• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

zroid

Banned
BlsN7-MIgAA4L-P.jpg:large

:(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's okay I'm sure the Sun will be able to counter.

I'm actually really liking all this animosity that is building up.

zroid

Banned
:lol

Well worst case at least the Raps might walk out of this with a genuine rivalry of sorts

They'll need to win a couple though

Quick

Banned
Liar. I know you.

Once the NHL season starts again you'll be right there with a copy of my book hoping for the best.

Of course. My spirit will have been restored by then.

But currently broken. Women and the Leafs. Not even Heretic's simp book can help.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Poor raps...on the plus side, all the NHL teams I wanted to win more or less have.

Stomach again...damn buffets...

Also went to a Penn and Teller show and got my picture taken with them. They were pretty tired but got one with everyone who wanted one.

Legs kinda aching from all this walking and have pretty much seen the entire strip and decent chunk of the insides.

Some of these places feel like they could use a cleaning and renovation...

Sigh, also getting carded everywhere.

Also tried Secret Pizza the other night. Dough wasn't spectacular, but the sauce was just the right amount of spiciness and flavour and the toppings were really good. Not sure I'd want to wait in line all the damn time for 5.50 slices though.

Lexxism

I wonder if the series between Raptors and Nets will be the same last 2007 playoffs. This is a perfect time for revenge especially they already started the name calling anyway.

Poor raps...on the plus side, all the NHL teams I wanted to win more or less have.

Also went to a Penn and Teller show and got my picture taken with them. They were pretty tired but got one with everyone who wanted one.

Legs kinda aching from all this walking and have pretty much seen the entire strip and decent chunk of the insides.

Also tried Secret Pizza the other night. Dough wasn't spectacular, but the sauce was just the right amount of spiciness and flavour and the toppings were really good. Not sure I'd want to wait in line all the damn time for 5.50 slices though.

Penn and Teller are awesome like that, they do it after every show

I wish I was still carded, damn Asians and their youthful good looks

Quadratic

I went to Gyugyuya curry house over the weekend. The restaurant is right next to Sansotei on Dundas so there were two lines. I'm thinking the recent uptick in people interested in Gyugyuya is because they had a recent writeup in BlogTO. It's a small dedicated Japanese curry restaurant downtown. The line will probably be good advertising. Until some copycat joints inevitably open.

It's a very simple concise menu. Only rice dishes for the most part. Kuro will be happy to know there is a $19 challenge curry that has sausages, two hard boiled eggs, chicken and pork cutlet on a bed of rice with curry sauce.

If you're not familiar with Japanese curry it's almost akin to a gravy rather than what you would get at an Indian restaurant. It's generally pretty mild with a tinge of sweetness.

I also nabbed the Yakitori which was serviceable. It was the way the like it. Without any teriyaki sauce. The main deal was the katsu curry. Served on a metal dish. It's just as good as the curry places I've been to in NYC (which are transplanted chains from Japan). Just a bit of Bull-Dog Tonkatsu sauce on the cutlet which was a nice touch.

I didn't have the beef bowls which are on the menu too. I hope to grab one next visit.

I'd rate this as a must check if you're tired of the recent influx of ramen and izakaya places. It's a shame this place isn't big enough for a GAF meetup.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I went to Gyugyuya curry house over the weekend. The restaurant is right next to Sansotei on Dundas so there were two lines. I'm thinking the recent uptick in people interested in Gyugyuya is because they had a recent writeup in BlogTO. It's a small dedicated Japanese curry restaurant downtown. The line will probably be good advertising. Until some copycat joints inevitably open.

It's a very simple concise menu. Only rice dishes for the most part. Kuro will be happy to know there is a $19 challenge curry that has sausages, two hard boiled eggs, chicken and pork cutlet on a bed of rice with curry sauce.

If you're not familiar with Japanese curry it's almost akin to a gravy rather than what you would get at an Indian restaurant. It's generally pretty mild with a tinge of sweetness.

I also nabbed the Yakitori which was serviceable. It was the way the like it. Without any teriyaki sauce. The main deal was the katsu curry. Served on a metal dish. It's just as good as the curry places I've been to in NYC (which are transplanted chains from Japan). Just a bit of Bull-Dog Tonkatsu sauce on the cutlet which was a nice touch.

I didn't have the beef bowls which are on the menu too. I hope to grab one next visit.

I'd rate this as a must check if you're tired of the recent influx of ramen and izakaya places. It's a shame this place isn't big enough for a GAF meetup.
Pfft that curry challenge. I guess it depends on the time limit but I should be able to do it.

I guess we could do a monhun meet up near there instead?

In n out burger isn't on the strip I beleive so I don't think I can get to it. I did try fat burger and that is at least a thumbs up. Patty had a good texture but could have been bigger. I didn't think the bacon and fried egg were great but the cheese was good. I like how the bun didn't bloody disintegrate and everything was held together nicely. Really teminded me of a decent burger you can make at home. There are franchises in Crapmonton and Calgary...likely too many shitty joints in Toronto for it to come.

I really like Vegas and hope to come back but can't wait to get home. Might be better if I had wifi in the room. Goddamn shitty hotels...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Anyone been to paintball city? I'm going there for my friend's bachelor party and I don't know what to expect.

What hotel are you staying at Kuro?

soultron

Banned
Anyone been to paintball city? I'm going there for my friend's bachelor party and I don't know what to expect.

