• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Samyy

I took time off, worked full time after graduating high school, I'm still on my first year, second semester. Still got another 3 years of commuting to, excuse my French, buttf*cks nowhere, ahead of me. That 1hr+ bus ride is awful. Thank god for phones, 3G, and GAF.

Yep I wake up at 5:30 for my 8:30 classes, gotta take a 20minute bus to get to my GO bus, haha.

Absolutely brutal.

You take the GO? Oh man I feel for you. And here I am complaining... I used to wake up that early, until I discovered a hidden talent of mine: being able to get up from bed, and leave the house less than 10 mins later, all fresh and ready for the day's grind ahaha!

You take the GO? Oh man I feel for you. And here I am complaining... I used to wake up that early, until I discovered a hidden talent of mine: being able to get up from bed, and leave the house less than 10 mins later, all fresh and ready for the day's grind ahaha!

I wish I could do this but my facial hair grows like 10cm an hour :x

Eleuin

Feels 31 tomorrow? RIP

2010f.png

Well tomorrow I have no lectures, but I do need to get some assignments wrapped up... my house heats up like a furnace too when the heat hits. I am a proud #teamwarm member, but if it's only May and we are getting 31, by the time we get to August I'll be the founding member of #teamovercooked lol.

Kraftwerk

Based on the Farmers Almanac, which has been insanely on point so far; We will get rather high temperatures in the next few days, and then it will normalize to being a stable 20-25 most days in June. We will definitely see hot days such as tomorrow, but it is mainly due to the humidity.

As I said a few months ago, the almanac says it will be a very wet summer, therefore humid. They estimate that chances of rain will be around 60% for a lot of days, and we will be getting some thunder storms.

Honestly, I would rather it be warm dry heat, then a humid. I used to live in the middle east, and the dry heat didn't bother me at all. It actually felt nice. Humidity though; Just standing there even under the shade you sweat balls.

Fucking sauna up in this bitch.

I've been here for 6 years, and quite frankly I think that this has been the worst it's been so far. I never know whether I should bring a jacket with me or not. In the morning it's chilly, but then in the afternoon it's boiling. At night? Cold and windy. First world issues over here.

Kraftwerk

Toronto is like a bipolar girlfriend. She's either cold as hell or hot as hell. There's no in between.

and often both on the same day

I've been here for 6 years, and quite frankly I think that this has been the worst it's been so far. I never know whether I should bring a jacket with me or not. In the morning it's chilly, but then in the afternoon it's boiling. At night? Cold and windy. First world issues over here.

Yup. This is why everyone is getting sick. The constant fluctuations really fucks with you.

I was going to build a new bike this year, but fuck it with this weather. I will sweat on my way to work, but then freeze coming back.

If it wasn't for school, I'd be spending a month away, going to my mother land to relax on the beaches, feel the sea breeze, take in the smell of the trees... All I get here is the readings for my program, the humidity in the air and the smell of sweat on the TTC. Sigh.

Quadratic

Hot weather + office work attire = death.

I don't have a set "work" dress code. Pretty much anything that's reasonable. Today is just jeans and a T-shirt. However, my work decided to crank up the A/C preemptively. I'm freezing my ass off and it's possible going to lead to a cold down the road.

Sober

Goddamn this weather.

A fly got stick inbetween my window today, so basically it forced me to either listen to it buzz around or open the window. Now I need to turn the AC on and not cheat via insulation.

Sober

I would imagine any cool air that blows across Lake Ontario hits all the lakeshore condos and just dissipates instead of blowing over the city.

Tuck

Nice day out today. Got to eat lunch outside of my building. Lots of people here too. Glad there is a lot of sitting areas and some grass.

Some sort of concert going on nearby, dunno who's playing though.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have a set "work" dress code. Pretty much anything that's reasonable. Today is just jeans and a T-shirt. However, my work decided to crank up the A/C preemptively. I'm freezing my ass off and it's possible going to lead to a cold down the road.

I'd take that over this.

Dress pants, dress shirt, all sweat.

I should be writing a presentation, and finishing a lab for school on my day off, yet here I am on my patio, sipping on some homemade ice coffee, dog on my lap, and listening to trance while browsing GAF. Welp. There goes my 3.5 GPA this semester.

Dany

Banned
I have two days left in the city, whats some good grub that ain't that costly? I'm up by YorkU but will be downtown for the most part.
Went to Anime North today to take pictures of cosplayers. Didn't pay lol

Anyway, some pictures I took!

SO thats why I saw Vegeta on the train a few days ago. lol

Dany

Banned
Actually havn't had any burgers besides Hero's. I'm litterally up for anything. Had escargot and went to wvrst for some kangaroo sausage ;_; so goood.

soultron

Banned
I should be writing a presentation, and finishing a lab for school on my day off, yet here I am on my patio, sipping on some homemade ice coffee, dog on my lap, and listening to trance while browsing GAF. Welp. There goes my 3.5 GPA this semester.

Stop all the procrastinatin'.

Seriously, don't fuck your grades up.

It's gonna be hard, during this season... Everyone going out while I'm going to the library. Well I just ended up bringing my laptop outside and managed to get 1 of the 2 things done. All ain't bad.

Top Bottom