• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Don't you besmirch the temple of the Phil. >={

Also, cot DAMN she's gorgeous. Miss Teen Canada Winner and Miss Teen Canada Universe runner up or something or other.

Never knew girls like that were in engineering.

I still prefer April/shadowkat <3

i3latQk7kBmLW.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips for Taste of the Danforth?
Bring your own tissues and wet napkins.
Sunscreen
Water
Hat/shades
Umbrella

Get the
Pulled pork
Lamb pies
Whatever they have at that Brazilian BBQ place near Broadview
Corn

I haven't really liked anything else the precious times I went there.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't know what to expect but I've never been so why not
Just bring what I told ya and you can buy the suggestions. Otherwise, if it's your first, you'll have more fun than I would now.

Kinda wish they would change it up...it's the same more or less with more people coming in.

explodet

I've had to stop going to lots of events because the crowds have become too much.

I still laugh at that ill-fated Grilled Cheese Fest back in February.
Are we so starved for entertainment in this town?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've had to stop going to lots of events because the crowds have become too much.

I still laugh at that ill-fated Grilled Cheese Fest back in February.
Are we so starved for entertainment in this town?

The Grilled Cheese Fiasco with our very own Soultron (I believe it was you, right, bud?)

Taste of the Danforth isn't like that. They wont run out of food :p

Had some pork souvlaki at a place that had no line, it was awesome

Had a chicken gyro at Messini's........10 minute line to buy food tickets then had to wait in an unorganized line for what felt like 20-30 minutes to get actual food........it was worth it......5 dollars and I could barely finish it

Lemonade and ice cream as well

Saw 3 Mayoral candidates, meh

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Had some pork souvlaki at a place that had no line, it was awesome

Had a chicken gyro at Messini's........10 minute line to buy food tickets then had to wait in an unorganized line for what felt like 20-30 minutes to get actual food........it was worth it......5 dollars and I could barely finish it

Lemonade and ice cream as well

Saw 3 Mayoral candidates, meh
Get the lamb pita or just the lamb meat next time with some red onions. HNGGGHGHGH!

statuez

Banned
Hey guys,

Long time lurker! I have a cousin who has a six month Alpaha Blue Blood Bulldog that he needs to give away for free. Due to his stupidity and lack of common sense he thought it would be a good idea to purchase it even though he lives in a small condo. Simply put, he does not have the time to care for it nor does he want to take responsibility for the puppy. I've had to drop by his place the last 1.5 months or so to make sure the dog is getting its proper exercise, etc.

The dog is absolutely adorable and very loving, and rather then give it to the humane society (which is what he wanted to do), I wanted the dog to have a chance at going to a good family and I believe a Toronto NeoGafer can provide this.

Please send me a PM for more details/if your interested.

Here are some pics if anyone wants to take a look.

Thanks.

jbadjBHpZ6O1zK_e.jpg

jbj90WDTwGDVuq_e.jpg

jsFQ09ZV1IZhd_e.jpg

jbfEUBSDsuRe4H_e.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me, or are 99% of the emergency alarms on the subway pulled for no reason?
On the train itself? I'd rather they do it in case and have it be a false alarm than not have it pulled. I think I've only been in a train once when it happened and I believe it was just cause a woman was sick.

Messini's too good.

Then again, I haven't gone back there in 3 years or so .
I've been recently. It's still fucking awesome.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Random dude helped out with a wasp that was on my neck and back.

Thank you, kind stranger.

Jesus, wasps are fucking assholes. I grabbed at the one on my neck and felt it on my fingers. Lucky it didn't bite me right then and there.

Edit: mini review
Bushi udon
1404 Yonge St

Thumbs up.
I got the Bushi Zanmai Udon where you have different kinds of dipping sauce along with a nice helping of udon and tempura. We also got the sashimi boat as well. All was very good and I would definitely come back. The udon was chewy without being rubbery and soaked up the flavour from the dipping sauces as well. We also had other apps as well, but I wouldn't recommend any of them. Secret menu: if you are into natto, they also have it there if you ask the waitress for it. If you're here and you don't feel like udon, then you can also go to the highly recommended Holy Chuck for burgers as well.

Quadratic

Last night's trip to the Brazilian BBQ at Copacabana Adelaide St. was a fun experience. I suppose the negative yelp reviews changed things for the better because the service my party had was top notch. Not rushed on a busy Friday night. Ample food coming to the table. The server was attentive and super friendly. Entertainment and music was not too loud or obnoxious.

The highlight for me was the Pichana top sirloin and the roasted pineapple.

Finished the night at Barchef on Queen st W. Shared a punch bowl with lots of bourbon in it.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I hate when people say there's nothing to do in this city. There are always events happening throughout the year, things to do and places to go.

Magnus

Went to Don Don Izakaya around Bay and Dundas last night for the second time this summer; had a blast both times. Highly recommended for our OP list of eateries.

I hate when people say there's nothing to do in this city. There are always events happening throughout the year, things to do and places to go.

Ugh, right? There's entirely too much to do in this city.

In their defence, maybe those people just don't like music, sports, art, food, bars, movies, parks or festivals.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
For some reason I read that as centimeters.

Still a lot of rain but not as much as I originally thought, I don't need to build that ark now.

Milkshakes at Marble Slab are good and you can put in quite a few mix-ins.......it can get scary

So much for the mega rain tomorrow, weather network has downgraded it pretty significantly

Top Bottom