• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Windam

Scaley member
giphy.gif

you people are scum.

scum i tell you

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Repost from the meetup thread: what's the parking like near Wvrst?
Won't be going to WORST is my guess
Hot damn, how did I not know about this thread?
So...
Best burger place?
You a generic Asian?
You like the warm or the cold?
You gonna come out for the nerd up this Friday? I hear there might possibly potentially be a non male there.
You a Manics/Forza alt?

I'll buy Kuro an AYCE poutine. I'm not trying to kill him. Really, I'm not.
You're such a nice...
All according to keikaku.
JERK! D;<

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
This scares me, because it's just the kind of thing I would be stupid enough to try, despite knowing better

Their poutine offerings sound interesting....they have something called The Hat Trick

$12 / $15 Le Tour du chapeau / The Hat Trick
Steak haché, saucisses fumées, bacon, fromage en grains et sauce maison
Minced beef, hot dogs, bacon, cheese curds and poutine sauce

KBMYAC

Neo Member
Hi,

I'm moving to Toronto this fall and would be living near York U.

Could someone suggest me a good wireless carrier with cheap plans and decent coverage around the university area.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Windam

Scaley member
Hi,

Could someone suggest me a good wireless carrier with cheap plans and decent coverage around the university area.

Check out Wind.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hi,

YORK U?! Poor guy...

I second Wind. They 'should' have coverage up there but if you get spotty coverage, you're kinda stuck with Robelus as I wouldn't recommend Mobilicity at this point.

Maybe a pay as you go Robelus plan if Wind doesn't work out?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
History and Poli Sci.

And yes, I was there for one of the strikes.
See? ;)
I went there for PolI Sci with a History minor

No strikes when I was there though
You avoided us Generic Asians! >=[

Well, we didn't have sausages, and no girls showed up, so we did have a sausage fest. Kave_Man was too scared to face Kraftwerk and I beat krae_man at arm wrestling.

I was also barred from paying for some reason....

All in all a good night. We definitely gotta have another one before Kraftwerk runs away to Alaska.

Sweet Ivy

Guys... :)
So... about to move to Toronto and I was checking which areas are serviced by Bell Aliant fiber OP service and to my dismay they don't offer this kind of connection in the city at all o_O'.

What would be the alternative?
I've got Fiber OP 50/30 for several months now and it is awesome. Rock solid connection and great pings to game online.
Sigh, so sorry to leave it!

krae_man

Guys... :)
So... about to move to Toronto and I was checking which areas are serviced by Bell Aliant fiber OP service and to my dismay they don't offer this kind of connection in the city at all o_O'.

What would be the alternative?
I've got Fiber OP 50/30 for several months now and it is awesome. Rock solid connection and great pings to game online.
Sigh, so sorry to leave it!

Rogers can do way better then that like up to 350mbps but prepare to pay through the nose.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

krae_man

Downs are better but ups are ass unless you want the $230 plan. That's what rogers do. Teksavvy gives you some options as well. They have 50/10 for $55. Don't know where you can get faster up if you need that.

Quadratic

Got home at 2:00am last night. Back out again today.

Has anyone been to Barrio Coreano on Bloor St? I have a feeling my friends are going to take me there. Looking at the menu it looks quite expensive for tacos.

Blackhead

Redarse
Downs are better but ups are ass unless you want the $230 plan. That's what rogers do. Teksavvy gives you some options as well. They have 50/10 for $55. Don't know where you can get faster up if you need that.
Teksavvy has 150 down/15 up for $80 but that's cable not dsl

Sweet Ivy

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Welcome to Toronto!

We will not have as good a plan as that here for a long ass time.
Is that because the city is not wired with cable?
You'd think that with all the condo development they'd build them with fiber already, is there any plan of this kind in place?
It should also help with home and business wi-fi/mobile connections.

Jeez, had my first fiber home in 2002 (so fast and cheap too), it's been always a downgrade since then, up to Bell Aliant Fiber OP.
Why isn't the world all on fiber yet ;)?

Ups are a must for good online playing, I rather have them more on par.
230$ is way out of my intentions. And seriously, with cap???

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You'd think that with all the condo development they'd build them with fiber already, is there any plan of this kind in place?

Jeez, had my first fiber home in 2002 (so fast and cheap too), it's been always a downgrade since then, up to Bell Aliant Fiber OP.

A lot of other countries are so much better than us it's embarrassing. Sigh...the days I could download a full DVD in Korea in just a few minutes...
Hey man I go to York U! :(

Really should have accepted McMaster or Waterloo, but what's there to do in Hamilton or Waterloo? Look at farms? Pfft.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:(

Don't get me wrong, I don't think UofT (my school) was much better.

krae_man

I game fine with my 1 up. You only need a large up for if you stream and 10-15 is plenty for that.

Top Bottom