• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Azih

Wouldn't that spoiled ballot at least be counted in some way?
Yeah you get a count of spoiled ballots if you dig deep enough, but like I said, that includes your act of protest as well as the people who just plain didn't vote correctly and the Pro-life people all lumped up in one very hard to find statistic. It's really just the vote counter and maybe the scruiteneers who see it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Bp-2JAVCQAEM_8W.png:large

I am honestly underwhelmed. I thought they would be a little more creative than a rehash.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I know it's a Chinese thing but goddamn I still feel awkward as hell when a grandmother (not even mine rest her soul) gives you money. I'm 33 years old....

Quick

Banned
Actually funny, my Stepfather's birthday is today, on father's day aha. Me and my fam are going to take him out for dinner at a Portuguese restaurant as soon as I get off work. He loves our food from back home. We all do aha.

Blackhead

Redarse
We are staying at Le Germain at Maple Leaf Square, but I am fine with driving an hour or so to get an awesome burger.

If my time in Toronto has taught me one thing, it's that hamburgers are over rated. Go grab a bao from bah mi boys instead mmmm....

I am Going to Toronto tomorrow for the first time. Where is the best place to grab a burger and beer?
Hero Burger of course.

Anything but Hero Burger.

I like The Stockyards but it isn't downtown. Zets is great near Pearson airport but also not downtown.

You from Philly? There is a place on Yonge street called "I went to Philly" but I haven't been there in ages. They make some mean food that may be up your alley.

Var

Just got here and went to Bar Hop. Pretty damn good beer selection and food. Plan on hitting up Burger Priest tomorrow after the hockey hall of fame.

Quadratic

Just got here and went to Bar Hop. Pretty damn good beer selection and food. Plan on hitting up Burger Priest tomorrow after the hockey hall of fame.

Pretty cool. Too bad when you're down on Front St to visit the Hockey hall of fame the area around it is under heavy construction. Our big commuter rail station (Union) is being renovated.

Also, take note of the "PATH" signs. Underneath the Hockey Hall of fame is a labyrinth of connected areas snaking through most of the downtown core with shops and services. You can travel uptown quite far without going above ground. It might not be as impressive as Montreal's Underground city though.

If you're downtown there's a Burger's Priest at Spadina and Queen. If the weather holds up the walk from Yonge to Burger's Priest along Queen St W is nice.

explodet

If you're walking around late afternoon early evening today, bring an umbrella; there's been a severe thunderstorm warning.

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on61
Severe thunderstorm conditions possible - late morning to evening.

Conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, damaging hail and heavy rain. There is also a risk of a tornado.

The threat of severe thunderstorms exists until this evening.

soultron

Banned
The day I decide not to wear a jacket since it's hot out we get severe weather warnings. This is all your fault, #TeamWarm! Curse you!

krae_man

Alright personal stuff taken care of. When does everyone want Sausage? Which upcoming weekends are best for everyone?

TO meetup VII needs to happen before we all melt.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Really dark out my window right now.

In case I don't make it, take care of Harley for me Kuro.
I don't have an M licence though! D:
The day I decide not to wear a jacket since it's hot out we get severe weather warnings. This is all your fault, #TeamWarm! Curse you!
I got to leave early cause it was too warm in the office. #TeamWarm = WIN!
Alright personal stuff taken care of. When does everyone want Sausage? Which upcoming weekends are best for everyone?

TO meetup VII needs to happen before we all melt.
Weekend of or after Canada day.
Meetup? I'm a maybe.
Only COMMIES flake out

Lost electricity. Very reminiscent of last year's storm lol

Edit: just got a tornado warning from Google Now. I wanna panic but SMT4 is not going to finish itself :x

Ha! I'm a few hundred metres away from the danger zone. This means I'm safe.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
My power is out. I'm so bored

Protip: never lend out your portable games. You never know when you need them :(

Top Bottom