• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

I've been to a Rock game like 8 years ago, it was soo much fun, you'd be surprised how many lacrosse fans are in TO. ACC was like 3/4 full. It's seriously a good spectator sports, you can hear the players checking each other to the boards, just like hockey, good times, go if you can go to a match.

We got free tickets to see a Rock game many many years ago. Turns out it was the finals and ended up being that historic win with like 1 second left on the clock the Toronto Rock scored. Was at the Gardens. Fucking nice experience for my first Toronto Rock game. Sadly it was also my last Rock game cause I haven't been since.

Shit I think it was year 2000. The Rochester 13 to Rock 14 final.

FOURTEEN FUCKING YEARS AGO WUT IS THIS...

spiderman_crying.gif

#Old #Dead

Kraftwerk

I went to a Rock game a year or two ago. It was fun. Wasn't impressed by the beer selection at the venue, it was more plebian beer, the sort Kave_Man drinks. They did have an amazing pulled pork hot-dog that I had, It was massive.

yyzjohn

Banned
Anyone remember the Toronto Phantoms? I went to see 1 game when they were a team, it was so fucking shit. I have no idea if arena football is even a sport anymore, but I'm proud to say, I was there.

zroid

Banned
Anyone remember the Toronto Phantoms? I went to see 1 game when they were a team, it was so fucking shit. I have no idea if arena football is even a sport anymore, but I'm proud to say, I was there.

Yeah I went to a game once, lol. I think we got free tickets or something. I don't even really remember it that well, and I definitely didn't know the rules.

It is, incidentally, the only time I've been to the Air Canada Centre... so there's that.

Yeah I went to a game once, lol. I think we got free tickets or something. I don't even really remember it that well, and I definitely didn't know the rules.

It is, incidentally, the only time I've been to the Air Canada Centre... so there's that.
The only time you've been to the ACC was to see a fucking phantoms game? Lol

Do the Raptors still have like $10 sprite zone tickets?

Can't believe that arena is 15 years old now. I've probably been to more Leaf games at the Gardens than the ACC though. I went to a lot of games at the Gardens cause my dad knew one of the hotdog vendors. Who knew a hotdog vendor had that much pull for free tickets? I've been to maybe 5-6 Leafs games at the ACC and a dozen abroad in Ottawa, Buffalo and whatnot.

Best was going into Ottawa in the peak of the Battle of Ontario and winning a playoff game there with my Cujo Leafs jersey on and rubbing it the fuck in Sens fans faces.

Was on HNIC too screaming at the camera and the next day my teacher (who I told I had a Dr appt and was leaving school early because of it) saw me and said hey nice Dr appt eh? I had like 10 seconds screen time I'm basically a celebrity. ~_~

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
At work today
"Is it snowing outside??"
"No, it's bullshit, that's what it is..."

Sums up how I feel about the lingering winter.

zroid

Banned
The only time you've been to the ACC was to see a fucking phantoms game? Lol

Do the Raptors still have like $10 sprite zone tickets?

Yeah lol, I'm kind of a couch potato so not super interested in seeing live sporting events. Certainly not at the ticket prices for Leafs games anyway, and I'm not really into basketball.

My dad used to have Jays season tickets, so I saw a handful of baseball games each year back in the 90s, but that's pretty much it. I've seen a couple Raptors games at the Skydome because we got free tickets, and I saw one Leafs game at the Gardens because my uncle took me.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I think the only team I haven't seen are the Rock. I've seen the Leafs, the Jays, the Raptors, the Argos, TFC and the Marlies.

Quadratic

I'm glad I got to see a Leafs game at the Gardens before it bcame a Loblaws. We tied Nashville at that game lol.

I'm hoping this is the beginning of great things for the pro sports team in Toronto. We've been having some pretty lousy luck. Maybe not Cleveland bad, but pretty close.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I got to see a Leafs game at the Gardens before it bcame a Loblaws. We tied Nashville at that game lol.

I'm hoping this is the beginning of great things for the pro sports team in Toronto. We've been having some pretty lousy luck. Maybe not Cleveland bad, but pretty close.
First round exits for all! Except for the Jays who some even make it!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I got my assessment from the doctor. Good news: I don't have diabetes; bad news: I am at risk.

Lifestyle and diet changes for now to reverse and hopefully stop the trend.

Well life is gonna get a lot less fun...

Samyy

Well, I got my assessment from the doctor. Good news: I don't have diabetes; bad news: I am at risk.

