• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

jokkir

Great! Threats and challenges made!

Predictions.
Lots of Generic Asian Guys!
Some will claim to come but back out at the last minute!
There will be no girls there aside from the waitress!
Tip will be too high!
Sober will be anything but by the end of the night!
It will be a WARM night!
AlphaTw00 will somehow make a surprise appearance!

Sounds like me :^)

I'm going to burger priest for the first time

What should I get

First time there I got a smokey cow or something along those lines. Mostly all I could taste was the bacon and cheese, it was very greasy but majority of it was soaked up by the bun. Overall not too bad. Getting a burger and a whole order of fries was too much food though.

Quadratic

Lostconfused made the comment about cheese being overpowering.

If you haven't been to Burgers Priest the secret menu is fun. Personally I moved past the novelty and just get a cheeseburger.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lostconfused made the comment about cheese being overpowering.

If you haven't been to Burgers Priest the secret menu is fun. Personally I moved past the novelty and just get a cheeseburger.
Lost looks so Asian though...!

Really, the reason for Priest's success in my opinion is that they do the patty extremely well. The other stuff is just fluff, but the patty is made fresh on site, juicy, and very tasty.

People have complained about the price, but you're going to pay more for a better burger. People have complained about the greasiness. THAT PART IS FLAVOUR COUNTRY DAMMIT!

Eleuin

I got the single California, it was good
I agree that the cheese was a bit overpowering
Glad they double bagged it with tons of napkins

Maybe next time when I'll get fries and a milkshake
Oh and I was prepared to answer the secret menu question but there was no need :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
CNE Mini Review

Cocoa fried chicken at Coco's Fried Chicken
QxsZtqU.jpg

- doesn't work. Get the regular buttermilk instead. The batter is nice, the chicken is tasty and juicy, the texture had a nice crunch, but these two flavours don't really belong together.
- got 3 pieces with fries for 11 dollars.
Thumbs down

S'more bao from Far East Taco
6k7x9Xx.jpg

- a bao is a type of steamed Chinese bun that itself didn't have too much flavour and relies instead on the filling to provide it. The whole thing was a missed opportunity. I think they should've put an actual graham cracker inside to provide a bit of crunchy texture to the softness of the bun. Inside was chocolate hazelnut spread and condensed milk. It was a sticky unfulfilling mess.
- 6 dollars for one
Thumbs down

Butter coffee from Butter Coffee
c709iqp.jpg

- tastes like regular shitty coffee but with a slightly buttery aftertaste. Not sugary since I didn't put any extra sugar in. As added extra customer service, when I asked for an extra sleeve because the elementary student pouring out the coffee forgot to give me one, the teenage girl literally threw one at me...
- 6 dollars for a small
Thumbs down

Thanksgiving Waffle from Fran's
XZPomQj.jpg

- Rosemary and cranberries in the actual waffle itself with turkey, cranberry sauce, and gravy on top. Tastes as good as all that sounds, which isn't very good at all. Rosemary is all you can taste in the waffle and it lost its nice buttery and sweet taste. Gravy is alright along with the cranberry sauce. Turkey is average and dry
- 10 dollars.
Thumbs down

Overall, it's pretty much the same thing as previous CNEs. There seems to be more massage machine stores in the International Centre and that's about it. Best thing I had there was the Clearly Canadian and the water to wash the taste of all that awful food out of mouth. There doesn't seem to be a place inside anymore where they sell tons of PC games, DVDs, and books for cheap. Not sure what else I would want to buy here; I guess the mini bonsai seemed ok and I was tempted.

Edit: stand corrected. There is a DVD/game place here.

Quadratic

Anyone use the new platform at Union station today? How's the flow of traffic now? I assume it's less squishy (understatement) than before.

Magnus

Keep it simple. The Priest is good and depending on the location you are going to the coffee milkshake makes a better side than the fries.

Make sure to take cash. They live in some kind of time warp from 1950 where plastic cards like debit and credit aren't accepted.

alienxx45

Butter coffee from Butter Coffee
- tastes like regular shitty coffee but with a slightly buttery aftertaste. Not sugary since I didn't put any extra sugar in. As added extra customer service, when I asked for an extra sleeve because the elementary student pouring out the coffee forgot to give me one, the teenage girl literally threw one at me...
- 6 dollars for a small
Thumbs down

Edit: stand corrected. There is a DVD/game place here.