Used to go a lot when I played PB.

How long are you playing for? Depending on how long you're playing (2-3 hours?) expect to spend maybe $60 on paintballs on the top of your rental costs. Also, bring a change of grungy clothes (AND SHOES... do not wear your normal or nice shoes into a paintball place... they will get covered in paint and broken shells) if you don't want to rent a set of overalls. As a sanitary measure for your car, I'd also recommend bringing towels/rags for the floor of your car and the seats.

If it's your first time playing paintball, it'll be darker than you'd expect but the pain from being shot will be less than you expect. Serious tip: before your start, agree to shoot each other in the shin or foot to prepare yourself. Areas where it will hurt to get shot in are the hands (knuckles), head, and especially the neck. I'd recommend bringing some protection for these areas. Some loose gloves for your hands and a few bandanas (or loose rags) for your head/neck. And try not to get shot in your coin purse.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll gladly answer. I played competitive paintball for about 7 years so I'll do my best.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

The Paris.

How did you guys get to the airport from your hotel? I guess any old cab could do, but any advice.

How long are you playing for? Depending on how long you're playing (2-3 hours?) expect to spend maybe $60 on paintballs on the top of your rental costs. Also, bring a change of grungy clothes (AND SHOES... do not wear your normal or nice shoes into a paintball place... they will get covered in paint and broken shells) if you don't want to rent a set of overalls. As a sanitary measure for your car, I'd also recommend bringing towels/rags for the floor of your car and the seats.

If it's your first time playing paintball, it'll be darker than you'd expect but the pain from being shot will be less than you expect. Serious tip: before your start, agree to shoot each other in the shin or foot to prepare yourself. Areas where it will hurt to get shot in are the hands (knuckles), head, and especially the neck. I'd recommend bringing some protection for these areas. Some loose gloves for your hands and a few bandanas (or loose rags) for your head/neck. And try not to get shot in your coin purse.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll gladly answer. I played competitive paintball for about 7 years so I'll do my best.
Everything here. Got shot in my nice shoes and some ass shot there purposefully and even shot when they said stop. Also got shot through the holes in my mask and got it in my mouth. Haven't been back since...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Damn that's some good advice. I'll make a trip to value village or something and pick up some garbage clothes. Thanks for the info, I'm pretty sure I'll have more questions once details get figured out.

The Paris.

How did you guys get to the airport from your hotel? I guess any old cab could do, but any advice.

There are shuttles that will drive between the hotels and the airport for pretty cheap, like 8 bucks or whatever. I think the company we used was Showtime?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
There are shuttles that will drive between the hotels and the airport for pretty cheap, like 8 bucks or whatever. I think the company we used was Showtime?
I'll see if I can find it. I didn't see them the entire time I was here...

And keep your head down and when you are in the open, make yourself a smaller target.

The Paris.

Everything here. Got shot in my nice shoes and some ass shot there purposefully and even shot when they said stop. Also got shot through the holes in my mask and got it in my mouth. Haven't been back since...
I stayed at Paris last month. Dan that pool had a lot of...talent

Not a cloud in the sky. Never rains. Can see every star in the galaxy at night. 30 degrees. Skin sizzling. Sweat drippin. I don't wanna never come backkk.

How are things in Toronto?

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

I hope the Raptors don't first round choke like I predicted.

Also they don't have internet caps down here and for an emerging but not completely developed country the internet here is fast as hell!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Christ!

Long line up for Earl of Sandwich. But they got wifi and decent sandwiches

"World's Greatest Hot Sandwich" is hyperbolic advertisement, but I will say the sandwiches were worth the line up and easy to eat.

I had the Earl's Club:
The content to bread ratio was excellent and nothing spilled over. The bread wasn't super crusty, but there was texture to it and the heat helped keep the meat warm. The sandwich sauce isn't that great, but at least it didn't overpower the sandwich, which some sauces tend to do.

Heh, it was a nice lunch sitting right in front of the Star Wars slot machine.

Christ!

Long line up for Earl of Sandwich. But they got wifi and decent sandwiches

"World's Greatest Hot Sandwich" is hyperbolic advertisement, but I will say the sandwiches were worth the line up and easy to eat.

I had the Earl's Club:
The content to bread ratio was excellent and nothing spilled over. The bread wasn't super crusty, but there was texture to it and the heat helped keep the meat warm. The sandwich sauce isn't that great, but at least it didn't overpower the sandwich, which some sauces tend to do.

Heh, it was a nice lunch sitting right in front of the Star Wars slot machine.

When I was in London, England I went to Earl of Sandwich twice lol, I was pretty excited to see it :p Mmmm tuna melt

Luxor around the sports book has free wifi as well IIRC

Samyy

Not a cloud in the sky. Never rains. Can see every star in the galaxy at night. 30 degrees. Skin sizzling. Sweat drippin. I don't wanna never come backkk.

How are things in Toronto?

I hope the Raptors don't first round choke like I predicted.

Also they don't have internet caps down here and for an emerging but not completely developed country the internet here is fast as hell!

Just don't come back then!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
When is the last time he showed up to an event and the home team won?

I bet security keeps a close eye on him tonight, surely MLSE doesn't want him creating a scene at a playoff game
Maybe he'll start talking shit about Brooklyn also.

Top Bottom