• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Sober

I guess I'll go to that Watch Dogs thing. Shouldn't be busy that day since most of the family is heading out on vacation that afternoon.

Decisions, decisions.

Do I stay at home and play Nier or go to an Ubi thing to stand around and listen to Soultron talk about Splinter Cell some more.

Sober

soultron will be wearing shorts, I guarantee it

he was wearing shorts the other day when I bumped into him. Coincidence? nope.

Spl1nter

Gilberto is so bad
He has been quite poor. He has the physical and skill characteristics to be successful but it's just not happening. Bekker is doing very well. Intelligent player which is needed as he doesn't have the physical capabilities of others. That's what makes Bradley and Defoe special combination of both.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm down to go . We can meet for drinks before if you guys want.

Jade is going to be there, right?
I swear, soultron, this trolling got nothing to do with me.

At Cafe Polonez right now. Dear lord the food is good and the waitress is impossibly proportioned. I never thought it was humanly possible to have a body shape like hers but what I see says otherwise.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Perogies?
Mobile review
Cafe Polonez
Roncesvaille

Interior: looked plain

Appetizer: borscht soup and hunter's stew. Borscht was great and stew was good.

Sides: cheddar and potato perogies with polish sausage. Both excellent.

Mains: cabbage rolls and fried chicken liver. Cabbage rolls were out delicious. Chicken liver isn't as good as Pantheon but got better the more I had.

Service: friendly and knowledgeable without being overbearing. Unbelievable body and my wife said as much too.

Cost: I paid about 65 but that should've been around 40 instead. In retrospect, I should have skipped the sausage and Hunter stew side. I'd recommend the platter for two if you're going there on a date instead, which would be about 37 and you can get some drinks extra.

Overall: 9.fuckdecimalscores out of 10. From the few Polish people I've met and spoken to, they say this place is authentic for Polish food. All I can say is that it was a great way to try some delicious Polish food that I haven't had in years and I'll be back again some day.

jokkir

Uhg, TTC worker.

I was trying to take a picture down the length of the newer subways to show how long it is with a camera + tripod combo and a TTC worker starts yelling at me across the subway car to stop. He then starts staring at me and giving me a look to see if I set up the tripod again. The TTC worker was staring at me from the start before entering the subway just trying to setup the tripod before I got in then just yells at me when I got in.

I then checked the TTC by-law webpage when I got outside and there's no indication of taking pictures inside the subway being forbidden unless it's for commercial use (3.17)

7nxatOL.jpg

Hell, there's even a page dedicated for filming in the TTC

I'll probably try taking a picture again and maybe call the TTC before hand because getting hassled like that was annoying. This all happened at Finch Station.

Hieberrr

I swear, soultron, this trolling got nothing to do with me.

At Cafe Polonez right now. Dear lord the food is good and the waitress is impossibly proportioned. I never thought it was humanly possible to have a body shape like hers but what I see says otherwise.

One of my absolute favourite places. The food is awesome and so are the prices.

Stet

Banned
Uhg, TTC worker.

I was trying to take a picture down the length of the newer subways to show how long it is with a camera + tripod combo and a TTC worker starts yelling at me across the subway car to stop. He then starts staring at me and giving me a look to see if I set up the tripod again. The TTC worker was staring at me from the start before entering the subway just trying to setup the tripod before I got in then just yells at me when I got in.

I then checked the TTC by-law webpage when I got outside and there's no indication of taking pictures inside the subway being forbidden unless it's for commercial use (3.17)

Hell, there's even a page dedicated for filming in the TTC

I'll probably try taking a picture again and maybe call the TTC before hand because getting hassled like that was annoying. This all happened at Finch Station.

whatever you do don't try to get help from @ttchelps

Kraftwerk

Me and two friends went for a long walk today. We were on the don bike trail when we decided to go off the main path and walk on the abandoned railway tracks that are nearby. It kept going and going. We passed under the Bloor Viaduct and kept going.

Got to the highway and were about to cross it when one of our friends just couldn't do it. He has a very bad case of acrophobia. Me and my other friend went a few meters in, but decided not to keep going due to our other friend just standing in the back. We are definitely going back there next week, will cross the bridge and keep going.