Was it just straight up coffee and butter? Was it blended? People were comparing it to "Bulletproof Coffee" but without putting it in a blender for a whirl to make it creamy and frothy it will just separate and turn in to an oily coffee.

The ice cream waffle sandwich across from the DVD/game stand is awesome.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I laughed. Thumbs down to everything!

You didn't try the pie milkshakes!
Goal was to try as much from that blogto article as possible. I didn't see the pie milkshake though my guess is it would've been shit anyways. There was this cone place that had different types of food in a cone theme. Shepherd's cone and a bacon come looked ok actually.

Was it just straight up coffee and butter? Was it blended? People were comparing it to "Bulletproof Coffee" but without putting it in a blender for a whirl to make it creamy and frothy it will just separate and turn in to an oily coffee.

The ice cream waffle sandwich across from the DVD/game stand is awesome.
Coffee plus milk and then add butter as far as I could tell. Nothing was blended and it wasn't frothy. Really, just take what your average Timmy's double double looks like, reduce the sugar and add a butter taste. That was it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Only pie milkshake I've ever had was the apple pie milkshake at Lakeview on Dundas and Ossington and it was pretty damn good.

soultron

Banned
Alright ladies and gents, I'm finally making the jump to TekSavvy.

I did some rough pricing out last night, and figured it'll cost me ~260 for modem/shipping, installation, and first month.

Code:
Quantity	Item	Price	Subtotal
1	Cable 30 Unlimited 30M/5M Unlimited	$74.95	$74.95
1	Cable Service Activation.	$65.00	$65.00
1	Technicolor DCM476	$99.00	$99.00
1	Cable Activation Fee Discount	-$20.00	-$20.00
1	Hardware Shipping	$10.00	$10.00
Subtotal	$228.95
ON HST	$29.76
Total:	$258.71

Figured I might try and get a modem on Amazon for a bit cheaper base cost and shipping.

Found the same modem for $90, shipping included.

Would you recommend on grabbing it at this price or would there be a better option, do you think?

I don't want to go on Kijiji since I never trust used modems. I've bought used modems before and had to replace them shortly after, so that's the reason why.

N° 2048

I did some rough pricing out last night, and figured it'll cost me ~260 for modem/shipping, installation, and first month.

Code:
Subtotal	$228.95
ON HST	$29.76

Figured I might try and get a modem on Amazon for a bit cheaper base cost and shipping.

Would you recommend on grabbing it at this price or would there be a better option, do you think?

I don't want to go on Kijiji since I never trust used modems. I've bought used modems before and had to replace them shortly after, so that's the reason why.

Make sure you ask for discounts if you buy a modem from Teksavvy. I did when I moved and they gave me a good discount :)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Dynasty Warriors PSP according to Kuro Madoushi

gladiator-thumbs-down.gif
FTFY

Code:
Subtotal	$228.95
ON HST	$29.76

I'd just bite the bullet and get the modem from Teksavvy...if you use your own modem, they may hit you with the cable activation fee to make up for it; though of course you can reason with them and see if they will give you a discount; however, I assume it's going to work out the same more or less, so I say for piece of mind, just get it from them.

soultron

Banned
EvilMario actually forwarded me to Canada Computers, where the modem is on for $76 and I have an EPP discount there, so it will probably be $65-70. I'll take that versus $110. :)

EvilMario actually forwarded me to Canada Computers, where the modem is on for $76 and I have an EPP discount there, so it will probably be $65-70. I'll take that versus $110. :)

You'll probably have to provide them with a MAC address of the modem so it can be registered in the system, which might cause a bit of a delay in getting the service set up.

At least that's what I've been told the last time I tried switching cable ISPs.

soultron

Banned
You'll probably have to provide them with a MAC address of the modem so it can be registered in the system, which might cause a bit of a delay in getting the service set up.

At least that's what I've been told the last time I tried switching cable ISPs.

Yeah, a TekSavvy CSR actually found me on twitter and let me know the info I need to supply too!

Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it! :D

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I made money on that project. It sold well in Japan. Then I got dumped onto a shitshow, and now I don't work there.

Like I care that it's crap!

Yes, I know. Reading that article definitely made me glad I didn't choose game dev since it was something I wanted to get into as a kid.

You should still totally do an indie game though...maybe like game dev story but from the dev's perspective. Or a ramen simulator, I dunno...

Top Bottom