• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Jayhawk

Anybody have recent experiences curling in the city or near the city in the past couple of years without a curling club membership?

Rinoa

Jayhawk I have a coworker who is in a club, you want specifically non-club?

Come back from 10-13 degrees in Japan to this -20 bs!
#teamwarm

Wore a pink kimono (*・ω・)
tumblr_n1l8gb8OvO1s3refzo3_1280.png

Oppo

I'm so tired of it being cold.

Normally I am #teamwinter but this year just feels like my nuts are frozen off every single damn day. Even the two +0 days we got involved torrential rain turning into more ice. I'm sick of it.

I like everything about living here but I wish the winters were shorter.

Stet

Banned
Thank god for office renovations. I'm working from home for the next two weeks so I don't even have to go outside in this shit.

zroid

Banned
There's been a hump of ice on our driveway ever since the ice storm that has been impossible to remove. The driveway is mostly ice-free now, but that hump remains...

It's large enough that the car won't be able to get over it without a bit of momentum so if for example I have to stop at the edge of the road due to traffic, it becomes... real annoying. At least it's smoothed out over the last few weeks.

So far none of the "thaws" have been substantial enough to make much of a dent.

Stet

Banned
There's been a hump of ice on our driveway ever since the ice storm that has been impossible to remove. The driveway is mostly ice-free now, but that hump remains...

It's large enough that the car won't be able to get over it without a bit of momentum so if for example I have to stop at the edge of the road due to traffic, it becomes... real annoying. At least it's smoothed out over the last few weeks.

Blowtorch time.

Quick

Banned

Blowtorch time.

This sounds like a fun idea.

There's a patch on mine that's been there for ages that looks to have been ice and snow melting before that froze up again. It's a pretty thick area of ice.

Azih

Only way to get rid of those things is to attack them with an ice scraper. I've had to borrow my neighbour's a half dozen times so far as no store I've been to has them in stock. Maybe dose the patch with salt first for a day but at these temperatures you might need the fancy stuff not the standard rock salt.

Jayhawk I have a coworker who is in a club, you want specifically non-club?

Come back from 10-13 degrees in Japan to this -20 bs!
#teamwarm

Wore a pink kimono (*・ω・)
tumblr_n1l8gb8OvO1s3refzo3_1280.png
You chose the right team, Rinoa.

After seeing this picture I think it's going to take you coming to a meet up to get me to actually show up. You are pretty. Pretty prettyyy prettyyyyyyy pretttttttttttyyy good.

#NotCreepin #OkMaybeALittle #Hashtag #TeamWarm #TeamShame #IWasReallySick #DontHate #lol

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck whoever accidentally set of the fire alarm at work.

Fuck me for being in a meeting miles away from my desk and therefore miles away from my coat.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Oh does team warm's numbers grow?

Suck it, cold lovers

Nah, you're just seeing a migration as #TeamSeasons starts moving away from team cold as winter comes to an end.

They'll come crawling back once summer hits and you're stuck with +30 and 95% humidity every day. >_>

Rinoa

You chose the right team, Rinoa.

After seeing this picture I think it's going to take you coming to a meet up to get me to actually show up.

Sanks, if there's ever high tea meetup or Ryoji ramen I'm down.

Fuck whoever accidentally set of the fire alarm at work.

Fuck me for being in a meeting miles away from my desk and therefore miles away from my coat.

Tell a manager and a few coworkers that you're confirming that you're evacuated and that you're going to go somewhere warm, like a nearby starbucks (if they're doing a count/check for people) until everyone gets let back in.

I need a good breakfast or lunch place in Yorkville that won't cost an arm and a leg

In the underground/bloor concourse there are two ghetto foodcourts. One at bay and one at bloor. There are some more options on the main floor of the bay/bloor building that connects to bay station (NE corner of Bay/Bloor) through underground tunnel. I often had lunch from the korean owned cafe across from the shoe fixing place near bloor station in the concourse, they had some decent options. If want to go outside there is that mcds across from royal conservatory and a few other UfT student type haunts.

Rinoa

Thanks

But affordable meant 15-25 dollars :p

I always get overwhelmed with the number of restaurants in the area

Scaccia at the bottom level of Manulife centre then, that's the go-to for good pastas in that area. The salmone (penne+vodka+salmon) and aglio e olio is my fave.

Bloor street diner upstairs from scaccia is nice outside in summer, and their fixed price is spot on $25 usually. The bread pudding dessert is best option.

Top Bottom