• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

#teamcold wins

9Zcfzj8.gif

jokkir

You guys should check the site...

It's 18 dollars regular
8 dollars today only (opening day)
6 dollars after 5pm mon - thurs

The new weird food there
Cocoa infused fried chicken
Thanksgiving waffles
Butter coffee
Elvis grilled cheese sandvich
S'more bao

Yeah, they raised the price after 5pm thing D;

How's day 1 things anyway? Might go later.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Let's go for some next weekend if you're still hankerin'. Sunday daytime?

Everyone, let's do it.
We already discussed this. Might not have enough room for us all...! Additionally, none of you Generic Asians and honorary Generic Asians like soultron can commit. If I can get a freakin head count, I'll try to arrange/reserve.

krae_man

Isny is working on a cruise ship or something right now. Don't think he will be at FanExpo. Quadratic, its up to you to pick up the ball and choose a closed restaurant for the meet up this year.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Mini review
Milagro
Authentic Mexican
783 Queen St W

I really haven't been to any 'authentic' Mexican places, so this was a nice place to try.

We got nachos and red potatoes to start and both were really good. The salsa was a bit on the mild side, but they did have hot sauce nearby to give it more of a kick.

My wife and friends had the margaritas, but I had to avoid since I'm a bit under the weather. All I can say is that they looked excellent and I really wish I could've had it.

I got the lamb barbarcoa which was braised lamb, beans, onions, and some sauce I didn't recognize in the side. I could've or them on the tortillas that came with it, but I just had it straight. The meat was pretty good, but I wish it was a bit juicier.

Overall, I liked what I had and I would like to come back and try the drinks along with the seared tuna.

Thumbs up!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know when winter jackets will start to become available? I figured they'd already be available at this point but it's early I guess.

I need to buy a new one this year, after last year's experience using my old jacket, I can't do that anymore. Looking into a Canada Goose, Moose Knuckle or Nobis. I want something super warm.

Any suggestions?

PS - Why am I already prepping for winter in August :(

Quick

Banned
I'm also ooking for new a winter jacket. Might as well look good freezing my ass off.

I'm expecting them to show up in September.

Samyy

I'm also ooking for new a winter jacket. Might as well look good freezing my ass off.

I'm expecting them to show up in September.

Same, checked out a few stores yesterday but the didn't even have fall jackets yet so might be a while for winter jackets.

mr.rager

Anyone know when winter jackets will start to become available? I figured they'd already be available at this point but it's early I guess.

I need to buy a new one this year, after last year's experience using my old jacket, I can't do that anymore. Looking into a Canada Goose, Moose Knuckle or Nobis. I want something super warm.

Any suggestions?

Goose and Nobis are the warmest. Get a Nobis if you don't want to look like everyone else. There's Parajumpers too, not as warm as a CG/Nobis but still pretty warm. There's also Mackage. My gf has a Mackage jacket and she loves it, she finds it warmer than CG. I have 2 CGs and Parajumpers and wear my PJs 90% of the time. I really like the way they look compared to CG.

:edit:

There's Moncler too but i'm not a fan of the plastic bag look.

alienxx45

Any suggestions?

There are some stores that sells them year round. Like the big Sporting Life locations and some specialty shops like Due West on Queen St. But generally speaking you should start seeing them all pop up for sale in another month or so.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Great! Threats and challenges made!

Predictions.
Lots of Generic Asian Guys!
Some will claim to come but back out at the last minute!
There will be no girls there aside from the waitress!
Tip will be too high!
Sober will be anything but by the end of the night!
It will be a WARM night!
AlphaTw00 will somehow make a surprise appearance!

Top Bottom