• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Blackhead

Redarse
I hate it when it rains, and the few days after a rainfall. Everything is so ugly. Puddles everywhere, mud, worms on the sidewalk (I'm actually seeing fewer and fewer of these), and the smell of rain itself. Ugh.
Whaaaaat?! Petrichor is a great smell. I agree about the mud though (team snow?) I wish we'd jump straight from winter to summer
I do too but we need some rain to clean the streets though. They're dirty and sandy from the winter. Not to mention melt up the last bits of ugly snow on peoples lawns.
And the poop. All that frozen dog poop

So Colombus lost. One point up and now only one game at hand. What's the leafs playoff percentage chances gone up to now? Lol

Suffice to say if the leafs win tonight and they go one point up, this city will be bonkers.

Colombus still has 3 very tough games vs Tampa, Dallas and Phoenix, the latter two fighting for a playoff spot themselves.

Toronto SHOULD on paper at least be able to win 3 of the last 4 (tampa being the loss) but most likely need to win out and have colombus lose 2 of 5 to make it.

But without Lupul and Bernier the leafs are going to lose 3 of 4 so why am I even making this post. ~_~

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Whaaaaat?! Petrichor is a great smell. I agree about the mud though (team snow?) I wish we'd jump straight from winter to summer

And the poop. All that frozen dog poop
Wtf? No you don't! D:
Frozen poop...some fucker let their dog shit right in front of my place and never picked it up. Then joggers ran by and stepped on it. I had to clean that shit up myself. Fucking lazy irresponsible dog owners.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ahaha the Raps schedule the rest of the way is incredibly soft.

Barring a big upset or two, they should be able to break their franchise win record this year.

Yeah hoping worst case they go 4-2, but they have a real good shot at possibly sweeping those last 6, but that won't happen. No way this team wins 50 games. My body would not be ready.

So Colombus lost. One point up and now only one game at hand. What's the leafs playoff percentage chances gone up to now? Lol

Suffice to say if the leafs win tonight and they go one point up, this city will be bonkers.

Colombus still has 3 very tough games vs Tampa, Dallas and Phoenix, the latter two fighting for a playoff spot themselves.

Toronto SHOULD on paper at least be able to win 3 of the last 4 (tampa being the loss) but most likely need to win out and have colombus lose 2 of 5 to make it.

But without Lupul and Bernier the leafs are going to lose 3 of 4 so why am I even making this post. ~_~

I'm currently on a book tour, I'll send you a copy:

i2io0c25MRypD.jpg

Roto13

So do you bitches seriously just hate all weather that isn't overwhelming heat and humidity? Even a bit of rain makes you cry? God damn.

Kraftwerk

Regarding the weather, my friend told me about the farmers almanac last year, and they have been right so far. They had said it would be a brutal winter, and then a wet summer whit lots of humidity...

I hate humidity :"(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Regarding the weather, my friend told me about the farmers almanac last year, and they have been right so far. They had said it would be a brutal winter, and then a wet summer whit lots of humidity...

I don't like being wet.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Humidity is awful. :(

On another note, I saw someone wearing shorts and a winter coat today.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wtf? No you don't! D:
Frozen poop...some fucker let their dog shit right in front of my place and never picked it up. Then joggers ran by and stepped on it. I had to clean that shit up myself. Fucking lazy irresponsible dog owners.
Lazy irresponsible dog owners or just someone who knows you and left you a present?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lazy irresponsible dog owners or just someone who knows you and left you a present?

YOU SUMBITCH! >: (

Nah, we don't talk to anyone around here. And while it was on the sidewalk in front of my house, I walked down the street further and there was even more there. Maybe a dog walker who ran out of bags and just didn't care.

We have Kave to thank for jinxing the Leafs from his post on March 16th.

Can we talk about how after what felt like a million years Toronto sports might finally be coming back?

TFC makes big moves hopefully pays off.

Leafs barring a huge collapse (still possible) might make the playoffs for a second year in a row

Raptors barring a huge collapse (still possible but unlikely) might make the playoffs for the first time in 5-6 years.

The Blue Jays still exist...

And the Bills won't be here this year!

F you Kave!

zroid

Banned
Even the slightest bit of optimism is a curse in this city. Never have hope with Toronto sports teams and we will never be disappointed.

That wasn't optimism. It was stating the facts, lol. :p

Anyway, TFC, Jays, and Raps all won yesterday. And the Leafs continued to tank. So good news all around!

I'm preparing myself for the Raptors to get sweapt in the first round.

Were they expected to make the playoffs this year let alone possibly the division? The future looks bright for them more than any other Toronto team.

Blackhead

Redarse
Because I said it wasn't guaranteed they'd make the playoffs?

That wasn't optimism. It was stating the facts, lol. :p

Anyway, TFC, Jays, and Raps all won yesterday. And the Leafs continued to tank. So good news all around!
That wasn't optimism. It was being realistic.

But this is a young Leafs team, you can't be putting pressure on them like that by stating facts. They were just going out there night after night, making plays, enjoying their hockey, and somehow winning games too. But now they've made the playoffs once and suddenly fans are having expectations of the club. Fans are actually booing now when the Leafs lose games instead of cheering for effort. By placing these demands on these young players we've stopped them from developing. Now nobody is happy.

Best case scenario is we miss out this season, don't make the playoffs for the next five years, and all the Leafs fans stop feeling so entitled

I'm kidding

Samyy

Was watching the tail-end of the raptors game last night, this DeRozen guy seemed pretty good.
I'm guessing hes like the team's "star"?

Also just realized I'm going to be going to the Jay's game on the day the have Dickey Bobbleheads.... aww yisssss

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Was watching the tail-end of the raptors game last night, this DeRozen guy seemed pretty good.
I'm guessing hes like the team's "star"?

Also just realized I'm going to be going to the Jay's game on the day the have Dickey Bobbleheads.... aww yisssss

Pretty much, Demar was named to his first all-star game this season.

Other then him focus on Kyle Lowry (who is currently injured) those are the two that really get this team moving offensively.

Azih

Thing about Derozan that's great is that he is still laying down damage even when he's being focused on by the opposing defense. Hell his assists are up and that just shows he's playing all around smart.

Top Bottom