• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

yyzjohn

Banned
You mean a forecast made 3 days ago has changed? I am shocked sir.

People need to ignore forecasts more than a day ahead.

The entire weather predicting industry bugs the shit out of me. We try to plan BBQs for the weekends and you'll get a different prediction what will happen day to day. One day they tell you "THIS WEEKEND WILL BE GLORIOUS" and the next "GET YOUR UMBRELLAS READY FOR THE WEEKEND". I only trust them for tomorrow's forecast, and even then only within 12 hours LOL

I saw some strange thing floating in the sky yesterday around the High Park area. It looked like an inverted saucer floating on the wind.

It disappeared after a while.

Samyy

The entire weather predicting industry bugs the shit out of me. We try to plan BBQs for the weekends and you'll get a different prediction what will happen day to day. One day they tell you "THIS WEEKEND WILL BE GLORIOUS" and the next "GET YOUR UMBRELLAS READY FOR THE WEEKEND". I only trust them for tomorrow's forecast, and even then only within 12 hours LOL

It's not like they can do anything about it, all the can do is tell you what's most likely to happen.

yyzjohn

Banned
It's not like they can do anything about it, all the can do is tell you what's most likely to happen.

Yeah but they suck at it. I don't think they should provide any forecast over 2 days, cause they really have no clue what's going to happen.

Example: I checked the weather network LAST NIGHT. I usually check the hourly forecast to see when it might rain. They had rain for my area from like 1am->7pm..so basically rain all day long. Now you figure something like that, not even 12 hours away they MUST KNOW about a huge storm or some shit headed our way. I'm looking outside the window now and the sun is out, ahd has been since like 9am...basically I haven't seen a drop of rain all morning. How can they be that off?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well, if any of you generic Asians or April Reimer run into me walking around CNE, come chat and day hello. Not sure what day I'm going...maybe Monday since I have that day off? I guess it depends on the wife.

Ugh. Had to stay home from work today. When I woke up, my head was spinning and when I got up, I couldn't keep my balance and felt like I was going to collapse or throw up. Even laying down and looking at the ceiling, it felt like the world was spinning.

Closest thing I can compare this to is being drunk while on a ferry to Macau.

Feel better now though...wonder what the hell that was...? And for the record, I didn't drink last night.

Kraftwerk

I think I saw my archenemy.

Humid as shit yesterday and sunny.

This fucking guy was walking around downtown wearing all black, and a thick black jacket and not giving a fuck.

I was in a white shirt with a cold drink in hand and melting.

Wtf

Sober

Well, if any of you generic Asians or April Reimer run into me walking around CNE, come chat and day hello. Not sure what day I'm going...maybe Monday since I have that day off? I guess it depends on the wife.

Ugh. Had to stay home from work today. When I woke up, my head was spinning and when I got up, I couldn't keep my balance and felt like I was going to collapse or throw up. Even laying down and looking at the ceiling, it felt like the world was spinning.

Closest thing I can compare this to is being drunk while on a ferry to Macau.

Feel better now though...wonder what the hell that was...? And for the record, I didn't drink last night.
Oh god I remember the Macau ferries (from HK side anyway). Jesus fuck that shit is rough, I don't care what anyone says. Wouldn't know what to do if I was also drunk on one of those.

soultron

Banned
I think I saw my archenemy.

Humid as shit yesterday and sunny.

This fucking guy was walking around downtown wearing all black, and a thick black jacket and not giving a fuck.

I was in a white shirt with a cold drink in hand and melting.

Wtf

195557ce32b13af2f5d5dacdcdac54b3.jpg

#gothninja

Yeah but they suck at it. I don't think they should provide any forecast over 2 days, cause they really have no clue what's going to happen.

Example: I checked the weather network LAST NIGHT. I usually check the hourly forecast to see when it might rain. They had rain for my area from like 1am->7pm..so basically rain all day long. Now you figure something like that, not even 12 hours away they MUST KNOW about a huge storm or some shit headed our way. I'm looking outside the window now and the sun is out, ahd has been since like 9am...basically I haven't seen a drop of rain all morning. How can they be that off?

