• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
A girl at the ebgames in the Eaton Centre told me that some copies of GTAV don't work so I should pay for protection. I told her I was on Neogaf all day and didn't see anything of the kind. She shut the fuck up after that.
Lolwtf. Hope it wasn't the same one who helped me.

They so thirsty for that protection.

Dyno

Going to Vegas next month. Haven't been since I was a kid.

Anybody any recommendations?

The Machine Gun Experience! That's a great way to kill a few hours.

Insert Coin(s) is a pretty good bar just off the old strip. You order a bucket of beers and they set you up with a console. It's different.

Also on the old strip is The Golden Gate aka Club 1909. That's the first Vegas hotspot there ever was.

On the new strip there too many bars and clubs to mention. They are all quite good.

Also shopping at the outlet malls is really worth it. I'm not a huge shopping guy but even I went nuts there. Lots of cool hoodies, sunglasses and other swag.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

I really loved the tasting menu at Sensi at the Bellagio. Probably one of the best meals I've had. Secret Pizza was really good if you want a cheaper meal, just gotta find it first. Stay away from buffets, they are universally awful.

And yeah, Insert coin is great. I dunno if you're a Cirque fan, but we saw Love, O and Zumanity while we were there and all of them were amazing and fairly different from one another. Definitely see Love if you're a Beatles fan though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The Machine Gun Experience! That's a great way to kill a few hours.

Insert Coin(s) is a pretty good bar just off the old strip. You order a bucket of beers and they set you up with a console. It's different.

Also on the old strip is The Golden Gate aka Club 1909. That's the first Vegas hotspot there ever was.

On the new strip there too many bars and clubs to mention. They are all quite good.

Also shopping at the outlet malls is really worth it. I'm not a huge shopping guy but even I went nuts there. Lots of cool hoodies, sunglasses and other swag.
Hmmm forgot about the outlet malls....

I really loved the tasting menu at Sensi at the Bellagio. Probably one of the best meals I've had. Secret Pizza was really good if you want a cheaper meal, just gotta find it first. Stay away from buffets, they are universally awful.

And yeah, Insert coin is great. I dunno if you're a Cirque fan, but we saw Love, O and Zumanity while we were there and all of them were amazing and fairly different from one another. Definitely see Love if you're a Beatles fan though.
Oh you're going to spoil me. Better than JaBistro? We're at the Paris right across from the Bellagio so I may give it a try. Even the Bellagio buffets were no good...?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh you're going to spoil me. Better than JaBistro? We're at the Paris right across from the Bellagio so I may give it a try. Even the Bellagio buffets were no good...?

Well it's not the same kind of cuisine so I can't compare, but JaBistro might be better. What was really good was the the atmosphere. The way the restaurant is laid out, a lot of the seats are essentially chef's tables and it was just really a really fun meal.

Well I didn't go to that buffet, but I went to the ones in the Cosmo and the Wynn which were supposed to be the best, but they're just really mediocre. At the end of the day I'd rather have a few things made well than a ton of things made really mediocre.

Play MyVegas on Facebook, earn some free stuff before you go

Go see Penn and Teller at the Rio, awesome show
Bellagio buffet is really good

Look for previous vegas threads on Gaf, lots of good tips

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck me.

Not even in Vegas yet and already got scammed.

So, since my wife is a permanent resident and not a citizen (she's Korean), she needs a visa or a waiver to enter the US. It's supposed to be cheap and easy, but the site I directed her to was a third party site that took about 100 dollars (should cost 14 total)...I emailed them to cancel and am also going to call the dispute team at my CC company tomorrow. Additionally, we'll get a new CC issued and I'm also asking my wife to get another passport. Kind of extreme, but fuck I was so blind and stupid. It looks official but the side and bottom state the site is a third party. Jesus. Fuck. Wasn't able to focus all day and now this shit. FML

Azih

Yeah those assholes get near the top of google as well. Nearly got roped in when I was getting a copy of my son's birth certificate.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck me.

So, since my wife is a permanent resident and not a citizen (she's Korean), she needs a visa or a waiver to enter the US. It's supposed to be cheap and easy, but the site I directed her to was a third party site that took about 100 dollars (should cost 14 total)...I emailed them to cancel and am also going to call the dispute team at my CC company tomorrow. Additionally, we'll get a new CC issued and I'm also asking my wife to get another passport. Kind of extreme, but fuck I was so blind and stupid. It looks official but the side and bottom state the site is a third party. Jesus. Fuck. Wasn't able to focus all day and now this shit. FML

That sucks. :(

Hope it works out.

Fuck me.

That sucks man. Fraudsters are scum of the earth.

But you must now be a brave warrior and gain back your honor by winning a shit load of money gambling in Vegas!

...Which you will then come home with and spend the entirety of at Whole Foods as we begin your new healthy diet of organic overpriced lettuce and water for the remainder of life. Sorry, doctors orders.

Quick

Banned
Fuck me.

Terrible. I would've charged $50 tops!

Fraud sucks. At least you figured it out.

Quadratic

Damn that sucks Kuro.

Going to recommend In n Out Burger. Since you're a burger warrior. Make sure to get it animal style. Then you can have an opinion on the ongoing In n Out vs Five Guys war.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well they supposedly reversed the charge and there should be a refund - though I'm stuck waiting and seeing now. Will probably still cancel the CC just in case.

