• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

I never eat out anymore. Maybe a $3 sausage at a stand or a $2 cheese empanada from Kensington Market but that's about it.

My bro spends around $600 on his Visa just eating out a month. $20 a day!

With how much it costs me to go to the best university in the country and commute from peel region on the go transit system, I can't afford to eat out. Ok I can afford it, but I'd rather move out before I'm 30 so I'm making sacrifices.

jokkir

Anyone know a good haircut place downtown that charges around $15 or lower? I know a place but I'm thinking of trying a new place.

No appointments and stuff too. I'd rather just do walk-ins

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Who the hell came up with the format of this debate? For the vast majority of the time, there were no real questions - just free-for-all on really broad topics that devolved into shouting matches. No information, no opinions, just a bunch of adults trying to talk really loudly over each other. In other words, it was perfect for Rob Ford.

You should come to the meetups more often and you would know for sure .
Dude nice going on the hidden email tag message. Lol

I know I've flopped for two meetups but I should be the one to organize a summer meet up. I'd kill it. I'll hire some girls to come because no one from Lady GAF ever shows up, set up shop on the waterfront with a few dozen pounds of BBQ meats and my mini grill, along with a cooler full of beer. We could all pitch in $5-$10 or I'll just put it on Kuros credit card because he has that Asian cash and can afford it. I got connections with the LA Kings so I'll invite Drew Doughty, Jeff Carter, and Mike Richards to bring some cocaine which will almost certainly attract Joffrey Lupul. Which would then bring more girls to the party because Lupul is good like that.

Would go down in history. Team Winter can watch from home from the live telecast those bums ain't invited to shit! So yeah this is me volunteering to set this up sometime in July. I can deliver on 90% of what I said.

Oppo

Who the hell came up with the format of this debate? For the vast majority of the time, there were no real questions - just free-for-all on really broad topics that devolved into shouting matches. No information, no opinions, just a bunch of adults trying to talk really loudly over each other. In other words, it was perfect for Rob Ford.

City TV should be fucking embarrased, that was ridiculous.

It didn't accomplish anything. And Ford just got to spout the same stupid 5 points ad nauseum.

Gord Martineau probably did a few lines with him before they went up, so vacant and empty was his goatlike stare.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So in the Rob Ford thread in OT there is talks that he might actually get arrested.

BigJonsson can fill us in (oh my) on the details since I see he follows the dude who tweeted it out.

yyzjohn

Banned
So in the Rob Ford thread in OT there is talks that he might actually get arrested.

BigJonsson can fill us in (oh my) on the details since I see he follows the dude who tweeted it out.

I've heard mentions on radio and stuff but nothing concrete, I guess there's a rumor floating around? What's the story?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't know why they even have debates if they're not going to actively fact check and correct people during it. It's just a competition to see who can yell the loudest. And fuck Gord Martineau, that piece of shit should be the last person moderating this.

I like Soknacki. We need more people who use their brains instead of opinion polls (*cough* Stintz *cough*). His deamalgamation plan is a deal breaker though, that's a recipe for more ghettos.

ZZMitch

Do any of you guys have experience subletting your place over the summer? I am having trouble finding someone to sublet from me and could use some tips!

cbox

I don't know why they even have debates if they're not going to actively fact check and correct people during it. It's just a competition to see who can yell the loudest. And fuck Gord Martineau, that piece of shit should be the last person moderating this.

He was a terribad moderator, and kept rolling his eyes - who does that? Control the debate dude.

Oppo

I like Soknacki. We need more people who use their brains instead of opinion polls (*cough* Stintz *cough*). His deamalgamation plan is a deal breaker though, that's a recipe for more ghettos.

His optics and manner of speaking are the worst of all of them however. He seemed to be ping-ponging between a teleprompter and podium notes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
His optics and manner of speaking are the worst of all of them however. He seemed to be ping-ponging between a teleprompter and podium notes.
That's the real reason Ford sticks to only a few memorized catch-phrases. Have you ever seen him try to give a speech? He looks down at the page every 1 or 2 words.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure Martineau is a 4th degree black belt and could kick all those guys asses. Although Ford might have a chance by using his girth against him.
Lest we forget
04898450.jpg

Edit;
GODDAMN THIS FREAKIN SNOW! YOU WIN THIS ROUND, WINTERITES!

explodet

It's been kind of a rough day reading the internet today as an asian. The Colbert thread, the actor whitewashing thread, then I see this:

*CRUNCH*

That was a parody Twitter account.
Now I feel even worse.

INAFD.jpg

Boogie

Bad guy dead, police officer alive. As it should be. I wish the officer a speedy recovery.

Boogie, as a former TMNT avatar Gaffer, what do you think of the trailer for the new movie?

Initial reaction is........not a fan.

The best part of the trailer is the presence of William Fichtner.

Officially over? Leafs don't even know how to lose properly.

Only thing they're consistent at is finishing out of a good draft position in 9th-11th.

Bet the Raptors will be the first to win a championship out of the big 3 but we will be lucky to get one more major championship in this city in our lifetime.

soultron

Banned
It's all good, guys. We can get hyped about TFC now and then wallow in misery when they too let us down, just like so many other Toronto sporting clubs.

yyzjohn

Banned
The Jays winning the World Series was forever ago.

The Leafs have never won in my lifetime.

The Raptors have never won.

:(

I remember the Jays winning back 2 back, was a glorious time cause Leafs were also in the conference finals back to back years too. Probably never get that good again. I hate basketball so I can't even take joy in the Raptors.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I remember the Jays winning back 2 back, was a glorious time cause Leafs were also in the conference finals back to back years too. Probably never get that good again. I hate basketball so I can't even take joy in the Raptors.

It was glorious. I remember watching one of the Conference finals games at the Skydome on the jumbotron. And I went to both World Series celebrations at the Skydome. The Jays also had a good chance at a third if there wasn't the baseball strike.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You're just saying this because you'll be long dead before this statement can be proven false.

---

It looks like Ford caught up to Chow - http://www.forumresearch.com/PollsDownload.asp?docid=1600

33% Chow / 32% Ford / 21% Tory / Stintz 5% / Soknacki 4%
Still calling for a Chow win. I'm actually going to get out and vote to get him out. If Ford wins again...fuck this city. It's not a matter of dt vs subs, it's conservative blindness if they can't see what he's doing and they're ok with a druggie in charge.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It was glorious. I remember watching one of the Conference finals games at the Skydome on the jumbotron. And I went to both World Series celebrations at the Skydome. The Jays also had a good chance at a third if there wasn't the baseball strike.
No they didn't, they were 16 games back when the season was cancelled. That was the season the Expos were leading MLB and were on a march to the Post Season.

Top Bottom