• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Even though I'm #teamWarm to the bitter end, last night was pretty nice winter wise. I love those kind of nights where it's snowing but the snowflakes are huge, and it's more wet snow than anything so roads aren't bad. Also wasn't too cold out. Some nice scenery.

krae_man

At this point I don't care if the temperature stays below zero for the rest of the month, but for the love of god no more -10 and below 'highs'.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Even though I'm #teamWarm to the bitter end, last night was pretty nice winter wise. I love those kind of nights where it's snowing but the snowflakes are huge, and it's more wet snow than anything so roads aren't bad. Also wasn't too cold out. Some nice scenery.
You shut your fucking fire starter!!!! >=[
At this point I don't care if the temperature stays below zero for the rest of the month, but for the love of god no more -10 and below 'highs'.
It's a #teamcold conspiracy!

walei

Meant contacts in a company to get you a referral. Not sure why you'd want to be a cashier after all you've done, even for a city like Toronto you can do better elsewhere. Not trying to dissuade you, but things are tough here and all people here deserve better. Back before the recession it was easy to get a job; I had just gotten back from teaching overseas and applied to a bunch of jobs and got tons of interviews quickly and had 2 offers within weeks.

Now, companies know there is a surplus of workers and are doing stupid shit more often like posting the job to test how much interest and pay they can get, posting the job knowing full well it's for an internal candidate, and simply not interviewing you.

I guess it doesn't help with the new shitty HR questions and tactics that are being employed. I got asked to describe the color pink to a blind person...........

Oh okay yeah I do have a couple of friends that can try and refer me internally so I'll give that a try too even though it's not really too related to what I"m doing now. LOL @ describe the colour pink to a blind person question... -_-

Oppo

Neat, was wondering about the weird new signs.

We're still only 40 years behind Tokyo tho.

That's actually about right, considering our population. In fact we're a bit ahead of the curve.

People forget that the city core is still only 240,000 or so.

Sober

If you guys want to make fun of me in person I will be at The Black Swan on the Danforth tomorrow night when they open up the stage for poor souls like me to read their short stories in front of a few dozen people.

jokkir

That place also doesn't look licensed.

Liquor license? When I went last week, they said they just got it recently so they haven't really updated their current menu to reflect that. I'm not sure a week later though.

Also, you get one of this instead of candy afterwards:
7bajkUC.jpg

Though it might just be a promotional thing since they opened up recently. And compared to Snakes and Latte's, the amount of games is really lacking.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Happy 180th b-day Toronto. They had a cake at City Hall but Ford wasn't there. I think there's something seriously wrong when he doesn't show up for cake.

If you guys want to make fun of me in person I will be at The Black Swan on the Danforth tomorrow night when they open up the stage for poor souls like me to read their short stories in front of a few dozen people.
Good luck.

yyzjohn

Banned
So the case has been turned over to the OPP, things are about to get good. Heard on Humble and Fred today that there are rumors the biggest reveal about Ford is yet to come.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So the case has been turned over to the OPP, things are about to get good. Heard on Humble and Fred today that there are rumors the biggest reveal about Ford is yet to come.

I want to say I don't care anymore but...I know I will when anything gets revealed.

Mr. F

Banned
Anyone have experience unlocking phones with their carriers? I have an old Bell iphone 4 I upgraded from a few months back and would like to unlock it for use as a travel phone abroad if possible.

Never done it before so I'm wondering if it's worth going through the carrier or if there's some kind of catch.

So some girl was just shot in the York University food court apparently according to CP24.

What is going on with this piece of shit school? Is there ever good news that comes out of York?

Windam

Scaley member
So some girl was just shot in the York University food court apparently according to CP24.

What is going on with this piece of shit school? Is there ever good news that comes out of York?

No. I really have zero clue why I decided to go there when I got into UofT, Ryerson, McMaster and Waterloo. This fucking school.

Oh well. We all make mistakes, I guess.

E-DuB

It appears that two people have been shot in the student centre up at York University. I'm not going to lie, hearing stuff like this makes me happy that I finished my undergrad there last semester.

Mr. F

Banned
It appears that two people have been shot in the student centre up at York University. I'm not going to lie, hearing stuff like this makes me happy that I finished my undergrad there last semester.

The worst part is there has still been no word from the school in any capacity, all the information trickling out has been through news outlets. So fucking ready to be out of here in a month.

No. I really have zero clue why I decided to go there when I got into UofT, Ryerson, McMaster and Waterloo. This fucking school.

