• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

I'm kind of tired of seeing all this heat on Ford. Sure I admit that he's made many mistakes, but give the guy a break already Toronto news. Guy is already pretty infamous as is, and he legitimately seems to want to change for the better.

Samyy

he legitimately seems to want to change for the better.

926.gif

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm kind of tired of seeing all this heat on Ford. Sure I admit that he's made many mistakes, but give the guy a break already Toronto news. Guy is already pretty infamous as is, and he legitimately seems to want to change for the better.

Oh yeah? So lending his car to a drunk woman he's probably boning, so she could drive and pick up more booze for them is legitimately wanting to change?

I just feel like negativity won't take things anywhere. The whole world is already laughing at the guy (even my family in Portugal LOL), I can't help but feel sorry for him. He digged his own grave pretty deep, he done fucked up pretty bad. But now he's just a source for views and clicks for the news. Every day I see his stupid little face on the news, and I'm tired of it lol.

Boogie

I just feel like negativity won't take things anywhere. The whole world is already laughing at the guy (even my family in Portugal LOL), I can't help but feel sorry for him. He digged his own grave pretty deep, he done fucked up pretty bad. But now he's just a source for views and clicks for the news. Every day I see his stupid little face on the news, and I'm tired of it lol.

This is going to sound very mean spirited, but at this point I believe it is necessary:

Until and unless he performs the first gracious act of his life and bows out of the mayor's race, or loses the election in October, he needs to keep fucking up, and make the papers for said fuckups, so that he cannot spin some bullshit "redemption" narrative and dupe enough voters to win a second term. Period.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Then he should stop giving ammunition to the press.

Azih

He has, and has had for years now, the option to drop out of public life. The moment he does so the reporting on him will fade away quickly. He... just... doesn't... do it.

I think he just dug far too deep like I said earlier. Here's hoping that someone takes over his place, I can't vote so I won't be able to help on that lol.

jl4855

Regression. I expect our pitching to come down from space. Even then, if we play .500 ball for the rest of the season, we have a good chance at the playoffs/wc.

If the Jays can grab another starter without paying out the ass, we stand a good chance at winning the AL East.

Yep, they basically have us playing .518 ball rest of the way. 56-52 in our remaining games. Starting pitching has been over-achieving but there's reason to believe last season's gopher-ball trend was an anomaly as well.

I would give up stroman or sanchez for a SP, not both.

Willectro

Banned

Beyond everything else (as I've said before I won't support Ford again), I can't stand that a few otherwise boring journalists have made careers out of this fiasco.

Stet

Banned
She's the best of the worst. I would probably vote for her, but I don't want Hudak to win so I'll probably be forced to vote liberal.

Horwath is the worst of the worst just because she's playing political games that the NDP shouldn't be playing. She'll end up forcing a Liberal/Conservative coalition, keeping Hudak in control of the PC party and putting the NDP in a worse position than before.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Horwath is the worst of the worst just because she's playing political games that the NDP shouldn't be playing. She'll end up forcing a Liberal/Conservative coalition, keeping Hudak in control of the PC party and putting the NDP in a worse position than before.

Well who isn't playing dumb political games. Wynne could have helped us with the Ford situation but was too terrified of losing votes. I also don't mind Hudak in control of the PC since he's so unlikeable and his platforms so bad that he'll just continue dragging that party down.

Azih

Horwath is the worst of the worst just because she's playing political games that the NDP shouldn't be playing.
Really Horwarth is worse that Hudak and Wynne because she stopped supporting the Liberals after criminal charges were laid against a Liberal staffer for destroying evidence?

Spl1nter

Agreed. Horwath has the worst political game/strategy of all the candidates. A joke of a campaign platform.

This globe article put it best, a good snippet of it:

Ms. Horwath proposes that if elected premier – which won’t happen, of course – she would appoint a Minister Responsible for Savings and Accountability, whose job would be to find savings of 0.5 per cent annually.

