• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

mr.rager

Its tough to get downtown from there, it'll take around 45 minutes to an hour?

By subway I presume? I live close to the Long Branch GO station so it's usually around 20-30 minutes if I decide to drive to the station, leave my car there then take the train downtown.

GO train prices are ridic though. Round trip from Long Branch to Union is like 10.50. I miss cheap Asian train fares.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I work part-time at a small accounting firm in Mississauga - do data entry all Friday [basic journal entries].
Its tough to get downtown from there, it'll take around 45 minutes to an hour?

I'll come someday and beat up Kave_man >=(
That's fine. We have people coming from Ottawa.

We (not for me last time) usually stay out pretty late. So you will most definitely get in on one of the shenanigans.

I still have no idea...I was thinking next Friday, but WHAT DO YOU BOZOS THINK?!

Help me help you so that we can get some consensus.

Next Friday? Saturday? What time? Suggestions? If we can get a head count, we can get reservations. Not at goddamn WORST, but depending on the number, maybe we can get a ramen place.

I've been to C'est What?! downtown and it was quite roomy and food was ok.

Though ladies are wholeheartedly welcome, a cadre of generic Asian guys with whatever EvilMario and Kraftwerk is, and the Kat mafia, I guess scare girls off. :(

Last time, we had a box of mystery! Who knows what this meet up might bring if we have one.

Sober

We (not for me last time) usually stay out pretty late. So you will most definitely get in on one of the shenanigans.

I still have no idea...I was thinking next Friday, but WHAT DO YOU BOZOS THINK?!

Next Friday? Saturday? What time? Suggestions? If we can get a head count, we can get reservations. Not at goddamn WORST, but depending on the number, maybe we can get a ramen place.

Though ladies are wholeheartedly welcome, a cadre of generic Asian guys with whatever EvilMario and Kraftwerk is, and the Kat mafia, I guess scare girls off. :(

Last time, we had a box of mystery! Who knows what this meet up might bring if we have one.
Hmm, isn't Fanexpo right at the end of the month? Wonder if isny is making the trip again this year.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me, a GAFer from Boston and some friends are supposed to be here later this month, so I guess I'd better PM him and check.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, isn't Fanexpo right at the end of the month? Wonder if isny is making the trip again this year.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me, a GAFer from Boston and some friends are supposed to be here later this month, so I guess I'd better PM him and check.

<_<

Samyy

Im downtown next Saturday most likely so I could sneak off later to catch up with you guys?

Quadratic

The last 3 or so years there has always been a GAF meetup during FanExpo.

Insy usually organizes. Haven't seen a post or thread about it yet so it might not be happening unless someone else take initiative.

T0axMtc.png

#teamcomfortable checking in.

Willectro

Banned
Has anyone taken any continuing education courses at George Brown? I'm sure it varies greatly course to course, but how was the overall experience?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Has anyone taken any continuing education courses at George Brown? I'm sure it varies greatly course to course, but how was the overall experience?
I've had some friends take some financial courses there and they've all spoken fairly positively about it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I took technical writing there.

I wasn't impressed, but your experience may be different. I liked Centennial and Humber a lot more.

Sober

25C maximum, sun out, minimal clouds, cool breeze, sunset at 9:30pm. That is the perfect weather. That's the team I want to be on.

Divvy

Yep. It sucks to admit, but I think I'll be renting as long as I'm living in Toronto. Unless I win the lottery or some shit.

I know. I'll probably just keep renting until something amazing pops up.

In the mean time, can't buy a house because the supply for homes is so low you're inevitably end up in bidding war and your home will cost 1 mil+.

Can't buy a condo because they built too fucking many, and prices are going to drop in the near future, so buying one now is an awful investment.

Not to mention how terrible new homes are. The floorplans keep getting smaller and smaller and building construction gets cheaper and cheaper in quality. Also any condo with those single-wall galley kitchens should just be burned down.

soultron

Banned
They're posting these around York U now.

10592990_714322488635422_7613069235455561662_n.jpg

tbqh I noticed the gender difference before the race difference lol I wonder how this group got so big so fast.

I'd love if someone handed one of these to me.

A) I want to verify these people exist
B) I want to have a nice conversation with them about how they lack self-awareness regarding racism

Divvy

I want to go to the CNE just for the chocolate fried chicken. Not sure if worth though.

Speaking of friend chicken, goddamn that Stockyards chicken. I may die there one day.

Kraftwerk

Well, it was nice knowing you Toronto gaf.

My friend just gave me a gidt:a skateboard.

I will proceed to demolish my mortal she'll over the course of the next few weeks.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
CNE is 5 bucks after 5PM, if they're still doing that.
You guys should check the site...

It's 18 dollars regular
8 dollars today only (opening day)
6 dollars after 5pm mon - thurs

The new weird food there
Cocoa infused fried chicken
Thanksgiving waffles
Butter coffee
Elvis grilled cheese sandvich
S'more bao

Top Bottom