• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Actually havn't had any burgers besides Hero's. I'm litterally up for anything. Had escargot and went to wvrst for some kangaroo sausage ;_; so goood.

Sushi
- Taro's Fish near Bayview Village.
- JaBistro for the best blow torched sushi
- Sushi Moto for good quality and price

Japanese food
- yakitori Zakkushi or Guu Izakaya
- ramen Kinton or Sansotei Ramen
- Curry green tea cafe or le cafe michi

Burger
- Holy Chuck
- P&L Burger
- Burger's Priest (deal with it)

Greek
- Messini
- Pantheon

BBQ
- Stockyards
- Hogtown Smoke

Edit: most of those are mid to low price. JaBistro can be pricey depending on what you get.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but is anyone living in downtown Toronto looking for a roommate?

I'm looking at moving to Toronto after the summer from Vancouver. If it matters, I'm a mid-20s Asian guy and I work as a Business Analyst for one of the Big 5 banks in Vancouver right now.

Stet

Banned
Don't know if this is the right place to ask but is anyone living in downtown Toronto looking for a roommate?

I'm looking at moving to Toronto after the summer from Vancouver. If it matters, I'm a mid-20s Asian guy and I work as a Business Analyst for one of the Big 5 banks in Vancouver right now.

From what I hear, he's also very refreshing.

Dany

Banned
It's gonna be hard, during this season... Everyone going out while I'm going to the library. Well I just ended up bringing my laptop outside and managed to get 1 of the 2 things done. All ain't bad.
I did summer school two summers ago. My commute was an hour, woke at 5:30. Slept. At 10. I had no life

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I did summer school two summers ago. My commute was an hour, woke at 5:30. Slept. At 10. I had no life
I guess I was lucky and took summer school at UofT, which is already close.

I had a pretty damn good time in summer school and it lightened my load for the best year.

I doubt that anything like that is going to happen to me. All of my software dev. profs fit the stereotype of the nerdy introvert that doesn't like being outdoors, which is the complete opposite of me. Why I like coding which is such an indoors thing, is quite honestly beyond me.

Kraftwerk

:
Leafs GAF Leader and Leader of #teamwarm united in taking down Beard Man.

I guess this warm weather is making you shave that beard, eh?

Already shaved it two weeks ago. My face would be soaked today if I still had my beard. Made that mistake last year. I grow it for winter protection.

soultron

Banned
I'm not surprised #teamwinter Eskimos don't know about good burgers as they're a warm weather food.

GBK is pretty great, IMO. A bit on the pricey side, but when you're a big shot/baller/shot caller like myself, you can afford to blow
what little
money you have on gourmet burgs.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Def wearing a polo shirt tomorrow, too hot for full sleeve.

I was gross this afternoon going home.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I know;

Reimer!

ibpXXVXarx6mIa.gif

jokkir

Hey Kuro, do you remember what screen protector you used on the Nexus 4? I shouldn't have replaced it with this pmall kind -__-

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I took a summer semester right before my final year to get a couple courses out of the way. It really wasn't that bad. For the 2 courses I took it was only 7 hours twice a week. Honestly it ranked right up there as some of the best times I had at university class wise.

08:00 - Wake up
08:20 - Out the door, biking to school
09:00 - First lecture start
12:00 - Lunch time
13:00 - Second lecture start
16:00 - Bike home
16:40 - Chill

Did that mondays and wednesdays. Even with the 30C weather every day it was great. Was still cool in the mornings and by 4pm the bike path along the river was in full shade. Was actually a fairly large class size (for my university) considering it was summer and a 4000 level course. Lots of people I knew, profs were pretty laid back. I think 95% of the people were in both classes so the scheduling worked out really well.

I'm taking 4 classes, so I get 1 day off (I work on the weekends). I can't really complain about getting up to go to school, if anything I appreciate it since it gives me something to do every day. It's more the workload and stress that comes with it more than anything. I'm the type of guy that won't relax until all work has been done, and in my program that never happens. There's always something due.

Eh, different people have different tolerances. I can walk around -20 with a shirt with a smile on my face.
During the winter I usually wear a tank top under a, sleeved shirt, a warm hoodie and a goose jacket with a scarf and beanie hat, and I still complain about the cold. let me show you guys a little something, this is what my hands looked like all winter:
926352_255210177989320_1539920824_n.jpg

Yes I wore gloves, yes I moisturized. I am serious when I say that I absolutely despise the winter.

Cudder

Took the GO train home after work yesterday and I swear they actually had the heaters ON. Everyone on the train was sweating bullets, sitting uncomfortably in their seats. Gross.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Took the GO train home after work yesterday and I swear they actually had the heaters ON. Everyone on the train was sweating bullets, sitting uncomfortably in their seats. Gross.

Good ol' GoTransit.

I took the GoBus home and was thankful for the AC.

Kraftwerk

My friend us looking for a place to move, and is bullshit how many plaves day "girls only “. The two places he especially liked won't rent to guys. Would have thought there would be laws against this.

mr.rager

Rager, what didn't you like about Kinton and what would you recommend d over it. It obviously doesn't compare to what I had in Japan, but I'm extremely happy to have something g like that here.

Was a little disappointed in the broth, not as flavorful as I expected it to be. It was alright though, just not as good as everyone makes it out to be. That said I've been spoiled by the ramen I had in Japan, it was just godlike.

Sansotei ramen is next on my list, I love me some Tonkotsu ramen.

jokkir

WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE IT?! D:

Nope. Don't remember, sorry.

The side was peeling off a bit and it was kind of bothering me so I decided to replace it but when I did with the pmall kind, it was even worse :(

Was a little disappointed in the broth, not as flavorful as I expected it to be. It was alright though, just not as good as everyone makes it out to be. That said I've been spoiled by the ramen I had in Japan, it was just godlike.

Sansotei ramen is next on my list, I love me some Tonkotsu ramen.

Get the Tonkotsu Black. My friend got it and wished I got that instead of Shoyu

Top Bottom