That would be $600-million each year that this minister would find by means yet unknown, and in which departments no one knows. It’s one of many dumb populist pitches that forms the basis of an NDP platform that reflects a party almost completely bereft of a vision for Ontario.

The NDP platform and Ms. Horwath’s speeches are big on cutting the salaries of high-end public-sector executives, shrinking the roster of cabinet ministers and, that old chestnut, “reducing duplication in government agencies.”

This is conservative talk, the notion that government is bloated, run by fat-cat civil servants. If people believe this, no one will vote NDP to solve it. And even if a party did what Ms. Horwath proposes, it would be shaving the top off an iceberg, so paltry would be the savings.

No direction, no vision. At least Wynne and Hudak have a specific target they aim for. Horwath is just throwing shit at a wall, hoping it sticks and that people are stupid enough to think its a fresh coat of paint.

Returners

Yep, they basically have us playing .518 ball rest of the way. 56-52 in our remaining games. Starting pitching has been over-achieving but there's reason to believe last season's gopher-ball trend was an anomaly as well.

I would give up stroman or sanchez for a SP, not both.

I feel the catchers really settled in. Arencebia's terrible, so terrible he plays backup for Rangers now lol.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
As I said call me in July. I don't get emotionally invested in the Jays until then.
Dat shame circle...maybe last year was a anomaly. They did have a good team on paper but didn't even make the playoffs...
I love you all.

p.s even you kave_man

p.s.s viewpoints subject to change as I am drunk right now
I love Harley too.
JP couldn't hit a beach ball with a tennis racket.

Sidenote: Coming back home to TO tomorrow, damn I miss this city.
Where ya been?

Dat shame circle...maybe last year was a anomaly. They did have a good team on paper but didn't even make the playoffs...

I love Harley too.

Where ya been?

Went to Japan, in Tokyo right now, the last night of a three week trip, can't wait to get back.

Had ramen today and I don't know whether it's kind of sad to say this but I prefer kinton, chicken ramen with pork belly made for gaijin.

I did like those rotating sushi places, uni sushi (2 pieces) for 185 yen (about a buck eighty five), had two of those, pretty nice.

Checked my jays everyday and I'm glad they're doing well of late.

Stet

Banned
I guess people forgot common sense too :(

On a packed bus this morning a woman told another woman to please take off her backpack as she shoved through the crowd and the response was *SHOVE HARDER* "HAVE SOME RESPECT MAYBE YOU STUPID WOMAN".

Quadratic

Going to try the free burger week burger at Insomnia later. Are they even good for burgers?

I've been to Insomnia a number of times for brunch/ lunch/ dinner and the food there has always been great. I've never had the burgers though. The item I tend to order frequently is the Chicken/Avacado/Brie sandwich.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Went to Japan, in Tokyo right now, the last night of a three week trip, can't wait to get back.

Had ramen today and I don't know whether it's kind of sad to say this but I prefer kinton, chicken ramen with pork belly made for gaijin.

I did like those rotating sushi places, uni sushi (2 pieces) for 185 yen (about a buck eighty five), had two of those, pretty nice.

Checked my jays everyday and I'm glad they're doing well of late.
I wish I was in Tokyo right now; I haven't been back there in about 8 years or so.

Made for gaijin?! U wot m8?! D:

We have a rotating sushi bar downtown. I've been to it twice and it's alright.

...Your optimism is...sad :(

jokkir

When the fuck was this?!

I find there is still a decent number of people doing it. However, a lot of them also forgot considering not blocking the entire goddamn escalator with your Big Ass bags

The worst is when people stand right in the middle. Get the hell out of my way, dammit.

explodet

When the fuck was this?!
Seven years ago.

I find there is still a decent number of people doing it. However, a lot of them also forgot considering not blocking the entire goddamn escalator with your Big Ass bags
I still try to do it - it's like driving, leave the left as the "passing lane". But I try not to begrudge anybody about it anymore, there's already too much rushing at every stop I'm at (except maybe Museum).

I'm getting to that age where more and more of me just doesn't give a crap.

Top Bottom