• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Just who the hell is on #teamhumidity? I thought we wiped those people out like we did with polio.

criesofthepast is some kind of deranged person who loves it. He tries to curse us with it.

I know Kuro is #teamwarm but I'm unclear on his stance on humidity.

Edit: apparently You Are Viewtiful is also deranged.

So I talked to someone and the manager Martin of Wvrst doesn't work there or hasn't for a while. If you guys wanna head to Loose Moose I can provide some bigger hookups. Yes, Kuro I have all the connects. Shut up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
criesofthepast is some kind of deranged person who loves it. He tries to curse us with it.

I know Kuro is #teamwarm but I'm unclear on his stance on humidity.

Edit: apparently You Are Viewtiful is also deranged.
I'm on team April
Reimer
So I talked to someone and the manager Martin of Wvrst doesn't work there or hasn't for a while. If you guys wanna head to Loose Moose I can provide some bigger hookups. Yes, Kuro I have all the connects. Shut up.
WHERE WAS THIS HOOK UP LAST TIME?!?!?!?
also known as team air conditioning :lol
I live cold stale air. D:

Anyways, I'm waiting at Pearson now to be flown to Mtl where I hear it'll be even warmer. Hmmmmmhm! Dat warm weather bringing out the shorts and skirts! MAH BLOOD SUGAR! HNNNNNGGGGFHHHH!

Oppo

I recently experienced a 48º day in Dubai. Sure it was "dry heat" but oof, I was dying, I felt it.

We're fine here, 37º is nothing

Kraftwerk

I recently experienced a 48º day in Dubai. Sure it was "dry heat" but oof, I was dying, I felt it.

We're fine here, 37º is nothing

I would rather take dry heat over humid any day!

And let me complain :0 Teamwarm whined and moaned all through winter and we had to listen. Teamwinter only whines for 3 months ;D

Oppo

it's true. the humidex is the worst.

if they somehow eliminated windchill and humidex, it would be so much nicer all year.

cTIW3d5.jpg

source

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Monday is supposed to be the hottest day of this summer so far...37 and humid...kill me now
You're making me rethink my decision to go into work that day. We have the option to take Monday off (almost everyone will be) because Canada Day is Tuesday (we get it off no matter what or else they have to pay us double) so I might make it a four-day weekend. Only problem is the loss of one day of pay.

Oppo

Anyone have any advice for resolving a bylaw ticket?

I got nailed for having my dog off leash back in March. He was in fact off leash in Dieppe Park. There's sort of a de facto off leash area there (dogs are running around there every day) but I got unlucky and happened on the day when a bylaw guy came around.. I suspect a parent called and complained, as there are lots of kids in this park, although the playground is way on the other side and it's a big park.

Anyways.. this was still winter mind you so it was very snowy, really no one there in the winter months... I entered the park, looked around and saw it empty, so I let my dog off. I was about 20 steps into the park. Turned around and saw Bylaw Guy pointing a cellphone at me and thought, Oh Shit.

I immediately called out to him and said "Oh hey, should I leash him? Sorry I wasn't aware?" and he replies "No, just hang on a sec.... " and I think.. oook... and he proceeds to ask me about the dog's registration (which I had). I was very polite but I knew what was coming, but at the same time annoyed that I could have simply complied if he had just warned me. Of course my dog is licking his hand and being a goofball during this process, menace that he is.

He urged me to show up for the court date (strongly implying that he would not, and therefore it would get thrown out.. of course he didn't say that).

The fine on the ticket was $500. Yes. Holy shit.

My scheduled date was one I couldn't make (we were out of the country for 3 weeks) so I took my one reschedule to meet for an "Early Resolution Meeting" which is today.

The fine seems insane. It's a higher fine than I would have paid for parking in an handicapped spot. Also the listed fines online seem to be $250, not $500, so I don't know WTF is up.

Basically I'm going to admit to the offence but plead for a lower fine because that seems crazy.

If I get nailed I am calling up Mary Fragedakis and getting an off leash area installed in Dieppe. I will make it my mission. Actually I think I will do this at any rate. There isn't a single off leash area anywhere in Ward 29. Closest one to me is a 25min walk down to Monarch Park (each way).

Just wondering if any of you had any experience with this... thanks. I understand the need for the law of course but it's a bit hard to swallow when your dog is a total sweetheart that plays with 2-3 year olds on a regular basis.

Quick

Banned
I don't have experience at all with bylaw tickets, but pleading for a lower fine seems to be the quickest way to resolve it. Explain yourself, let the person know that $500 seems steep, and hopefully it drops significantly from that.

Should've just taken your dog and ran. :p

Quadratic

I trust Masai picked the right guy (from his history drafting with low picks in Denver) but I have a feeling he really didn't have a plan B after Tyler Ennis went off the board. Phoenix probably has to let one of their point guards go now.

Azih

From what I can tell Masai was afraid the Spurs would take him. Otherwise it makes no sense not to take this Bruno guy with a later pick.

Ontario GAF, I kinda need your help with a predicament... I've been working in Vancouver for the past year and a half. A company I worked for in Ottawa a few years ago emailed me last week, asking me if I'll be interested to work for them again...

I am obviously settled in Vancouver, I told them I'll be more than happy to get some part time freelance work (remotely) .. They emailed me back" That's cool and all but you have to be an Ontario resident for Tax benefits, otherwise we would've hired you."

This kinda bummed me out, I want to work with these guys, I have my parents in Toronto, and I always consider their place my permanent address, home base so to speak. I mean even my Ontario drivers licence, pretty much every kind of government issued ID is attached to that Ontario, Toronto address. Is there a way I can tell these guys negotiate something? Or it is not possible?

soultron

Banned
I'm in Cobourg for the weekend (GF's parents just moved here) and it's like White People The Movie here. I miss Toronto already. Haha.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ontario GAF, I kinda need your help with a predicament... I've been working in Vancouver for the past year and a half. A company I worked for in Ottawa a few years ago emailed me last week, asking me if I'll be interested to work for them again...

I am obviously settled in Vancouver, I told them I'll be more than happy to get some part time freelance work (remotely) .. They emailed me back" That's cool and all but you have to be an Ontario resident for Tax benefits, otherwise we would've hired you."

This kinda bummed me out, I want to work with these guys, I have my parents in Toronto, and I always consider their place my permanent address, home base so to speak. I mean even my Ontario drivers licence, pretty much every kind of government issued ID is attached to that Ontario, Toronto address. Is there a way I can tell these guys negotiate something? Or it is not possible?
It's not your permanent place of resident though, right? Regardless of whether your parents or driver's licence is Ontario, when you file your taxes, it would say BC, correct? If there is a credit for them to hire someone in Ontario, it would make sense for them to do so. You could consult an accountant for confirmation though.

I'm in Cobourg for the weekend (GF's parents just moved here) and it's like White People The Movie here. I miss Toronto already. Haha.
Coincidentally, that's how I felt about Ottawa when I visited there. TONS of white peeps and a distinct lack of colour. A lot of government workers...and a lot of homeless as well.

Quick

Banned

At the end of it all, you don't physically live in Ontario. Isn't there some rule being broken if you claim Ontario residence (despite having an address) without actually living here?

Top Bottom