• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Yeah low twenties for me too. Except I like a blast of 50 degrees from time to time
Going back to Kuwait for a few weeks this summer D: Hopefully my skin hasn't pussified.

Quadratic

It's a shame we're not going to get much, if any spring. I have a feeling it'll just go straight up to 20+ degree weather after this cold spell is over.

Z40Bcih.jpg

Downside is the smog can get bad here. So bad that in this pic behind that tiny hill there is the massive Andes mountains that you can't even see right now. But this view...I could get used to this. $400 Canadian 1 bedroom water & electricity included. I don't even know how much something like this would cost downtown Toronto. I also bought a week of groceries for $12 and took a taxi 5km for $4.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Z40Bcih.jpg

Downside is the smog can get bad here. So bad that in this pic behind that tiny hill there is the massive Andes mountains that you can't even see right now. But this view...I could get used to this. $400 Canadian 1 bedroom water & electricity included. I don't even know how much something like this would cost downtown Toronto. I also bought a week of groceries for $12 and took a taxi 5km for $4.
I'm going to have to post pics later. Now, how much does gaming cost there, how much do burgers cost there, and how short are the skirts there?
Don't tell me you are cheering for Montreal in the playoffs!
Better the Smurfs than Marchand
Hey, better them than the Bruins, Wings or Pens!

I guess in order for me

Tampa Bay (lol)
San Jose (Joe Thornton deserves one...)
Anaheim (if it's more evidence that Carlyle is shit, then I'm all for it)
St Louis (I think they deserve it...even if it means we'll be the longest running franchise without a Cup)
Colorado (young, exciting team to watch)
New York (GG St. Louis)
Montreal (eh...)
Philadelphia (Schenn gave us JVR)
Minnesota (eh middle of the pack)
Columbus (beat us out of a playoff spot)
Pittsburgh (fucking goalie running Malkin)
Chicago (they already got enough)
Detroit (screw Alfie)
Dallas (screw Seguin)
Los Angeles (screw Brown)
Boston (screw Boston)

I'm going to have to post pics later. Now, how much does gaming cost there, how much do burgers cost there, and how short are the skirts there?
Gaming is expensive. Probably $100 for a PS3 game? Systems are easily $5-600 for a PS3. It is less expensive than say Argentina and Brazil for gaming but compared to Canada it is a lot.

Burgers I haven't had yet but I saw a Burger King whopper meal (lol) ad on the side of a bus and it was $4.50. USA franchises are more expensive than local places. Taco Bell, McDonalds, KFC, they have it all and though cheaper than Toronto it is more expensive than eating at a local establishment.

Skirts are short. Pants are tight. BUT they dress opposite to how they act. They're super shy and keep their heads down if you try to talk with them. It is a very religious country so good luck getting past first base with most girls until like 3 months in lol. (I should know. My gf is from here) ಠ_ಠ

Quick

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/Z40Bcih.jpg[IMG]

Downside is the smog can get bad here. So bad that in this pic behind that tiny hill there is the massive Andes mountains that you can't even see right now. But this view...I could get used to this. $400 Canadian 1 bedroom water & electricity included. I don't even know how much something like this would cost downtown Toronto. I also bought a week of groceries for $12 and took a taxi 5km for $4.[/QUOTE]

Cheap living. Gotta love it. I was able to do that for a week in Asia last year. I ate at a lot of nice restaurants.

yyzjohn

Banned
So Humble & Fred made a comment a while back that they didn't think Opie and Anthony are funny. Well O&A caught wind of it, made fun of Humble & Fred on their show and then the legion of losers that listen to O&A starting spamming the H&F Facebook page. All in all some pretty good publicity for our Toronto boys.

Azih

Montreal devs just jelly that they don't have any buildings anyone in the world would recognize

Nah, they make Toronto look good in their art. It's all good. We've got a long ways to go before we're destroyed as much as New York City or Tokyo anyway.

explodet

Nah, they make Toronto look good in their art. It's all good. We've got a long ways to go before we're destroyed as much as New York City or Tokyo anyway.
Between the Sinister Six and Ultron, you couldn't pay me to live in New York. And have you SEEN how much Godzilla insurance is in Tokyo?

I'll take occasional zombie outbreaks and nuclear bombs any day.

Quadratic

CRIES DELIVERS!

If you don't hear from me, my body will be at gyugyua.

I asked about the curry challenge and...

Waitress said, "it's only big for girls".

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! >={

Edit: done! Argh...my blood sugar...!

I would like to hear your opinion after the blood sugar levels normalize.

krae_man

I only bought 7 mini egg baggs and 2 mini cream egg bags. $9.56 including tax for all 9. 4 days ago one 400g mini egg bag would have cost that much.

God they were so ridiculously overpriced this year. I need to make up for lost egg eating.

what are some good shops downtown that will buy my iPhone 4 16GB for a decent price? I would post it in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread but I don't really feel like bothering with shipping =/

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've never had any kind of those eggs. Speaking of things I've never tried before, I ate my first Butter Tart this week. The look always turned me off but I gave it a shot and holy shit I love them.

Magnus

Ok, joined Goodlife - got a sick corporate rate via the company I work for. Couldn't turn it down. Now, which location is best? Lol. I have one close by that works best for me geographically, but would travel a bit further for the nicer ones with better facilities. Anyone got a fave?

zroid

Banned
My local Rexall was selling the 200g Mini Eggs for $2.46 :(

I might have been better off though, as I only bought one bag for $2.46 (it's still about 50% off) as opposed to like 10 bags for $9.40. :lol

Top Bottom