• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Wow

I've been on NeoGAF for 10 years

Taste of the Danforth isn't for awhile. That said...go to Messini's or Pantheon.

Do you think I need reservations? Was planning on just going down and browsing around to find a place

Hmmm, rain tomorrow.......

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow

I've been on NeoGAF for 10 years

Do you think I need reservations? Was planning on just going down and browsing around to find a place

Hmmm, rain tomorrow.......
I doubt you'd need it Sunday afternoon. Friday and Saturday nights sure.

If it's raining, even better. I also been told the Mother's Dumplings there is good too, but I haven't been.

Pakkidis

So yesterday me and my buddy went bike riding downtown by the lakeshore. Very different environment than the suburbs, feels like a whole new world. All the people and different cultures coming together was cool. I just may have to come to the next TO meet up.

zroid

Banned
Well the aquarium is pretty rad.

We got there around 9:45 and there was no line whatsoever. Fairly long line by the time we passed through the exit at around 12:45.

The highlight for me was a green sawfish lying directly above the tunnel so I got a great view of its rostrum from below. Very cool.

So anyone manage to get tickets for the sony e3 thing at yonge Dundas cinemas?

I got them for me and my friends the moment they went up. We're doing the whole watch all the press conferences all day thing and then leaving for the Sony Press Conference at Y&D

Anony

i'm totally oblivious at the process, but i need to get my g2
i got my g1 like 3 years ago (for id purposes), and never felt the need for a car and still dont since i commute, but seeing as there's a deadline, i guess i'm going to have to get it
what exactly do i need to do? insurance class + lessons + road test?
any recommends? the cheaper the better

i got my g1 like 3 years ago (for id purposes), and never felt the need for a car and still dont since i commute, but seeing as there's a deadline, i guess i'm going to have to get it

You need to get your G2 and G by the 5 year mark or you lose it....2 road tests

If you don't plan on ever driving, go get an ID card

https://www.ontario.ca/government/ontario-photo-card

Sober

Damn, that reminds me I really gotta finish my G.

I'm sure freeways aren't that much harder. The last two or so years with my G2 I've been driving on highways on and off alone. Do I need someone to really be there freaking out as I practice now?

Damn, that reminds me I really gotta finish my G.

I'm sure freeways aren't that much harder. The last two or so years with my G2 I've been driving on highways on and off alone. Do I need someone to really be there freaking out as I practice now?

You just have to do it by the book, check your mirrors, stay in the right line unless passing, use the on/off-ramps safely....

Pretty sure I was only on the highway for a couple minutes when I got my G

zroid

Banned
I actually failed my G road test on the first attempt because I tried too hard to go by the book, and ended up overthinking it, lol.

Two things went wrong: I stayed in the right lane too long after being told to make a left at the next light and apparently was forced to slow down and "impede traffic" when changing lanes as a result. I also drove too slowly for a stretch because I wasn't 100% sure of the speed limit.

That was lame. :(

Toronto GAF, where are the hot hipster girls hanging out tonight?

My job got me a pretty nice room near the Baseball field... Might as well try to get some use out of it

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hardest thing for me during the G test was keeping my hands at 10/2 or 9/3 whatever the hell it is I don't care I got my license now.

#onehand
#dowhatIwant
#eatshitkuro

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto GAF, where are the hot hipster girls hanging out tonight?

My job got me a pretty nice room near the Baseball field... Might as well try to get some use out of it
Shadowkat, where do you girls hang out?

;D
Hardest thing for me during the G test was keeping my hands at 10/2 or 9/3 whatever the hell it is I don't care I got my license now.

#onehand
#dowhatIwant
#eatshitkuro
I went with Young Drivers. Though apparently Canadian Tire some of them have driving programs too. Sigh...I got my G and haven't been back on the highway since...

#drinkthatratvomityoustupudcat

Shit I gotta get my G. Been mad procrastinating. They make you do all the stuff you do on the G2 test + highway driving + emergency stop right? Is that the gist?

I've also been driving on the highway for a while now but I'm sure I don't do it perfectly by the book like they'll be expecting. Maybe I should do a lesson or two.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Shit I gotta get my G. Been mad procrastinating. They make you do all the stuff you do on the G2 test + highway driving + emergency stop right? Is that the gist?

I've also been driving on the highway for a while now but I'm sure I don't do it perfectly by the book like they'll be expecting. Maybe I should do a lesson or two.
Eh. The biggest thing they're looking for is that you're following the rules of he road and seem comfortable. Stay at the speed limit, check blind spots constantly and make it obvious, and you're fine

+1 for procrastinating on getting my G (I've let it lapse once already).

Although I drive on highways pretty much every day so I'm fine with that part, my only concern is parking. Is it like the G2 test where you park a few different ways, or do you just park when you are finished?

zroid

Banned

Although I drive on highways pretty much every day so I'm fine with that part, my only concern is parking. Is it like the G2 test where you park a few different ways, or do you just park when you are finished?

when I did it they made me parallel park during the residential streets section and reverse park at the end

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'll start off by saying I did mine a decade ago so no clue how and if it's changed:

When I did my test I did everything...emergency stop, parallel park, three point turn, merging onto the highway, getting off and at the end he told me to park however I wanted to.

Mupod

Lessons were the best money I ever spent. I was scared shitless of driving and they really knew how to ease me into it. Asking family members to help was a waste of time since they had their own bad habits, and the instructor really drilled some good practices into me that have saved me from accidents.

Of course I took my tests in Sudbury where there are no freeways so my G test was a joke. Still, I'd waited so long getting my G2 that I somehow only had a 2-week window to get the G so there was some pressure. And I've had no trouble driving in Toronto now that I'm here.

Quick

Banned
I'll start off by saying I did mine a decade ago so no clue how and if it's changed:

When I did my test I did everything...emergency stop, parallel park, three point turn, merging onto the highway, getting off and at the end he told me to park however I wanted to.

This sounds about right. I did almost the exact same thing.

Eh. The biggest thing they're looking for is that you're following the rules of he road and seem comfortable. Stay at the speed limit, check blind spots constantly and make it obvious, and you're fine
yeah maybe I'm overthinking it but almost everyone I know failed it on their first try so I always think there's more to it. But yeah I've been doing highway long enough I figure I should just do my thing.

But has anyone done the test recently? Do they still make you do parallel park and all that jazz? Or just highway?

Samyy

yeah maybe I'm overthinking it but almost everyone I know failed it on their first try so I always think there's more to it. But yeah I've been doing highway long enough I figure I should just do my thing.

But has anyone done the test recently? Do they still make you do parallel park and all that jazz? Or just highway?

I didn't have to do parallel parking, just highway.
Don't worry, I absolutely hate driving and I suck it at, and I passed so you should be fine as long as you stay confident.

krae_man

I hereby upgrade you from old to middle aged!

Laminated Health Card would have certified your oldness.

My health card broke. I was forced to replace it

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Whoo! Only middle aged!

Most of the plastic laminate has peeled of my health card but other than that it's fine! I don't want to have to give it up though. :(

Top Bottom