Oh well. We all make mistakes, I guess.
You dun goofed. Bigtime.

Hope the kids shot survive. Wonder what all this was over. My cousin goes to York so I hope she's okay. She is supermodel gorgeous I worry for her with all the scumbags over there and sexual assaults on a daily basis.

I went to york, sad to hear. Kind of a shitty place especially after dark but I would never think something like this could happen. But I guess that's something a lot of people think when something happens nearby them.

whitehawk

Banned
I go to York. This is not something I ever wanted to hear about. The violence that's reported is usually in the surrounding area, but in the student centre? That's scary.

Watch York not cancel classes.

I go to York. This is not something I ever wanted to hear about. The violence that's reported is usually in the surrounding area, but in the student centre? That's scary.

Could have sworn you said you go to U of T but maybe it was someone else.

The worst thing I've encountered in my time at U of T is this old man who is always inside Robarts drinking his Tim Horton's coffee and just watching all the students walk by with the biggest boner expressions on his face. He's there almost everyday. It is creepy.

E-DuB

They're more likely to shut down the student centre for the weekend for the investigation and reopen on Monday. I don't see classes being affected in any way due to this. It's a shame really because what type of response do you put in place from this? More security? A police presence?

We'll venture to hear something by midday tomorrow I reckon.

Stet

Banned
One of my best friends went to York and the first time I went to visit him at one of those Sentinel apartment buildings I asked the nearest intersection and he told me Jane & Finch and I was like

whitehawk

Banned
Some more info:

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/news...um=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=

The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance with a shooting investigation.

On Thursday, March 6, 2014, at 10:45 p.m., police were called to the York University Student Centre, at 94 York Boulevard, for a shooting.

It is reported that:

- a man, travelling through the food court in the Student Centre, discharged a firearm

- one woman was shot in the leg

- she was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries

- a second woman was injured by shrapnel

- she was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and released

- the suspect fled on foot

It is believed the two women were not targeted.

The man is described as black, mid-20s, 5'8"-6', with a black hooded sweatshirt and black coat.

And York Released a statement:

To all members of the York community,

I would like to express my thoughts and concerns for our two students who were injured when a firearm was discharged on the evening of March 6 on our Keele campus. Toronto Police Service was called immediately and York University is co-operating with Toronto Police Service in their investigation.

Our immediate focus is on supporting the two students and their families, and in providing counseling support for York Community members. Senior University representatives have been with the victims at the hospital, and I am appreciative to hear that both are receiving the treatment they need. I am thankful to understand their injuries are non-life threatening.

As we have resumed normal operations, the University has taken several measures to enhance safety on campus, including increasing security patrols and the use of Toronto Police Service.

Any member of the York community wishing to speak to a counsellor can contact Counselling & Disability Services at 416-736-5297.

Sincerely,

Mamdouh Shoukri
President and Vice-Chancellor, York University

jokkir

Same. If I wasn't out for the semester I'd probably be at the student centre around the time the shooting happened or somewhere very close to it (Vanier) for club stuff. Happening in the student centre is crazy

Though it might just be a promotional thing since they opened up recently. And compared to Snakes and Latte's, the amount of games is really lacking.
I've been less and less impressed with Snakes the last few time I've went. They've now gone out of their way to force larger, meatier games out of their shop. When playing Formula D on their tables feels like a inconvenience, then you know they're targetting for a much quicker, smaller, more casual games.

Eleuin

My brother goes to York, I told him about the shooting last night and he was surprised they didn't even send him an email about it :\

sammich

Buying a house right now in this city is bordering on impossible. People shooting 50k to 80k over asking price is fucking insanity. There is no way for the average person to compete with this shit. Its frustrating beyond belief. People buy a house one year for 440k and then turn around and sell it next year for 521k. His asking price was 470k. I dont want to move into a condo but it seems i might have to for the time being. This shit needs to crash hard.

Quadratic

Buying a house right now in this city is bordering on impossible. People shooting 50k to 80k over asking price is fucking insanity. There is no way for the average person to compete with this shit. Its frustrating beyond belief. People buy a house one year for 440k and then turn around and sell it next year for 521k. His asking price was 470k. I dont want to move into a condo but it seems i might have to for the time being. This shit needs to crash hard.

I'm trying to buy a condo myself and it's the same story with people just outbidding you 30-50K.

Although, what I'm looking for is in very in demand areas like Yonge/Sheppard which is near transit.

Top Bottom