• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

yyzjohn

Banned
I think it is this one pictured below. Toro is the brand name. They have a few models that look the same to me like this. It was on sale is all I know. Just under $400 maybe? Not entirely sure. I think that is cheap and not sure the quality of it to be honest but worked well today my first time using it. My mother bought it. Works well though but it is smaller compared to a few of my neighbors blowers.

quick38583.gif

I'm guessing the one we have is one stage. By all means it works well at least for today's 10cm. I could definitely see it maybe struggle if we are getting into 15-20cm territory. The gas thing is good to know. Looks like it'll last a while.

Yeah, yours is a small one, mine would eat yours:
poulan_pr9es27_500X500.jpg

Yeah, yours is a small one, mine would eat yours:
poulan_pr9es27_500X500.jpg
Haha goddamn. I think the reason she went smaller is so she could do it herself as I'm moving out soon and there won't be anyone here to push a big blower around for her. So a smaller machine is best as she is tiny and it is very light and easy to move around.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Haha goddamn. I think the reason she went smaller is so she could do it herself as I'm moving out soon and there won't be anyone here to push a big blower around for her. So a smaller machine is best as she is tiny and it is very light and easy to move around.
Push? Mine drives itself. All you have to do is steer.

Fuzzy

Out into the white abyss I go. Let's see how long it takes me to get home.
It took me just over an hour to get home today (less than 25 minutes is the regular commute) because 3 trucks were stuck on the small incline of the 401 E Express approaching the 404.

mr.rager

Anyone here been to Malaysia before? Gonna be there around end of April for a week. Other than the Petronas Tower and Time Square mall, I know shit about the country. Also gonna be in Shanghai the week after so anyone with info on places to visit, it would be greatly appreciated.

Azih

Malaysia's an amazing place. Highlights from when we went were fireflies of Kuala Selangor, Islamic art museum in Kuala Lumpur, the Genting Highlands, and Malacca. Get tours for Malacca and the fireflies, they're a bit far from the city and the fireflies are a night trip. I guess from here to Niagara Falls is the rough comparison.

zroid

Banned
jeez... looking out the window does not truly convey the extent of the horrors of today's weather

I really should have run that errand yesterday...

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
It took me just over an hour to get home today (less than 25 minutes is the regular commute) because 3 trucks were stuck on the small incline of the 401 E Express approaching the 404.

Three and a half hours for me. I passed 5 trucks stuck on the 401 E express - 3 at Weston and 2 in the same spot you mentioned.

Rinoa

I was also a fan of toronto blue jays and white sox, as well as bills and dolphins during the 90s. It was a very ruff time barely scraping by with them handmedown startup pieces.

Blizzard sucks, commute both ways over an hour and a half... but yay Chow?

If tomorrow ices over like the ice storm, need to add a 3rd pic.

Last? It will snow until mid-May. I just want to get this out of the way before anyone acts surprised lol
I'm leaving for a sunny vacation end of April and won't be back until it is blistering hot at the end of June so this summer will be extra long for me.

I'm going to vote for anyone but Chow to spite Asian GAF. #TeamDonAndrews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Andrews

lmao jk wtf dude is a white supremesist?

zroid

Banned
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Andrews

lmao jk wtf dude is a white supremesist?

Never heard of the guy till now; not eligible to vote in Toronto so I haven't seen a ballot.

But...

In the 1974 election, Andrews placed a distant second in the mayoralty race as no serious candidate ran against popular incumbent, David Crombie. As a result, the municipal law was changed so that the runner-up in the mayoralty contest no longer had the right to succeed to the mayor's chair should the position become vacant between elections.

:lol :lol

I found this from the 2010 election. So we had two crack heads who ran for mayor that year. Lol Kevin Clarke. Quite the resume he had. Pimp, con, crack head, homeless.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2010/04/torontos_fringe_mayoral_candidates/

Don Andrews looks like a nice harmless grandpa, which is scary. He should send out flyers with this picture and no mention of him being a Nazi and he'd get a lot more votes.

20100407-don-andrews.jpg

Edit: k now I feel bad. #TeamKevinClarke

wiki said:
Clarke became homeless in 1998, after his auto business failed. For the next seven years, he frequently sang and preached on the streets of Toronto while wearing long, flowing robes. He was also actively involved in public affairs, and was a member of the Toronto Disaster Relief Committee.

provrun100_0706.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Dear handsome, beautiful, amazing Toronto-GAF...

I'm going to Toronto soon to stay for a week or two and I'm wondering one thing.

Where in central Toronto can I buy cheap games and other nerd paraphernalia that I might otherwise be able to buy here in Africa :p?

Thanks!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I'm going to Toronto soon to stay for a week or two and I'm wondering one thing.

Where in central Toronto can I buy cheap games and other nerd paraphernalia that I might otherwise be able to buy here in Africa :p?

Thanks!

I assume you're speaking to me and #teamwarm.

Check out the games deal Canada Facebook page and twitter account.

Other than flea markets and sales, I'm not sure you'll find anything particularly cheap here. Used game prices at the smaller shops tend to be better.

Nerd stuff like shirts I know ebgames has, but you can check Chinatown and Pacific Mall (crappy Chinese mall) for more nerd stuff and I 'think' the game shops there might have imports still.
Also...South Africa?
dress warm

Oppo

Thanks!

