• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

explodet

So glad I got my license before all this graduated nonsense.
Fuck, I'm old.

I'll be going to the E3 Sony thing at Yonge and Dundas. I'll be disguised as a generic asian though, so nobody will ever find me.

Mupod

I'm getting ready to leave for the E3 thing too. I've been living in the woods of northern ontario for the past 6 years so I'll probably be the bewildered-looking dude.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Whoo! Only middle aged!

Most of the plastic laminate has peeled of my health card but other than that it's fine! I don't want to have to give it up though. :(

Hmm...oh, I can probably guess an age range for you now that I know you have that card...

That card is much better imo...fuck having to 'renew' my health card.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...oh, I can probably guess an age range for you now that I know you have that card...

That card is much better imo...fuck having to 'renew' my health card.

You also now know that I didn't go through the graduated licensing. :p

And there's quite a few of us that still have the red and white cards....

Mupod

I had an old red and white card, but the thing spent so much time in my dad's pocket when I was a kid that it was in bad shape when I started carrying it around. It ended up snapping in half like 7 years ago so I got a new one.

Anony

i'm still on my red health card, the sides are sorta peeling, i wish there was some way on reserving/saving the perimeter

so any recommends on where to get g2 lessons then? i'll just get it over with
how long does it usually take

Kraftwerk

Just applied for some jobs in Nunavut. Can't take it anymore. Need to get out of here and live somewhere else for a while. I'm accepting whichever one I get. They all provide relocation assistance and lodging. Need to experience new things.

This is the first time in my life that I have been stationary in one city/country for more than three years. Feels weird..my body and mind doesn't like it.

p.s Gaf meetup in Iqaluit next year.

Quick

Banned
Just applied for some jobs in Nunavut. Can't take it anymore. Need to get out of here and live somewhere else for a while. I'm accepting whichever one I get. They all provide relocation assistance and lodging. Need to experience new things.

This is the first time in my life that I have been stationary in one city/country for more than three years. Feels weird..my body and mind doesn't like it.

Good luck. Let us know how that works out.

I've been thinking about relocating, but I lack the money and qualifications for any substantial employment.

Kraftwerk

I've been thinking about relocating, but I lack the money and qualifications for any substantial employment.

Thank you.

You don't need much experience or any money to do this.,

My friend did a similar thing. I had known him two years, and he was a bicycle mechanic. Simple and basic stuff.

He had had enough of this city too, and wanted to relocate. He applied for a ton of jobs in Alberta related to oil field and such, and finally got one after two months. He is making great money now working on the field. They assisted him with relocation, he has lodging and food allowance.

He had ZERO experience in the oil industry and field work. But since they need people, and he has the bare minimum experience with fixing things - bicycles in this case - they took him. He was trained for 2 months and then started working full-time.

It is long hours and hard work, and you don't get to come back to see family a lot, but the pay is worthwhile. A lot of people think they are prepared to work in such remote locations, but far too many mentally break down and come back.

Most of those territories are desperate for people to come.

My recommendation would be to sit down and make a list of all your expertise and experiences, no matter what. Tidy it up into a resume and cover letter and start mailing. If it fails, at least you tried.

I have already sent out a ton of resumes, even for position way out of my league. At the end of the day, what difference does it make if they say no?

Finally a #teamwinter member puts his money where his mouth is
Good luck with that o_O

Stock up on groceries, or get ready to pay $20 for a bag of Lays :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

You just can't live with #teamwarm

Well, we definitely gotta have one last season battle before you leave. Alberta is probably a better bet though...it's actually somewhat civilized...

Save some cash for a plane ticket and come down here and teach English or distribute some good ole south american cocaine. I have a contact from Colombia named Sebastien who could hook you up with a job.

Also, check out workaway.info or other similar work for lodging/food websites out there. If you just want to get away for a year or whatever it is a great way to do it.

So yeah... That Sony Yonge & Dundas thing was... A thing.

Anyone going to the Smash Bros 4 thing at Best Buy Wednesday? My friends all actually have jobs and I'm still a pathetic NEET and I have a feeling I'm going alone to it.

Was it bad or good?

Well I've always wanted to see what the actual audience reaction would have been if Sony or MS went full TV, and I saw it.

