• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Magnus

I need a bunch of tshirts (custom) printed with our design for a bachelor party at short notice (3 business days). Recommendations? (Nothing online please; no risking delayed shipments or other online pitfalls)

I know there's a place near Wellesley Station; anyone have experience with the place?

Kraftwerk

I need a bunch of tshirts (custom) printed with our design for a bachelor party at short notice (3 business days). Recommendations? (Nothing online please; no risking delayed shipments or other online pitfalls)

I know there's a place near Wellesley Station; anyone have experience with the place?

I have made some tshirts at Bang-On. Everything went fine and I got what I wanted.

http://www.acgamesonline.com/home/

Kinda overpriced but selection is relatively vast

BKPQCcg.png

Oh boy.

krae_man

I went to A&C once and things were way, way overpriced. But at least things were organized.

You should see this place:

https://www.facebook.com/kwvintagegames

-Everything in the glass cases has the labels pointed towards them, not the customer so you have to read upside down to browse.

-Everything is in no particular order. There's NES games in 3 different areas. One area has things mostly in alphabetical, another seems to have all the good games(mario, Zelda, Mega Man etc) and the third area seems like "I bought a huge lot and can't be bothered to organize it and mix it with my existing games so I'll just put it over here"

-They have like 15 copies of tons of games. They have no concept of turning inventory over and cashflow.

-Everything is ridiculously overpriced(Combo that with insane stock and you have a terrible combination).

-Nothing seems like it was tested or cleaned.

-One time I asked "Do you have X?" and was told "yes but not here in storage. Call me and tell me when you're coming and I'll bring it". Maybe if you didn't have 26 copies of Bulls vs Blazers you'd have room in your store.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
See? Even retro web design!

Edit: just had another awesome meal at JaBistro. Also passed by Kanga, the relatively new Aussie meat pie place just off Queen near Osgoode subway station. Damn pie is sitting in my lap and I can smell the butter. Mah blood sugar.....hnnnnghhhhh!!!

mr.rager

The store is also hella cramped. And they have one of those anime girl boob cushion mousepads... :/

I bought a couple of those as joke gifts for a couple of friends. It felt so awkward just going into the store, looking at them and then buying them :s

Windam

Scaley member
I bought a couple of those as joke gifts for a couple of friends. It felt so awkward just going into the store, looking at them and then buying them :s

Riiiiiiiight. It's your PC, man. As long as they didn't look 12 but in reality were 1000 year old demons, s'cool. You don't have to lie to us.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Riiiiiiiight. It's your PC, man. As long as they didn't look 12 but in reality were 1000 year old demons, s'cool. You don't have to lie to us.
HEY! They help the old wrist out! D:

Mini review since I'm on mobile.

Kanga
65 Duncan Street, Toronto ON (just west of Queen & University)

http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/eatkanga?dm_redirected=true#2648

I got 'the traditional' for around 8 dollars, which was minced beef in a Vegemite gravy. The shell was excellent; it was nice, warm, and flaky. The crust had just the right amount of crunch in it and it was sturdy enough that the pie didn't get soggy on the way back to my place. I can tell they used a ton of butter though, which you can smell from the aroma wafting from it. Unfortunately, I didn't find the filling all that great. It wasn't bland, mind you, but the meat seemed like it could've a used a touch more seasoning and the gravy, while ok, didn't add a whole lot of flavour to it. The website, which is atrocious on mobile, suggests having ketchup with the pies. I wouldn't recommend it as I feel it would overpower the nice shell and you'd be tasting more of the ketchup than the filling. I also want to note, the portion isn't really big so don't expect to be full from it.

Final verdict: I'd definitely like to go back there to try some of the other offerings like the kiwi, the mom's chicken pie, and the steak pie.

Boogie

Went back to Burger's Priest today, for my previous time there I was not aware of their secret menu.

The Vatican City is burger perfection.

Top Bottom