• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

zorbsie

Played in the sprinkler yesterday with my 2 kids. Maybe team warm isn't that bad after all. Mind you, today is just gross. Holding out as long as I can to turn on the A/C. Haven't even taken the cover off yet.

soultron

Banned
My friend us looking for a place to move, and is bullshit how many plaves day "girls only “. The two places he especially liked won't rent to guys. Would have thought there would be laws against this.

Which is hilarious because I lived with several women in university and they were all total slobs. That's not representative of the entire gender, mind you, but goddamn. It always looked like a clothing bomb went off in their rooms. They never knew how/cared to do dishes, clean the fridge, clean... anything.

My GF is pretty bad too. I love her, but she's messy and it grinds my gears sometimes. (Yes, we talk about it and she's getting better.)

Kraftwerk

Which is hilarious because I lived with several women in university and they were all total slobs. That's not representative of the entire gender, mind you, but goddamn. It always looked like a clothing bomb went off in their rooms. They never knew how/cared to do dishes, clean the fridge, clean... anything.

My GF is pretty bad too. I love her, but she's messy and it grinds my gears sometimes. (Yes, we talk about it and she's getting better.)

Send her over to my place. Harley, Kuro's waifu and myself will teach her some discipline.

mr.rager

Get the Tonkotsu Black. My friend got it and wished I got that instead of Shoyu

That's the plan.

mh0TtyN.jpg

Best Tonkotsu ramen I ever had. The garlic is godlike.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Was a little disappointed in the broth, not as flavorful as I expected it to be. It was alright though, just not as good as everyone makes it out to be. That said I've been spoiled by the ramen I had in Japan, it was just godlike.

Sansotei ramen is next on my list, I love me some Tonkotsu ramen.
Well, yeah, nothing in this city matches what I had in Japan too. Still, you couldn't get this stuff years ago. And Kenzo doesn't count, dammit soultron...!
The side was peeling off a bit and it was kind of bothering me so I decided to replace it but when I did with the pmall kind, it was even worse :(

Get the Tonkotsu Black. My friend got it and wished I got that instead of Shoyu
It did the job...! D: I got it from amazon I beleive...
Send her over to my place. Harley, Kuro's waifu and myself will teach her some discipline.
Krafty makin a regular harem...!

Anth0ny

So now that the Smash Fest locations for E3 week have been announced, is anyone going? Did anyone check it out last year? If so, what locations were quiet? I can imagine Bay and Dundas will be a fucking mad house.

I went to to Mavis Road Best Buy last year in Mississauga and it was also crazy.

Kraftwerk

Sweet Jesus it's raining finally. I can already feel the fresh air and the cool breeze.

Thank you based winter God. I know you are still watching out for teamwinter.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My friend us looking for a place to move, and is bullshit how many plaves day "girls only “. The two places he especially liked won't rent to guys. Would have thought there would be laws against this.
Pretty sure the Ontario Human Rights Code says it's okay to discriminate on the basis of sex if the entire building is all the same sex. If there's already 1 person of the opposite sex living there then they can't. Fighting them if they were breaking the law would be pointless because it would be a misery living there afterward.

Dyno

- JaBistro for the best blow torched sushi

I went there for dinner last week. Blow-torched sushi is delicious!

For those who haven't tried it's like sushi+. They add a funny ingredient or two and then blow-torch it all melty. So you get a mouthful of sushi but with these other flavours on top. It was really well done and different.

Mupod

So I moved in with a friend in Etobicoke a few weeks ago, previously lived in and around Sudbury all my life but after 5 months of not even seeing an IT job posting there I decided to give up and try my luck down here.

It's been a bit of a shock going from living somewhere that's a 40 minute drive from anything other than a gas station, to a place where I can walk downstairs and find a whole minimall right next door. It's been tempting to order out every other day, after so long living someplace where you can't even get a pizza delivered.

Having trouble getting an interview though...it's only been a short while, and I did have one interview within 3 days from some people who contacted me. Unfortunately they apparently didn't know how to read and wanted a programmer, none of my resumes/profiles mention that and the job description they gave me didn't either. So that was an annoying waste of time for everyone involved.

Still, I'm not panicking yet - I find at least 3-4 jobs posted per day to apply for, even if I'm not getting call backs. In Sudbury there simply weren't postings at all, and I'm not picky - my background is networking but I have some years of experience working help desk tech support and I actually really enjoy doing that.

I did have a contact at HP which I've given up on due to their recent massive layoffs. I've considered looking into an employment agency but there's so many and I have no idea if that's a waste of time or not.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure the Ontario Human Rights Code says it's okay to discriminate on the basis of sex if the entire building is all the same sex. If there's already 1 person of the opposite sex living there then they can't. Fighting them if they were breaking the law would be pointless because it would be a misery living there afterward.
Exactly. Yay! You won the fight and they can't discriminate against you having a dong...! But I bet the passive aggressive things they could do to piss you off wouldn't be worth it.
I went there for dinner last week. Blow-torched sushi is delicious!

For those who haven't tried it's like sushi+. They add a funny ingredient or two and then blow-torch it all melty. So you get a mouthful of sushi but with these other flavours on top. It was really well done and different.
Only bad thing is that it ruins regular sushi for you...
So I moved in with a friend in Etobicoke a few weeks ago, previously lived in and around Sudbury all my life but after 5 months of not even seeing an IT job posting there I decided to give up and try my luck down here.

It's been a bit of a shock going from living somewhere that's a 40 minute drive from anything other than a gas station, to a place where I can walk downstairs and find a whole minimall right next door. It's been tempting to order out every other day, after so long living someplace where you can't even get a pizza delivered.

Having trouble getting an interview though...it's only been a short while, and I did have one interview within 3 days from some people who contacted me. Unfortunately they apparently didn't know how to read and wanted a programmer, none of my resumes/profiles mention that and the job description they gave me didn't either. So that was an annoying waste of time for everyone involved.

Still, I'm not panicking yet - I find at least 3-4 jobs posted per day to apply for, even if I'm not getting call backs. In Sudbury there simply weren't postings at all, and I'm not picky - my background is networking but I have some years of experience working help desk tech support and I actually really enjoy doing that.

I did have a contact at HP which I've given up on due to their recent massive layoffs. I've considered looking into an employment agency but there's so many and I have no idea if that's a waste of time or not.
:(. Good luck. Use an agency as it can't hurt to chances.

Quadratic

Have you been to the Hammer before? It's great fun seeing all the, um, Tim Hortons....

Last time I was there it was for the Mustard festival. Did you know that Hamilton produces a lot of Dry Mustard. Gotta love that "zip".

Why are you going? Half joking, half serious.

Top Bottom