• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Oppo

Team winter what the fuck?!

whatisthisshit3jscc.jpg

Is that North Toronto or something? All we got on the Danforth is rain.

ZZMitch

Hey, he isn't paid by the Raptors to be perfect. He's paid to play basketball and he has a proven track record doing so.

He won't be playing basketball if he gets suspended for two games during this very important final push to the playoffs!

Azih

I can forgive a lot for a 21 year old but drinking and driving? Seriously Jonas? No matter what it does to the Raptors playoff seedings Dwayne Casey and Masai Uriji really have to go above and beyond in punishing the dude. At least a three game suspension and a lot of yelling and screaming.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Supposed to get better this weekend and then next week Thursday I'm leaving you cold weather schmucks for 20-30 weather in Vegas.

It was cold last night though...felt like the heat was just blowing air and no warm air :(

I blame that fucking lurker, EM!

Yes,YOU, EM! >={

Supposed to get better this weekend and then next week Thursday I'm leaving you cold weather schmucks for 20-30 weather in Vegas.

It was cold last night though...felt like the heat was just blowing air and no warm air :(

Yes,YOU, EM! >={
Also leaving next week for vacation. Two months on the beaches of Chile! Will send pics of beach babes back to all my team summer bros here. Stay strong.

I hope it snows in Chile >:)
It won't :)
I will ship him a cooler full of snow
Hate you.
*posts about being poor*
Goes on vacation two months...
Staying with my girls family! I'm doing it on the cheap and leaving from Buffalo. This is my tax return money. :/

Edit: Ben Johnson and fucking Sam Losco from trailer park boys joined fords campaign team? Is this real life? Sam Fucking Losco? Caveman? Hahaha. Wtf.

Quadratic

Yes,YOU, EM! >={

I'm in Boston now for PAX. It's actually quite nice here. 17c so it's somewhat warm. Not like last year when there was a snow storm.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've been waiting a few weeks to respond to these. :)

Yeah, those great Leafs with the worst ROW of all the playoff teams and the worst +/- of all the playoff teams. :lol
3rd in the east bitch, gtfo!
What was that?

Yeah, those great Leafs with the worst ROW of all the playoff teams and the worst +/- of all the playoff teams. :lol
Cause +/- carries over into the playoffs amirite!!??
No, I guess it doesn't. ;)

yyzjohn

Banned
We can only realistically drop a spot or two. The time to tank was a month ago. Leafs can't even tank properly.

It's all about the lottery now and chances of getting the #1 pick. Leafs in 11th spot have 1.5% chance, if they can drop down to 7th they'll move up to 4.7% -- still shit but better than 1.5

Oppo

Don't get me wrong. It's single digits now in the evening. Make sure to pack accordingly.

Are you at the Westin, Quadratic? I'm coming in tomorrow night. Had a bunch of my usual peeps bail on me due to shitty family citcumstances. Suppose I should check the PAX GAF thread.

Omzz

You mean how your info has probably been stolen if you did it online?

5.6+ million people is a lot if info really has been stolen.

I haven't even sent mine in yet. I just gave my dad all my papers yesterday.

i dont think info had been stolen? or it potentially had, im not sure

guess imma wind up with a lot of debt yall :|. osap is bad enough

Quadratic

Are you at the Westin, Quadratic? I'm coming in tomorrow night. Had a bunch of my usual peeps bail on me due to shitty family citcumstances. Suppose I should check the PAX GAF thread.

I'll shoot you a PM with my US number.

I couldn't get the Westin. The seaport one right? I ended up getting a hotel in Chinatown/Boston Common (Park Plaza).

Went to the Sox game today at Fenway. Damn it was cold. Sometimes I'm glad the dome can be closed for cold weather.

zroid

Banned
another ugly win for the Raps against a bottom feeding team, but I'll take it I guess :U

they're gonna need to play better against the Knicks

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
another ugly win for the Raps against a bottom feeding team, but I'll take it I guess :U

they're gonna need to play better against the Knicks

What you'll notice about this team is they don't blow out anyone. But at the same time they don't blow leads often.

