• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

I'm alive and hyped as fuck.

yes they blew a gigantic lead but this Raps team as they've shown all season are resilient and will fight til the end.

The one really good thing about this team is they learn from their mistakes. I look at this 4th quarter collapse as something that won't happen again.

Simon says put your hands in the air

jokkir

My poor heart can't take another Raptors game like that. I don't know how fans of better teams can handle playoffs every year...

If they're there every year then it'll just become a traditional thing and won't get much attention, I think. Since the Raptors being in the playoffs doesn't happen so often, we're not used to it and it's more exciting per game -- especially for fans.

I still can't believe that catch up. They might pull a Leafs soon.

Azuran

Banned
Glad you enjoyed it! What poutines did you two end up getting?

I usually get the classic (with peas and button mushrooms!) when I get the chance to grab from Poutini's.

I got the classic one with some extra curds because that's always nice and she got the same one but with bacon. I like to keep it simple when I visit new places.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
This picture pretty much describes last night for Toronto.
10256494_10102547901072902_636668928822234599_n.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Resigning or taking a leave of absence?

He didn't resign he's just going to disappear until the debates are done come back and win the election because he's a "changed man now". Six months in he will have another crack scandal. four years after this he will be elected prime minister.
You people >=[
Knowing the way the right votes in this city, I wouldn't be surprised. This happened after another video/photo leak of crack usage though according to the star. Let's see how this circus develops.

yyzjohn

Banned
You people >=[
Knowing the way the right votes in this city, I wouldn't be surprised. This happened after another video/photo leak of crack usage though according to the star. Let's see how this circus develops.

I can't believe that his supporters are that stupid. Sure he'll have a hard-core bunch that will still vote for him, but the people that were on the fringe who may have voted for him before won't now. He's proven to be a multiple liar and bigot with his anti-gay stuff on audio.

zroid

Banned
Boy I bet whoever runs that twitter got fired real quick

It was actually a guest tweet (signed -LR) so nobody to fire. :p

Although later on they sent out a disclaimer saying that dude's opinions didn't represent those of the organization.

this is also amazing by the way:

G8i1pT1.png

Samyy

It was actually a guest tweet (signed -LR) so nobody to fire. :p

Although later on they sent out a disclaimer saying that dude's opinions didn't represent those of the organization.

this is also amazing by the way:

Wait, they don't curate that?
Weird.

Willectro

Banned
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad to be back. I'm also glad I didn't get perma'd because I believe everyone deserves a second chance. Which reminds me: I'd like to sincerely apologize to Dyno for the ugliness that lead to our bans. I'd also like to apologize to TorontoGAF - not for our often differing political views, opinions or ideals, but for any comments I have made that were offensive. It truly was a good break to put my GAF time into other things, so thanks to the Mods for that. Good to be back though.

The latest news in the Ford saga is quite timely as I had forgotten about my ban being lifted this month. And although I think many are hoping that I will continue to defend for Ford, I will not. He has addictions/issues which he needs help with, but not while holding the position of Mayor. Even if you completely ignore the drugs, alcohol, and audio/video, the recent review of actual "savings" during Ford's term contrasted with what he claims to have saved Toronto definitively proves he is unfit to be Mayor. I honestly didn't think he would still be in office by time my ban was lifted.

As far as Toronto politics are concerned, my focus has shifted away from defending Ford to my ongoing anxiety with regards to the inadequacy of the current candidates, and the TTC. I'm sickened thinking that Chow (or even Ford) could slide into office based on the lack of competent, forward thinking candidates. Hell, even Miller is looking pretty good at this point, even though he is white and male apparently. I'm still on the fence about Tory, Soknacki has potential, and am appalled that Stintz has the audacity to run. Morgan Baskin puts most of the widely publicized candidates to shame. Reading about her is inspiring and makes me wish I had my name on the ballot too.

The TTC continues to be a huge clusterfuck. The optimist in me thinks that Byford and Ross are moving in the right direction and thankfully Stintz stepped down. I still think that it should be mandatory for all TTC management to actually take the TTC on a daily basis, but that won't happen with exception of a select few. See how they feel when they are late for work because a 15 minute trip took a hour and 15 minutes. Transit needs to be a top priority for all candidates even if the solution won't be implemented during their term. I would argue to fix what we have instead of expanding, but that doesn't seem popular.

