• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Samyy

I can't believe not one marketing guy/girl realized that leaving suspicious looking cases/bags lying around major metropolitan areas might be a bad idea.

Quick

Banned
Why am I not surprised...

QUICK, PHOTOSHOP ME THE CHEEZBURGER CAT COMING OUT OF A SILVER BRIEFCASE!

The things I do for you people.

iXSU9LSGJeH4W.png

Kraftwerk

I know I troll a lot and complain about summer, but I honestly enjoy it.

I was really looking forward to going on a lot of hikes, walks and doing some running and cycling. It has been such a shitty summer though. rain, rain, rain 70% of the week.

Seriously fuck this. So frustrating.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I know I troll a lot and complain about summer, but I honestly enjoy it.

I was really looking forward to going on a lot of hikes, walks and doing some running and cycling. It has been such a shitty summer though. rain, rain, rain 70% of the week.

Seriously fuck this. So frustrating.
Yes...YESSSSSSS!!! Let the hate flow through you...! >=D

krae_man

Booked a trip to PAX South. I'm ready for you this winter Polar Vortex. Feel free to come back and fuck up #teamwarm because I won't be there!

Of course I'll be in Texas so I could get shot at any moment but bullet wounds > -40.

Booked a trip to PAX South. I'm ready for you this winter Polar Vortex. Feel free to come back and fuck up #teamwarm because I won't be there!

Of course I'll be in Texas so I could get shot at any moment but bullet wounds > -40.
Do buy travelers insurance in case your flight gets cancelled by the blizzard going out.

Acid08

Banned
Hey Toronto GAF, I'm gonna be there for five days in a couple weeks and I'm wondering what your favorite pizza places are? I always have to try some local pizza from wherever I visit :p

Kraftwerk

Hey Toronto GAF, I'm gonna be there for five days in a couple weeks and I'm wondering what your favorite pizza places are? I always have to try some local pizza from wherever I visit :p

Wait for others to reply, as they know more.

As for me; I am simple man, therfore I enjoy simple things in life. Such as seeing Kave_Man and Kuro's head on a platter, and a nice minimalist pizza.

North of Brooklyn and Pizzaiolo are nice and tasty. Give either a try. Locations downtown.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Did that GAF hangout happen last week?
Yes
Jonsson pls.

To Acid, I've heard great things about Pizza Libreto.

Also found this article for you, if it's one thing Toronto has is too much food places to choose from:

http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_pizza_in_toronto/

Also a fuck you to Kraftwerks just because. <3

I agree with the cat. There are tons of decent pizza places on Little Italy too.

edit: if you want a 'taste of Forza', you can try Pizza Pied. It's a bit out of your way, but you can hit Libretto on the Danforth and also Pizza Pied. Come for the pork here in Toronto though.

edit2: Damn...
http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_splurge_sushi_in_toronto/
I've been to most of these except Kanji Sushi, Nami, and Japango. Zen Sushi and JaBistro most definitely deserve the spot up there. Sushi Kaji doesn't provide as much bang for your buck though (still good though, but I'd rather go to JaBistro twice than Sushi Kaji once).

Acid08

Banned
Jonsson pls.

To Acid, I've heard great things about Pizza Libreto.

Also found this article for you, if it's one thing Toronto has is too much food places to choose from:

http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_pizza_in_toronto/

Also a fuck you to Kraftwerks just because. <3
Thanks Kave! I'll check that article out!

I agree with the cat. There are tons of decent pizza places on Little Italy too.

edit: if you want a 'taste of Forza', you can try Pizza Pied. It's a bit out of your way, but you can hit Libretto on the Danforth and also Pizza Pied. Come for the pork here in Toronto though.

edit2: Damn...
http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_splurge_sushi_in_toronto/
I've been to most of these except Kanji Sushi, Nami, and Japango. Zen Sushi and JaBistro most definitely deserve the spot up there. Sushi Kaji doesn't provide as much bang for your buck though (still good though, but I'd rather go to JaBistro twice than Sushi Kaji once).
Kuro there is nothing I want less than to taste Forza.

That sushi tho, will have to look into that.

Toronto is all about burgers anyway, not pizza :p
Well then hotshot, tell me about some burger places.

Also would anyone be up for a meet up while I'm there? It's a family vacation but I think I'll pretty much be free at night to explore. Would be cool to hang out with NHL-Gaf bros.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
When are you here Acid?

I'm sure we can get some peeps together. Hell Kuro is always game since Kraft is apparently romancing his wife. :eek:

cube444

'Danforth Pizza House' is a great little spot on the North side of Danforth just east of Jones. The little old Italian man opened the business in the late 1960s. No delivery. Pick up or eat in only.

EDIT: Looks like 1964. #6 on the list:

Link

Looks like Angelo has since died. :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
'Danforth Pizza House' is a great little spot on the North side of Danforth just east of Jones. The little old Italian man opened the business in the late 1960s. No delivery. Pick up or eat in only.

EDIT: Looks like 1964. #6 on the list:

Link

Looks like Angelo has since died. :(
No more Pizza Pide for you!? D:

Thanks Kave! I'll check that article out!

Kuro there is nothing I want less than to taste Forza.

That sushi tho, will have to look into that.

Well then hotshot, tell me about some burger places.

Also would anyone be up for a meet up while I'm there? It's a family vacation but I think I'll pretty much be free at night to explore. Would be cool to hang out with NHL-Gaf bros.

Sushi, most definitely go for JaBistro as Zen will likely be out of your way. Yuzu no Hana is also close to JaBistro as well.

Burgers are easily Burger's Priest, Holy Chuck, and P&L Burger.

Pizza has already been mentioned.

As for a meet up, we just recently had one (I still need to upload those damn pics...) but we can try to have another around that time I guess depending when we kick Kraftwhore out of Toronto and into his icy prison.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I miss that place man. Had a fallen out with a buddy who frequents Pide so I've avoided it but I've since heard he's moved to Mississauga so I plan on hitting it up again.

You been there yet?

I live 3 streets away. I go there off and on, but trying to avoid it to keep the blood sugar down.

edit: I wouldn't be surprised if I saw you around...was it a falling out with Manics?! D:

cube444

I live 3 streets away. I go there off and on, but trying to avoid it to keep the blood sugar down.

edit: I wouldn't be surprised if I saw you around...was it a falling out with Manics?! D:

No way man. He and I are lovers forever. Kind of hard to sever ties when you have kids together.

*bites lip*

Windam

Scaley member
Man the staff at some of these retro game stores are so socially awkward it hurts talking to them about... anything.

Pls. Stahp. Just cash me out.

Top Bottom