33-2 on the season when leading going into the fourth quarter.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I've been really impressed with their 4th quarter play generally. I think the score in this one belies their play during most of the game though, it looked kinda lazy.

ZZMitch

Better hockey team and better weather...terrible accent though, yes, I'm calling YOU out, Mitch! ;)

I see how it is! I don't really have the accent though, kinda wish I did because it would make me more interesting I think :p

Also I am pumped that the Raptors are my Toronto Team... didn't seem like a good idea at the time but I had no choice since the team picked me. But now they are about the only team Toronto has that is better than a Boston team.

I dread to think what my life would be like right now if I was a Leafs fan... *shudder* My girlfriend is a huge Leafs fan, she is in a sad place right now. I was scared our relationship would end a while back when the Leafs played Boston but the Leafs ended up winning (kind of like one those "no matter who wins I lose" situations).

Azih

I used to be a generic Toronto bandwagon fan kind of guy but this year I realized that the only team I really care about is the Raptors. I honestly did not give a shit about the Leafs when they were on fire at the start or when they collapsed near the end. The Defoe signing had me going meh. And I've always kinda hated baseball (anti money ball dissapointment last year didn't help). For the Raptors though I was following the tank watch at the start and enjoyed the hell out of the stunning turnaround post Rudy Gay.

Blackhead

Redarse
I'm preparing myself for the Raptors to get sweapt in the first round.

Were they expected to make the playoffs this year let alone possibly the division? The future looks bright for them more than any other Toronto team.

Zzmitch, Azih, etc, any reply to this? I'm the opposite by the way; I think the Raptors future is the dimmest after this season

ZZMitch

Zzmitch, Azih, etc, any reply to this? I'm the opposite by the way; I think the Raptors future is the dimmest after this season

Raptors were expected to be horrible and tank for Wiggans actually. So them being this good is a pretty big surprise. But Masai is a god and got rid of both Bargnani and Gay and suddenly the Raptors are competitive.

I am naturally optimistic in life but I think the Raptors have a pretty bright future. JV and TRoss are developing nicely and if Demar can keep up his current production then the Raptors will still be good. The big questions is are the Raps can hold on to Lowry and if they can go from good to great. Good teams make the playoffs, great teams win championships.

I think they are one big move from being a great team. The pieces are almost there. What that move is I don't know.

I think they will win in the first round and give Indiana trouble in the second round (that's if they can hold the 3 seed and Indiana ends up in the 2 seed). They don't have much of a chance against Miami but you never know.

zroid

Banned
I think they are one big move from being a great team. The pieces are almost there. What that move is I don't know.

This is what I've been hearing from pundits/media folk. They have 2 "stars" right now, and elite teams generally have 3.

But yeah Jonas and Ross are already strong components in my mind. Vasquez too. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season.

I think they will win in the first round and give Indiana trouble in the second round (that's if they can hold the 3 seed and Indiana ends up in the 2 seed). They don't have much of a chance against Miami but you never know.

Chicago certainly isn't giving us any help in this regard :<

Azih

Yeah to echo others here. Raptors were expected to suck terribly this year and pave way for a high draft pick to start YET ANOTHER REBUILD. It was a pretty crap situation. But it turns out that we might have already drafted a great future with Jonas Valanciunas and Terrence Ross blossoming. Add to that Kyle Lowry becomes one of the best PGs in the league and Demar Derozan(!) becoming an all star and Amir Johnsom remaining an effective and gritty glue guy and the Raptors starting 5 has become a really strong core. It's absurd how much better we are after Rudy Gay was shipped out. Really the record since the Gay trade is insanely good.

The chemistry of the team is off the charts and they are all unselfish players. They've kept winning even after one or other of the starters has been injured. If Terrence and Jonas keep developing and if Kyle, Demar, and Amir stay at the level they're at (or even better) then really this team could be very good for YEARS. They need to resign Lowry badly though. And the bench needs upgrading.

They better re-sign Lowry, and he better not revert to lazy Lowry after getting paid

I think they'll try to get Vince Carter next season, he'd do well off the bench

Top Bottom