Only if you let it get less fun man
Theres plenty still to enjoy

yyzjohn

Banned

Did he suggest low-carb? Apparently that's supposed to help with your blood-sugar levels.

Kraftwerk

You are hereby banned from the meetups.

Sorry mate, it's for your own good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Pssh, screw that, who needs feet, anyway?
Yeah they just...get in the way.
Only if you let it get less fun man
Theres plenty still to enjoy
Back to raising my blood pressure in the final Leaf run
Did he suggest low-carb? Apparently that's supposed to help with your blood-sugar levels.
'She' suggested a dietitian actually.
You are hereby banned from the meetups.

Sorry mate, it's for your own good.
Pfft like I want to see a bunch of no good team cold frostbites
Darn, does that mean no more Korean Fried Chicken and beer?
Guess I gotta find that out...
do what I did

switch to rum and steak
I love rum. But I sold a bottle I just bought to avoid the temptation. She didn't say never to drink but keep it to once a week.

You'll find me dead in the cold hard ground before anyone takes steak away from me....

Quadratic

Has anyone bought a cheese or fruit platter at the Carlton Loblaws? I'm browsing their brochure now. It's for a work meeting on Friday.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone bought a cheese or fruit platter at the Carlton Loblaws? I'm browsing their brochure now. It's for a work meeting on Friday.
Does it come with extra gravy?

What our coworker did was just get the cheese platter and then cut up some sausages and added crackers. It was gone in no time. I guess it didn't help I was sitting next to it...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
All that Korean BBQ finally got to you, Kuro. I warned you, but here we are. YOU MADE THIS BED!

No more Phil Kessel diet for you.
No more cookies or donuts? Fuck this life!

Speaking of, I will probably get Korean BBQ this weekend...it's only lettuce and meat dammit!

Edit: but no more KFC and beer :'(

No more cookies or donuts? Fuck this life!

Speaking of, I will probably get Korean BBQ this weekend...it's only lettuce and meat dammit!

Edit: but no more KFC and beer :'(
Special diets suck but don't let it stop you from enjoying life. Moderation. Cutting out shit completely will make life miserable.

I'll buy you some Ensure meal replacement drinks, grandpa.

I just started watching Suits on Netflix. At first I actually thought it was shot in New York but I just noticed a Toronto location. This is one of the better shows/movies I've seen at really masking the fact that its shot in Toronto. Great show also.

Samyy

Special diets suck but don't let it stop you from enjoying life. Moderation. Cutting out shit completely will make life miserable.

I just started watching Suits on Netflix. At first I actually thought it was shot in New York but I just noticed a Toronto location. This is one of the better shows/movies I've seen at really masking the fact that its shot in Toronto. Great show also.

I believe its shot in Toronto, at the KPMG Bay & Adelaide office. Toured the office once, very swanky.

Sober

Apparently there is an episode of Suits where they "go to Toronto" which is code for pulling the camera back and making Toronto jokes or something.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Apparently there is an episode of Suits where they "go to Toronto" which is code for pulling the camera back and making Toronto jokes or something.
Everything on USA network is ironically shot in Canada except for White Collar.

Toronto GAF, my dad is currently working in your great city it is looking like he will be up there for the rest of the year. I'm planning to visit him through out the year. I'm presently finishing up my Bachelor's in Computer Science we have talked about me coming up there to look for work when I''ve completed my degree. You guys being residents of the city I would like to hear some feedback on how plausible this is. I been live in Detroit for too long I need a change of scenery.

Azih

Toronto GAF, my dad is currently working in your great city it is looking like he will be up there for the rest of the year. I'm planning to visit him through out the year. I'm presently finishing up my Bachelor's in Computer Science we have talked about me coming up there to look for work when I''ve completed my degree. You guys being residents of the city I would like to hear some feedback on how plausible this is. I been live in Detroit for too long I need a change of scenery.

Toronto's a pretty decent hub for Comp Sci/IT stuff. There are a bunch of software houses serving different industries especially the finance industry as Toronto is the financial center of Canada.

It's still not as easy to find a job as it should be (recession has made employers douchebags just becase they can be) but there are jobs. Where in the city does he live?

soultron

Banned
What kind of work would you want to do with your degree?

It really depends on how picky you are, I guess. But in general, I think it's actually pretty decent. Just don't get suckered into any mobile startups. A lot of them just blows.

There's also a weird trend where I'm seeing more contract based stuff than FTE, so I'm not sure if you have a preference.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I remember an episode that involved a baseball player and they talked to him at practice at the baseball field. Which was just BMO Field.

Top Bottom