I love this city and want the best for it. In spite of adversity Toronto continues to be a great place to live. I just think our leadership, not only City Hall, is capable of much more. The election is still months away and a lot can happen. Until then it's Fear and Loathing: on the Campaign Trail '14.

When is the next meetup anyway?

yyzjohn

Banned
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad to be back. I'm also glad I didn't get perma'd because I believe everyone deserves a second chance. Which reminds me: I'd like to sincerely apologize to Dyno for the ugliness that lead to our bans. I'd also like to apologize to TorontoGAF - not for our often differing political views, opinions or ideals, but for any comments I have made that were offensive. It truly was a good break to put my GAF time into other things, so thanks to the Mods for that. Good to be back though.

The latest news in the Ford saga is quite timely as I had forgotten about my ban being lifted this month. And although I think many are hoping that I will continue to defend for Ford, I will not. He has addictions/issues which he needs help with, but not while holding the position of Mayor. Even if you completely ignore the drugs, alcohol, and audio/video, the recent review of actual "savings" during Ford's term contrasted with what he claims to have saved Toronto definitively proves he is unfit to be Mayor. I honestly didn't think he would still be in office by time my ban was lifted.

As far as Toronto politics are concerned, my focus has shifted away from defending Ford to my ongoing anxiety with regards to the inadequacy of the current candidates, and the TTC. I'm sickened thinking that Chow (or even Ford) could slide into office based on the lack of competent, forward thinking candidates. Hell, even Miller is looking pretty good at this point, even though he is white and male apparently. I'm still on the fence about Tory, Soknacki has potential, and am appalled that Stintz has the audacity to run. Morgan Baskin puts most of the widely publicized candidates to shame. Reading about her is inspiring and makes me wish I had my name on the ballot too.

The TTC continues to be a huge clusterfuck. The optimist in me thinks that Byford and Ross are moving in the right direction and thankfully Stintz stepped down. I still think that it should be mandatory for all TTC management to actually take the TTC on a daily basis, but that won't happen with exception of a select few. See how they feel when they are late for work because a 15 minute trip took a hour and 15 minutes. Transit needs to be a top priority for all candidates even if the solution won't be implemented during their term. I would argue to fix what we have instead of expanding, but that doesn't seem popular.

I love this city and want the best for it. In spite of adversity Toronto continues to be a great place to live. I just think our leadership, not only City Hall, is capable of much more. The election is still months away and a lot can happen. Until then it's Fear and Loathing: on the Campaign Trail '14.

I wonder how many former Ford supporters are like you and realize he can't be mayor any longer.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
See now this I can agree with. Chow might be the best of the worst...

Considering we're the biggest city in Canada, I'm really surprised we haven't had a good savvy leader who can put us on the map for the right reasons. I'm no Ford fan, but I sure wasn't a Miller fan either. However, given the choices available...

Next meet up...hmmm...who hasn't made a meet up thread yet? GODDAMN IT, KAVE YOU LAZY KAT! FO MAKE A MEET UP THREAD! BAD KITTY!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Considering we're the biggest city in Canada, I'm really surprised we haven't had a good savvy leader who can put us on the map for the right reasons. I'm no Ford fan, but I sure wasn't a Miller fan either. However, given the choices available...

Next meet up...hmmm...who hasn't made a meet up thread yet? GODDAMN IT, KAVE YOU LAZY KAT! FO MAKE A MEET UP THREAD! BAD KITTY!

Eat a bag of dicks Kuro.

Quick

Banned

Meetup? When?

Rob Ford made the news here last night. I love how they said "el cocaine crack cowboy mayor celebrity de Toronto."

No one should underestimate how far around the world this whole thing has spread and the negative impact it has on our city. I was actually legit embarrassed watching that in front of my in-laws.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Meetup? When?

Hmm I will definitely come to the next meet up!
Just make it a little early :(

I'm also up for another meet-up.

Would it be taboo to ask what went down with Willectro and Dino?
I say let bygones be bygones. I'm sure will took enough of a beating in that thread though you could search for it if you were so inclined.

Now people calling for another meet up...
Quick, yer heart mended?
Samyy, yer gonna be in the country this time?

Too many questions.

What time? What day? Will Kraft still have his beard? Will Kave have his playoff fro? Does Kini still have pants? Will soultron get lost again? Will cries avoid us again? Will Whitehawk decide to go back to victory cafe after fried chicken again? Will female members go and make us slightly less sausagey?

Find out at the next meet up arranged by...I dunno...fuzzy

Stet

Banned

Welcome back!

Top Bottom