Overall though it was fun. Like, I'd go back to one next year. The free stuff like $5 PSN credit, Destiny Alpha this week (!) and BF:Hardline Beta (I might give this one away since I have the PC Beta and was playing it today) were good GETS. I got another advertisement shirt I will never wear, a poster I tossed in my closest 5 minutes ago, but the lanyard and wristband are cool.

If you don't want the Hardline beta....-wink wink-

Well I'll gladly just give it up, probably in this thread cause I was at the Toronto viewing. But thing is we don't get BF Hardline until... I think the 16th of June, so next week. But we get the Destiny Alpha this week, and that's just fucking crazy. I wonder if there'll be free stuff on Wednesday for Smash Bros 4.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Disappointing e3 so far.

I was hoping for too much...hope Ninty does something biases show new trailers of already announced games.

I don't have any other games to preorder that I haven't already with the BB deal.

I think sony lost a lot of steam talking numbers and comics halfway through the presentation. I just started doing other things until they brought out the games again. Xbox on the other hand learned from their mistake last year and showed just games. I don't own the One, but I gotta give it to them for that, even though they showed a bunch of third party non exclusives for the most part, unlike Sony that focused primarily on their own ecosystem. Overall both cons were ok. Nothing mind blowing.

jl4855

I was thinking about Alberta, but your wife said she wants to be somewhere remote.

i know some guys straight out of university working out in alberta making a killing. they fly back here every 3 weeks all expenses paid and they have more money than they know what to do with

soultron

Banned
Glad I didn't go to the Sony E3 theatre thing. I would've fallen asleep in the middle section.

Good E3 so far though, much better than the last couple of years, in my opinion. Just need Nintendo to drop some bombs so the world doesn't completely forget about them. I'll buy a Wii U this Friday if Nintendo can make me give a shit again.

soultron

Banned
I gotta say though, multiple Vib Ribbon mentions by Sony was the lowest blow of all time. Multiple swift kicks to the nostalgia gland.

zroid

Banned
Uh is anyone else having Internet and tv issues right now? Rogers, that is...

Everything seems to be broken :| screw Rogers

Fake edit: According to canadianoutages, there have been widespread reports of Rogers outages since around 9:15 in the GTA.

Edit: looks like Rogers is getting swamped with phone calls because I've been on hold for like 20 mins

whitehawk

Banned
Uh is anyone else having Internet and tv issues right now? Rogers, that is...

Everything seems to be broken :| screw Rogers

Fake edit: According to canadianoutages, there have been widespread reports of Rogers outages since around 9:15 in the GTA.

Edit: looks like Rogers is getting swamped with phone calls because I've been on hold for like 20 mins
Yeah my internet was really really slow last night.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man I couldn't disagree more but I guess I'm into all these games.
Im hyped about everything Ubisoft right now, except the Crew along with Bloodborne, Uncharted, The Order, The Witcher.

Man next year is going to be awesome!
Just Dance? :p

I preordered
uncharted 4
destiny
MGSV
FF 15
FF:Theatherhythm
TLOU
NHL15
X

And just got Witcher 3 on GoG

Nothing else on the show, including the Nintendo conference made me want to add anything else.

I preordered
uncharted 4
destiny
MGSV
FF 15
FF:Theatherhythm
TLOU
NHL15
X

That list really reminds me how most video games just don't interest me anymore. Oh well. It probably saves me tons of money to prefer $1 indie games over things like Uncharted.
I liked the Zelda art style though.. so I guess that's ..... something?

mr.rager

Pre-ordered the Destiny bundle on Amazon for $449. A little bit cheaper compared to EB/FS/BB's $499. Wasn't really looking to pick up a PS4 but pre-ordered anyways cause of the cheaper price and I dunno how limited the white ps4 is gonna be. I can always cancel it if I change my mind.

Really REALLY looking forward to MH4U though. That game is gonna ruin my social life :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That list really reminds me how most video games just don't interest me anymore. Oh well. It probably saves me tons of money to prefer $1 indie games over things like Uncharted.
I liked the Zelda art style though.. so I guess that's ..... something?
Distract-em-ups.
Pre-ordered the Destiny bundle on Amazon for $449. A little bit cheaper compared to EB/FS/BB's $499. Wasn't really looking to pick up a PS4 but pre-ordered anyways cause of the cheaper price and I dunno how limited the white ps4 is gonna be. I can always cancel it if I change my mind.

Really REALLY looking forward to MH4U though. That game is gonna ruin my social life :(
I don't think I saw that on the BB preorder page...

Top Bottom