix. What are you fellas downloading?!

Hmm... going from 25Mbit/s to 9Mbit/s is a hell of a drop, but it should still let me watch HD Netflix.

edit: Looks like I'm hovering around the 180-200GB range, so I have about 100GB of headroom. Still, the option to get unlimited usage in exchange for four hours of reduced bandwidth per day is a great idea.
me thinks you misunderstand. Not everybody drops to 9 for their speed. It depends on what you're at. For instance if you're on 28 it will drop to 12 I believe. So 25 would probably be in between. Still a big drop but it's only for a couple hours a day and only if you really need it.

Not a bad option to have.

soultron

Banned
Any of you go to grilled cheese fest?

It was a fucking joke. I went and all I got was a dixie cup of (admittedly delicious) soup. Never giving my money to Joylister (event company) ever again.

$45.

I can't even begin to break down how much of a complete clusterfuck the entire event was.

explodet

I can't even begin to break down how much of a complete clusterfuck the entire event was.
https://www.facebook.com/events/658226514242120/
The first food festival where you can't get any food.
Shocking how badly organized this event was. 30 minute wait in each line. No way to tell what line you're in. Far too overbooked and not enough vendors to handle anywhere close to that size crowd.
What an terrible event. This was by far the most poorly organized event I have ever attended. After waiting 30 minutes outside then 30 minutes in line for food, I gave up and left without eating or drinking a thing. The poor volunteers were left to deal with the angry masses with not an organizer in sight. Huge money grab. I was surprised there wasn't a line to get out.

Got dang.

me thinks you misunderstand. Not everybody drops to 9 for their speed. It depends on what you're at. For instance if you're on 28 it will drop to 12 I believe. So 25 would probably be in between. Still a big drop but it's only for a couple hours a day and only if you really need it.

Not a bad option to have.

I'm on a 25/2 connection and it said I'd drop to 9.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It was a fucking joke. I went and all I got was a dixie cup of (admittedly delicious) soup. Never giving my money to Joylister (event company) ever again.

$45.

Heard terrible thing on reddit about it. I don't understand paying that much for beer and grilled fucking cheese to he honest.

I can go to the Leslieville Cheese market a couple of blocks away to get a heavenly grilled cheese sandwich and a beer and wait a lot less for less money.

Did you go to any other food festivals?

soultron

Banned
I've been to other festivals and this is the absolute saddest example ever. Toronto Underground Market (at the Brickworks) is a case study in doing things right. Great spacious venue, good layout, free shuttle bus from Bathurst Station, and the prices are reasonable.

With TGCF, I was excited to try many of my favourite restaurants' limited edition GC sandwiches they prepped just for the TGCF. I walked away trying zero.

Stet

Banned
The funniest shit about the grilled cheese festival is that the only positive posts on Twitter are clearly "key influencers" that the organizer who has a marketing background invited to create buzz...for free with jump-the-line passes.

soultron

Banned
The funniest shit about the grilled cheese festival is that the only positive posts on Twitter are clearly "key influencers" that the organizer who has a marketing background invited to create buzz...for free with jump-the-line passes.
Yeah. They were allowed to cut the line outside RTH and the internal queue to get tickets checked. Anyone in the media typically will softball and only talk positives. Classic PR and maintaining connections rather than burning bridges.

Stet

Banned
Yeah. They were allowed to cut the line outside RTH and the internal queue to get tickets checked. Anyone in the media typically will softball and only talk positives. Classic PR and maintaining connections rather than burning bridges.

Based on everything else that happened it's as if the organizer worked a few well-run promotions on the marketing side and thought "Jesus, I can do this!"

She can't.

I wonder if there are even measures in place to track refunds, though I'm willing to bet if they oversold that badly there aren't.

I wanted to go but I'm glad I didn't. Probably gonna stay away for a few years to see if they fix it.

Go next year. You'll be one of the only people who do.

soultron

Banned
I wanted to go but I'm glad I didn't. Probably gonna stay away for a few years to see if they fix it.
Just don't give your money to them ever, at all. They need to disappear.

I'm disputing the charge on my CC because I guarantee these crooks won't be issuing refunds. They issued a hilarious statement on FB blaming vendors not having enough grills/not being able to output enough for an event that was oversold. Sheer ineptitude.

The vendors are not at fault here.

I went to a NYE event years ago that was oversold (and they were still selling tickets at the door!), that taught me to always be skeptical of events in Toronto

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just don't give your money to them ever, at all. They need to disappear.

I'm disputing the charge on my CC because I guarantee these crooks won't be issuing refunds. They issued a hilarious statement on FB blaming vendors not having enough grills/not being able to output enough for an event that was oversold. Sheer ineptitude.

The vendors are not at fault here.
Good for you. Also blaming the vendors is unprofessional as fuck. They shouldn't have oversold especially in such a tiny venue.

soultron

Banned
Good for you. Also blaming the vendors is unprofessional as fuck. They shouldn't have oversold especially in such a tiny venue.

They keep updating and then deleting statements on FB about how it was handled. They finally got around to accepting the blame and then asked everyone to email them... and then the post was deleted. Zero PR sensibilities.

They should delete the entire company.

Stet

Banned
I really hope this is all an elaborate way for Kimmel to mock him. Otherwise I'm going to be really embarrassed.

Roto13

I really hope this is all an elaborate way for Kimmel to mock him. Otherwise I'm going to be really embarrassed.

I haven't seen his show in a long time, but from what I remember about it, I'd be very surprised if it's not just to mock him.

soultron

Banned
Ford at the Oscars tonight. I look forward to the after party drunken / high pics and videos. He's gonna get the A-1 great Hollywood drugs.

The US is enabling him, reinforcing his despicable behaviour. #Tory2014

I don't know who I'm voting for yet, really.

Top Bottom