DciTDf6.jpg

It's weird when I look at the picture now. It's a lot higher when you are actually standing there. It is also really sketchy. A lot of the wood we were stepping on kept flexing, and it was kinda scary seeing all the cars pass under you.

Boogie

. We are definitely going back there next week, will cross the bridge and keep going.

DciTDf6.jpg

It's weird when I look at the picture now. It's a lot higher when you are actually standing there. It is also really sketchy. A lot of the wood we were stepping on kept flexing, and it was kinda scary seeing all the cars pass under you.

Kraftwerk
Rest in Peace
198? - May 28, 2014

Tuck

What a nightmare of a morning. Have to go to site for 9 am, woke up early, got downtown quarter to 8. Spent the last hour looking for a streetcar - route diversion where it was supposed to be, didn't show up where it was supposed to be diverted to, now on a different one that will get me half way there, but likely really fucking late.

Fuck.

Sober

Saying hey as per Quick's suggestion. Hey Generic Asians of Toronto-Age! Also, hey to everyone else. :p

I'm going to the Watch Dogs event tonight, and then Anime North this weekend.

Not Toronto, but is anyone going to the North American Sport & Hobby Expo next weekend in Windsor?
People still go to anime north?

explodet

People still go to Fan Expo too?
I don't think we're allowed to go anymore because we still live in Toronto.

What a nightmare of a morning. Have to go to site for 9 am, woke up early, got downtown quarter to 8. Spent the last hour looking for a streetcar - route diversion where it was supposed to be, didn't show up where it was supposed to be diverted to, now on a different one that will get me half way there, but likely really fucking late.

Fuck.
I'm seeing this all the time now - buses that decide they no longer want to arrive, streetcars backed up end to end until you get a nice convoy going, subway routes closed over the weekend, reroutes that last years because of construction... there's simply no consistency anymore, which frustrates people.
There's a "trains running on time" joke in there somewhere but I'm too tired to make it.

I'm lucky these days because I just walk to work. If I didn't, walking might still be faster.

so if i were to attend an EDM event in Toronto, how many Asians can I expect to see?

I've been to a couple where I was the only one. Although I'd hardly call them "events".

Sober

Yeah I'll probably drop by around 8 or 9 tonight for watch_doggies

all you gaffers staying til the bitter end hoping a PS4 melts or something?

I've been to a couple where I was the only one. Although I'd hardly call them "events".

For real? I'm Asian and planning to move to Toronto in August from Vancouver so I'm used to there being a good mix in the crowds here... might be kinda awkward if I go to an event where I'm the only Asian guy.

explodet

Well when I say event, I just mean I went out to a club where they're playing EDM that night.
Plus there were other nights a friend of mine would invite me out to where she was one of the few non-asians there. So there's a mix.

I'm hardly the person you want to consult on about this. I'm getting older and rarely go out these days, so I'm not the authority.

jokkir

I'm going... sort of. I just want to take a few pictures of the cosplayers but fuck going inside. Overpriced tickets and when you get in, everything is overpriced too. I'd rather much go to Fan Expo since I'm sure that's worth the money instead.

zorbsie

Want to go to the wash doge thing, but have my daughter's recital to go to. How late is everyone staying there? I could get there for 8:30

Techcore

Neo Member

I go to as many trade shows/cons/expos as possible to take photos. Helping a friend with his cosplay photoshoots as well.

So,

People still go to Fan Expo too?

Yes. They do. :x

I'm going... sort of. I just want to take a few pictures of the cosplayers but fuck going inside. Overpriced tickets and when you get in, everything is overpriced too. I'd rather much go to Fan Expo since I'm sure that's worth the money instead.

I find it the opposite! FanEXPO weekend is $150 (but I guess this is the Deluxe pass?) whereas AN was $60 for me. The exhibitors and artists always have the same prices though. Went to Costume-Con 32 and Ottawa ComicCon recently, their entry fees were pretty cheap. Exhibitors and artists charged the same as anywhere.

FanEXPO does appeal to a wider spectrum of hobbyists doe. And is one day longer. But gets too crowded because they don't cap their ticket sales. D:

Want to go to the wash doge thing, but have my daughter's recital to go to. How late is everyone staying there? I could get there for 8:30

I think I'll stay for the whole thing, or until I feel like it's bedtime because... For the life of me, I can barely manage to stay up past 10PM anymore.

Top Bottom