• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro, you should be a food critic.
Hero burger 10/10
He would end all of his reviews with:
That's not far from the truth.
Tried out XOLA (authentic Mexican) last night, down at the far east end of The Beaches' main strip.

Pretty good food but a bit on the pricier side. I had duck confit tacos (Tacos de Pato) and my GF had some chicken tacos (can't remember name). I say it's a bit on the pricier side since you don't get a lot of food considering the average price of a taco dish is $15-$18. What you do get is good, however. We also got a goat cheese guacamole to start, which was super tasty.

The service was fantastic. A Mexican family owns and operates the place, and they were great at recommendations, explaining what each item was, and so forth. Very friendly service.

I don't know of many Mexican places in TO, but this place will be hard to top, even though it was pricey.

Here's a BlogTO "article" on the place. Bonus reading in the comments.
People bitching about the beach vs the beaches...

beaches

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
People bitching about the beach vs the beaches...

beaches
Only reason I always use Beaches is because I hate this conversation.

"Want to go to The Beach?"
"Which beach?"
"The Beaches."
"Why didn't you just say that in the first place?"

diaspora

Kuro's post got me to start sifting through some BlogTO reviews.

bO5IJfu.jpg

yyzjohn

Banned
GG Reimers probably live in a church and make food for the homeless... :(

Toronto sports. They started poorly, had a lead and then blew it. Had a chance to win it in the final seconds too...sigh...

This is why I don't follow basketball. I have enough misery in my sports teams without adding another.

zroid

Banned
I can see why NBA-GAF was shut down, some of the guys in that playoff thread are exceeding the Dead Sea's sodium levels.

ZZMitch

On the bus to Maine now. Saw the final score and watched the highlights. I now have my endured my first let down as a Toronto team fan... feels bad man.

Lowry probably should have passed the ball to DeMar at the end there.

Azuran

Banned
This loss would have hurt a lot less if they would have gotten a final shot off at least. Then again, watching that Vince Carter miss still hurts like hell.

zroid

Banned
I'm not really that salty about the Raptors... feels like they are only going to get better from here.

...of course that's what people said about the Leafs last year, but I digress...

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm not really that salty about the Raptors... feels like they are only going to get better from here.

...of course that's what people said about the Leafs last year, but I digress...

On the bright side now that the Raptors are out Shanahan can commence the plethora of cannings (Carlyle)

ZZMitch

If Lowry doesn't come back I will be really sad. He is so hard working and just an amazing player. Would be a massive loss...

Azih

This group of Raptors is worthy to be proud of. They made such massive strides and overachieved so much. I just really really wanted a second round so badly.

and added time didn't come and call us nerds this time.

I've seen this mentioned here three times now so I figured I would comment: I was fucking joking! I thought it was obvious! (except for EvilMario. I really do think he is a big nerd but I'm biased since I hate white people)

Obviously, I was including myself as a big nerd since I came to the meetup too!

Anyway, It could be worse, you could be a nerd AND a hipster at the same time like me.

and: Toronto photo of the week? month? fortnight?

QdDuD3q.jpg

Willectro

Banned
It won't be very regular like before. I've cut down my internet use greatly which includes GAF.

I have found it hard to return to my GAF ways. Seems like Evil Mario has stayed away for a while too.

No problem at all. I thought we were having some lively times. Good to see you're back.

Thank you. And those were indeed lively times. But provincial and municipal elections should get the blood pumping again.

I'm watching some drag queen reality show at Pegasus bar on Church. Hey Roto, don't you live right here? Come by!

P.S. gay bar tip for men: use the women's bathroom cuz there is no line

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen this mentioned here three times now so I figured I would comment: I was fucking joking! I thought it was obvious! (except for EvilMario. I really do think he is a big nerd but I'm biased since I hate white people)

Obviously, I was including myself as a big nerd since I came to the meetup too!

Anyway, It could be worse, you could be a nerd AND a hipster at the same time like me.

and: Toronto photo of the week? month? fortnight?

QdDuD3q.jpg
Lol
I thought I made it pretty obvious each time I mentioned it!

Too bad you're not around as much. Hope you got those creative juices back.

Top Bottom