It looks like it just missed Toronto lol

mr.rager

Oh god I remember the Macau ferries (from HK side anyway). Jesus fuck that shit is rough, I don't care what anyone says. Wouldn't know what to do if I was also drunk on one of those.

A friend of mine is getting married next year and her fiance is going to have his bachelor party in Macau. I am both anxious and excited to go on this ferry ride drunk lol.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Get off my back!

I wanna see you finish one loaded with toppings.
Come complete Leafs GAF. Kave_Man missed the last two meet ups I believe so he should be one to talk.

And I'm certain soultron can polish off any simple poutine. Dude is a monster. Finishes chicken wings...asks for more...goes to Victory Cafe...

N° 2048

Any fellow Torontonians know of a cheapy but good restaurant?

Want to take my SO out for a random dinner ...might just default to Xe Lua on Spadina if I can't find something else.

Anyone know where I can contact the head office for those street beggars who work for legitimate charities like "I am a girl". Had an incident with one.

down by st lawrence market by chance? they are super aggressive down there.
Yonge and Lawrence today. I was trapped at a light and he asked if he could talk to me. I told him no but he continued to bother me and ask me if I donated. Had to tell him three four times I wasn't interested.

They are a disservice to the charities they represent.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yonge and Lawrence today. I was trapped at a light and he asked if he could talk to me. I told him no but he continued to bother me and ask me if I donated. Had to tell him three four times I wasn't interested.

They are a disservice to the charities they represent.

I don't even know why they get so aggressive. It's not like they're working on commission, I think they all get paid a salary.

Magnus

I don't even know why they get so aggressive. It's not like they're working on commission, I think they all get paid a salary.

Wait. WAIT. They're paid?

I totally thought they were volunteering. It's why I've always been courteous despite their intrusions and occasionally offensive or annoying attitudes. I figured, they're volunteering their time for a cause they believe in.

They're paid? Fuck that.

N° 2048

I totally thought they were volunteering. It's why I've always been courteous despite their intrusions and occasionally offensive or annoying attitudes. I figured, they're volunteering their time for a cause they believe in.

They're paid? Fuck that.

They get paid up to 14/hour ... -.-

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

They're paid? Fuck that.

Yes. At least that was the case eight years ago when I worked at one for a summer job. I believe it was a legal requirement that these kind of solicitors had to be paid.

They're paid? Fuck that.

They're kids paying their way through school, I imagine.

The only time I see people talking to them is when an elderly person stops or some guy stops to chat with the cute girl. They must be making money off of this somehow.

I'm sure they go out of their way to hire jack asses who enjoy getting into people's personal space. For this guy, after I said not interested, it was obvious it wasn't about the charity and that he was getting a little joy out of being an annoying prick.

I was in New York recently and didn't encounter it at all. Is this just a Toronto thing? It feels like a Toronto thing.

Azih

They're all over the place near the Financial District. Really some of them just never let go when they latch on. One horror show from Amnesty International was honestly a complete and total dick.

2nd platform at Union opens Monday!

I might go there just to take a look.

They're all over the place near the Financial District. Really some of them just never let go when they latch on. One horror show from Amnesty International was honestly a complete and total dick.

Did some reading and someone on reddit mentioned they work for them. Someone who claimed to work for the company who hires these people stated that they are on a quota system. If they don't bring in the donations they are going to get canned. That's not surprising at all. The persona also said that the ones who are overly-aggressive don't last long since they aren't very good.

Not sure if this is the place for it, but does anyone know of or is willing to rent out their parking space around 750 Lawrence West and Allen/Dufferin? I just recently started working their and my search for reasonable parking isn't getting me far.

Samyy

Which means you still have plenty of time to hang with us. I left after 11pm and a bunch stayed much later.

Stop being a slut Samyy and come fight me in real life!

Where though? We're always downtown

I work part-time at a small accounting firm in Mississauga - do data entry all Friday [basic journal entries].
Its tough to get downtown from there, it'll take around 45 minutes to an hour?

I'll come someday and beat up Kave_man >=(

Top Bottom