There's a bunch of places with nerdy things, maybe you could be more specific ;)

explodet

I am not a happy carbon-based life form.

Not only do I have to deal with a mayoral election that will undoubtedly be clown shoes thanks to Mr. Ford , I will also have to deal with a federal by-election because Ms. Chow was the MP for my riding. A riding stuffed to the brim with noise from construction thanks to condos that will crumble like stale cookies after 10 years.

At this rate we're going to have snowstorms until late April, and the piles of snow won't be disappearing until June. I just want to walk down the street and not have my face hurt, is that too much to ask?

And I think I'm coming down with strep throat. *coughs all over the thread*

Quick

Banned
I am not a happy carbon-based life form.

Not only do I have to deal with a mayoral election that will undoubtedly be clown shoes thanks to Mr. Ford , I will also have to deal with a federal by-election because Ms. Chow was the MP for my riding. A riding stuffed to the brim with noise from construction thanks to condos that will crumble like stale cookies after 10 years.

At this rate we're going to have snowstorms until late April, and the piles of snow won't be disappearing until June. I just want to walk down the street and not have my face hurt, is that too much to ask?

And I think I'm coming down with strep throat. *coughs all over the thread*

7SuLXbS.png

snow was so bad yesterday that I had to leave my car at work cause I couldn't drive out of the uphill lane to get to the main road.

Spent an hour and a half trying to get it out but no go

Go in this morning and everything is nice and tidy

All winter with barely any problems and this had to happen at the very end of it

Brinbe

Olivia had her announcement at a Church literally right across from my apt so I checked it out. It was a full house, which is pretty good considering it was short notice and the location wasn't exactly widely publicized. Nice speech too, focused mainly on family/children and the standard 'make Toronto better' type stuff and of course how much of a fuck-up Ford is. I can see her channeling some of that 2008 Obama magic.

Some pics
a8d92yc.jpg

She's in yellow
AGvr0T1.jpg

Like I said, it's just a Church so couldn't fit too many people, but it was packed.
PP38LR2.jpg

lol sun

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Olivia had her announcement at a Church literally right across from my apt so I checked it out. It was a full house, which is pretty good considering it was short notice and the location wasn't exactly widely publicized. Nice speech too, focused mainly on family/children and the standard 'make Toronto better' type stuff and of course how much of a fuck-up Ford is. I can see her channeling some of that 2008 Obama magic.

Some pics
I hope she has some actual plans to back up the talk. She's gotta do more than just talk

- employment is a mess
- housing is a mess
- public transit is a mess
- our image is a mess
- we still gotta mop up all that gravy that Rob missed D:

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I hope she has some actual plans to back up the talk. She's gotta do more than just talk

- employment is a mess
- housing is a mess
- public transit is a mess
- our image is a mess
- we still gotta mop up all that gravy that Rob missed D:

My plan is to ship Ford and the Fordites to an island in the pacific to form their own nation.

Thus, less competition for jobs here, lots of empty houses to lower prices, less congestion on the roads and ttc, obvious image improvement, SUN news goes out of business, and we can all stop caring about municipal politics.

Also fibre internet for everyone

Vote for me, Divvy 2014

Samyy

We need to create a publicly funded reality show staring the Fords.
We will then use the gigantic revenues to fund a badass subway.

Oh and proceeds will also go to funding a David Clarkson buyout and signing John Tavares AND Steven Stamkos. Bringing the good Canadian kids home eh!

Samyy 2014

explodet

Ford brothers are attacking Kevin Spacey now. This is not a joke.

National Post said:
Spacey joins a curious cornucopia of Ford Nation enemies which includes, but is not limited to: Police Chief Bill Blair, the Toronto Star (but especially reporter Daniel Dale), Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly, most of Toronto city council (but especially Councillor Adam Vaughan), Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau, his estranged brother-in-law, Twitter, bicyclists, This Hour has 22 Minutes, and cellphones that can shoot video.

Besides, don't they know that Kevin Spacey knows at least 7 ways to kill a person?

yyzjohn

Banned
From the news it seems like it's Doug Ford. Honestly it seems like at any of the few points that Rob isn't a complete dumbass, Doug has it covered.

Rob Ford / Doug Ford, they're on the same page. Dougie speaks up for Rob whenever he feels he needs to, he's the campaign manager after all. The entire family is a mess.

Fuzzy

Rob Ford interjected with a shrug: “I don't watch movies. I wouldn't know him if I ran him over.”
I believe it because he doesn't remember much when he's in a drunken stupor.

Brandson

Chow's statement on the downtown relief line subway as not being important is hugely disappointing. I'm really curious to know what she thinks outweighs Toronto's transit issues so much that warrants her disregarding them. I've never voted for Tory before for any of his candidacies, but it looks like that could change this time since I don't see Stintz getting enough support.

It's really too bad Toronto won't have ranked ballots in time for this election.

Azih

That family has some very weird hangups about new subways downtown. Jack Layton helped kill the DRL once a long time ago:

The Downtown Relief Line was left with few friends as a group of downtown councillors, led by Jack Layton, opposed its construction on the grounds that it would bring more development to the downtown core. The City of Toronto’s own official plan opposed any new rapid transit lines in the city, “as part of a policy to send new development, and its associated congestion, out to the suburbs.” The DRL plan unsurprisingly went nowhere.
http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2012/07/transit-planning-process-toronto-and-gta
What was that all about?

Top Bottom