Yeah I heard about in n out. Also heard chick-fil-a is good. I'll see if I can't hit both while down there.

Quadratic

If you can make it to the In n Out UNLV location it's less busy than the one just off the strip.

American fast food is so cheap. You can try the 100 Mc Nugget challenge at McD's if they still have 20 for $5.

zroid

Banned
American fast food is so cheap. You can try the 100 Mc Nugget challenge at McD's if they still have 20 for $5.

eeeewwwwwwwww D:

Yeah they still have 20 for $5 last time I was in the US (which was in January). I think our McNuggets taste better -- well, US fast food tastes worse in general -- but I always grab a 20 pack when I'm down there. Just can't resist.

Don't remember seeing a chik-fil-a in Vegas, but there are a couple in-n-out's in the area

But fast food should be the least of your concerns in Las Vegas :p

Isn't Vegas all about buffets anyway? No need to eat fast food. (In N Out Burger is pointless anyway.)

You can save money by eating fast food but it's not the reason to go to Vegas, there are tons of food options so going off the strip for fast food is usually a waste of time

http://www.examiner.com/article/top-ten-steak-specials-las-vegas

You said you are staying at Paris? You aren't too far from Ellis Island for their cheap steak combo....it's not horrible :p

Spl1nter

eeeewwwwwwwww D:

Yeah they still have 20 for $5 last time I was in the US (which was in January). I think our McNuggets taste better -- well, US fast food tastes worse in general -- but I always grab a 20 pack when I'm down there. Just can't resist.

The canadian mcnuggets are completely different and therefore much more expensive. I don't think the US ones would pass food safety laws here.

this. never pay for anything outside of flight.

Myvegas got me one night at the Luxor, 2 lunch buffets at bellagio, 50 dollars for any restaurant at the Monte Carlo, and 100 dollars at the Irish Pub at New York New York

But that was when it was easier to gain loyalty points and reward values were better

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You can save money by eating fast food but it's not the reason to go to Vegas, there are tons of food options so going off the strip for fast food is usually a waste of time

http://www.examiner.com/article/top-ten-steak-specials-las-vegas

You said you are staying at Paris? You aren't too far from Ellis Island for their cheap steak combo....it's not horrible :p
It's not horrible. Can't top that review.
Myvegas got me one night at the Luxor, 2 lunch buffets at bellagio, 50 dollars for any restaurant at the Monte Carlo, and 100 dollars at the Irish Pub at New York New York

But that was when it was easier to gain loyalty points and reward values were better
Yeah I was trying a bit last night. Jeez I got a long ass way to go to get anything.

It's not horrible. Can't top that review.

Yeah I was trying a bit last night. Jeez I got a long ass way to go to get anything.

Yea, but there is a strategy to it but it involves adding lots of people to facebook who play the game.......aim for the lower rewards if you don't have much time to play

So, the Leafs..

So screwed. Of course they'd wait till the last home stretch of the season to fucking tank.

Whoever posted in here not long ago that maybe Toronto sports teams have started to turn a corner jinxed it all. Crucify him!

Spl1nter

I am fully behind TFC. Bradley is the closest this city has had to player similar to Wendel Clark. Him and Defoe are extremely likable and great role models.

Raptors are super easy to support as well. Such a likable cast of players with great athleticism.

I will follow the Jays if they are doing well in August. Always been a mild baseball fan but after the hype and preaching of last season they don't get my support until they have the results.

I dont think I can watch anymore Leafs games it just is too painful. Haven't been truly happy with the direction of the team since Burke was fired and we learned Carlyle cant coach last year.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I am fully behind TFC. Bradley is the closest this city has had to player similar to Wendel Clark. Him and Defoe are extremely likable and great role models.

Raptors are super easy to support as well. Such a likable cast of players with great athleticism.

I will follow the Jays if they are doing well in August. Always been a mild baseball fan but after the hype and preaching of last season they don't get my support until they have the results.

I dont think I can watch anymore Leafs games it just is too painful. Haven't been truly happy with the direction of the team since Burke was fired and we learned Carlyle cant coach last year.

Hopefully, the Toronto curse ends with TFC. THE ROCK DON'T COUNT, BOOGIE! :'(

Also, Winter is over and a Dream of Spring is coming

Kraftwerk

Anyone here been to Crows Nest in Kensington? Heard from some people that it's good. Went to their website to make a reservation, and the next one is 5-6 days from now.

rinse82

Wicked Spoon buffet at Cosmo
If you're going outlet shopping, make sure it's the North mall
Tix4tonight for good deals on shows the day of
The Gun Store to shoot some guns
Secret pizza at Cosmo

I love Vegas

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wicked Spoon buffet at Cosmo
If you're going outlet shopping, make sure it's the North mall
Tix4tonight for good deals on shows the day of
The Gun Store to shoot some guns
Secret pizza at Cosmo

I love Vegas
I'll keep these places in mind. You're the second person to mention secret pizza...

I was reading they have free wifi downtown now apparently too?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Honest to god, I'm not a HUGE fan of any of these people, but Chow at least seems to be talking down to me and insulting my intelligence the least. Maybe Tory.
So the cycle continues. I thought Chow was one of the good ones. Maybes she's just out to ban Asian massage parlours is all?

Edit: back at JaBistro right now. Fucking hell, Divvy, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?! D:

I just had the aburi so I presumably should be full but goddamn the smells around here are driving me nuts.

Top Bottom