• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kraftwerk

Best poutine?

I know a very secret spot. Go to Queen and Bathurst head towards trinity bellwoods. As soon as you pass the drunk homeless dudes, you will see a shady restaurant called The Barn. Go and have some poutine there. Only $5.

VSFVw05.jpg

source

So which one of you guys spread those anti immigration fliers in Brampton?
Lol what? Oh Brampton. I'm so embarrassed I spent half my life growing up there. Does anyone from Brampton actually say they're from Brampton? Like is anyone actually proud to be from Brampton? It's sad because 20 years ago it was nice and is now a complete shithole full of shitheads.

Also the marijuana pic: If the pro marijuana people want to be taken seriously by skeptics (I am for legalization BTW) they should have people who aren't complete morons championing the cause. All you see at these events are people who look like they haven't bathed in months and can't string a sentence together.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Lol what? Oh Brampton. I'm so embarrassed I spent half my life growing up there. Does anyone from Brampton actually say they're from Brampton? Like is anyone actually proud to be from Brampton? It's sad because 20 years ago it was nice and is now a complete shithole full of shitheads.

Also the marijuana pic: If the pro marijuana people want to be taken seriously by skeptics (I am for legalization BTW) they should have people who aren't complete morons championing the cause. All you see at these events are people who look like they haven't bathed in months and can't string a sentence together.

And people who take pictures with tablets too apparently. Fucking scum

Tuck

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the subway passes. I'll be working in Toronto this summer, for an internship, so I have to take the subway twice a day (minimum - may need to use it and possibly buses downtown during the day for work, and I'd like to explore the city a bit after work, so there may be days when I'm taking the subway a few times, but for the most part, it should be two times per day.)

What my friend does is just buys tokens in bulk - is that smart? Or should I go for the monthly pass? Also, where does one go about getting a pass (I assume the subway station?) And does the pass work just for the subway or any bus downtown (According to their website it looks like it does)? I was hoping to get a student discount, but my friend say that only applies to students who go to school in Toronto, which is a bit weird.

Thanks.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the subway passes. I'll be working in Toronto this summer, for an internship, so I have to take the subway twice a day (minimum - may need to use it and possibly buses downtown during the day for work, and I'd like to explore the city a bit after work, so there may be days when I'm taking the subway a few times, but for the most part, it should be two times per day.)

What my friend does is just buys tokens in bulk - is that smart? Or should I go for the monthly pass? Also, where does one go about getting a pass (I assume the subway station?) And does the pass work just for the subway or any bus downtown (According to their website it looks like it does)? I was hoping to get a student discount, but my friend say that only applies to students who go to school in Toronto, which is a bit weird.

Thanks.

I'd suggest a monthly pass. You can use it for work, and there's very little you can't reach here without a bus pass.

Yes, you can get it at any subway station.

Works for any subway and bus downtown.

You can only get a student discount if you attend one of the secondary schools in Toronto.

Tuck

I'd suggest a monthly pass. You can use it for work, and there's very little you can't reach here without a bus pass.

Yes, you can get it at any subway station.

Works for any subway and bus downtown.

You can only get a student discount if you attend one of the secondary schools in Toronto.

^Cool thanks!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member

lol Brampton.

I don't know what I'd say if I lived in Brampton, but I wouldn't like to tell people I'm from there. Hell, I still don't like telling people I live in Mississauga. I started working full time in Toronto, so hopefully I can move out in 3-4 years... downtown.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm going to borrow somebody's tablet and use it to take pictures at the next meetup just to piss you guys off.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You going? What section!

They haven't officially announced the start time yet.......

I heard game time is probably 8pm. Something like if Miami wins tonight the game is at 8pm if they lose then it's 7pm...so yeah it'll be 8pm.

Also my section as always:

Section 317, row 2! SEASON SEAT'S BITCHES!

Oppo

GOOD FUCKING GOD

IS IT EVER GOING TO BE NICE OUT EVER AGAIN

I am so squirrely with being locked inside for basically 6 months now, I get physically angry with each neverending succession of 1-12º weather and rain. thought the ice was bad but this is still bad. can't fucking do anything! aaaaaaaaa

Kraftwerk

GOOD FUCKING GOD

I am so squirrely with being locked inside for basically 6 months now, I get physically angry with each neverending succession of 1-12º weather and rain. thought the ice was bad but this is still bad. can't fucking do anything! aaaaaaaaa

Nope. Farmers have declared a rainy summer. Shit is gonna stick.

Spl1nter

GOOD FUCKING GOD

I was outside a bunch yesterday it was great.

Oppo

I was outside a bunch yesterday it was great.

it's not great, it should be much nicer at this point...

normal for this time of year is high of 16º, low around 8º

it's basically gonna rain until I leave for South Africa in 2.5 weeks. When I booked that trip I thought, well, we'll be leaving when the weather is finally nice! NOPE.gif

I heard game time is probably 8pm. Something like if Miami wins tonight the game is at 8pm if they lose then it's 7pm...so yeah it'll be 8pm.

Also my section as always:

Section 317, row 2! SEASON SEAT'S BITCHES!

Nice, section 311 in the Greens for me.......it's nice knowing people with season tickets :D

Gametime just switched to 7:30?!?

Roto13

This rain is awesome.

And yesterday was lovely.

I went to a grilled cheese place near my apartment yesterday. $4.50 for the exact grilled cheese sandwich I've been making myself since I was 8. I was thinking they'd probably use nicer bread or cheese, but nope. Regular old cheap grocery store ingredients.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
This rain is awesome.

I went to a grilled cheese place near my apartment yesterday. $4.50 for the exact grilled cheese sandwich I've been making myself since I was 8. I was thinking they'd probably use nicer bread or cheese, but nope. Regular old cheap grocery store ingredients.

Aren't you supposed to be a shut in? :p

This rain can go away.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This rain is awesome.

If you got one near you, try the Classic Grilled Cheese at the Leslieville Cheese Market. I got one near me and it's fantastic.

krae_man

And how many smartasses try to get in with other kinds of tablets? :p

I don't know, I don't work the door. That wouldn't surprise me. Professional photography and video recording are the main things that everyone tries to prevent. As long as you don't bring a camera with a detachable lens or record video nobody will look twice at what you bring usually.

This is what #teamwarm wanted. No snow huh. How you like this shit. Could have been magical snow.
I'd like to note that #TeamWarm are a bunch of pansies and in no way affiliated with #TeamSummer (otherwise known as #TeamHotAsFuck) who hate the rain.

Spring sucks. Anyone who likes Spring is a dick.

explodet

Winter changed into spring, spring changed into summer, summer changed back into winter, and winter gave spring and summer a miss and went straight on into autumn.

#teammakeupyourdamnmindalready

Just felt my first earthquake. Under a 5.0 (radio says 4.7) Was on the bed and felt like someone was giving me a butt massage. Felt kind of nice actually. Would have barely known if it weren't for the clothes on the hanger in the closet rattling a bit. Granted we are on the 17th floor so can feel it a bit more up this high.

Top Bottom