• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kraftwerk

FUCK!

wTpvBN0.png

kvR00m6.png

lnRlGsE.gif

"Curse you #teamwarm!"

Question for the drivers here: any idea what the cost/coverage is for license plates that are peeling off? It's only 6 years old and I can't believe it's peeling.

Rinoa

Melting today. Had to get a new passport, luckily everything was in order. The pre-line up was like 60% people getting turned away. I hate our slow passport process, getting a 10yr one + paid $50 to expedite/pick up.

Kave would get to that before I wou...

BAD KITTY!

hi-coors-contest-jpg.jpg

never forget

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Melting today. Had to get a new passport, luckily everything was in order. The pre-line up was like 60% people getting turned away. I hate our slow passport process, getting a 10yr one + paid $50 to expedite/pick up.

hi-coors-contest-jpg.jpg

never forget
So now the 10 year ones are out now, eh? Wish is gotten that but I had trips in between that needed before it was available though

What I missed was having the 'Internet' line up before. People who did it the regular way like suckers had to wait in that room forever, but Internet line up I walked in and was the only one who used that option so I went right up and was done. I guess since it wasn't used too much, they stopped it so it's not available now.

#teamwarm REVENGEANCE! Melt in hell, Kraftwerk!

Don't think it'll be that bad the rest of the week and should be good for the real meet up this Friday.

Magnus

Is there a fan expo thread yet? We just finished setting up our booth and I just toured the floor to see what gaming stuff was being set up.

It really is a mini E3, guys. Every major game this fall (on XB1/PS4) is represented here. I don't see Sunset Overdrive, though. But otherwise, name it and it's here.

The Playstation area even has a dedicated set of screens for The Order 1886.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a fan expo thread yet? We just finished setting up our booth and I just toured the floor to see what gaming stuff was being set up.

It really is a mini E3, guys. Every major game this fall (on XB1/PS4) is represented here. I don't see Sunset Overdrive, though. But otherwise, name it and it's here.

The Playstation area even has a dedicated set of screens for The Order 1886.

You can make one; it'd be nice to see.

As for mini E3...eh...

I was going to make one but then i thought i'd check here first..it would be great if you guys did really curious to see booth pictures and if there is any cool collector figures there

Quick

Banned
Anybody been to Fan Expo yet? How's the setup like?

I saw a photo of what looks like the upper floor of the north side, and it looks spacious. I'm assuming this means they took up more space at the MTCC.

Magnus

FanExpo is fucking great this year. I don't understand the crowd/lines stigma that's still attached to it. They fucked up in 2008 or whatever year it was that they oversold and had the fire dept. limit entry, screwing over hundreds and thousands of people. But like last year, it's been great. Ample room, good people and good times.

Sure, the price is going up. The demand is intense and increasing every year. If they can only sell 100k tickets and admit so many people, from a business point of view I see why the prices are rising. It's still a solid value to me for the level of organization that goes into the event and all the 'content' available. So many guests/panels, merch areas, events, workshops, displays, etc

The corporate areas are bigger than ever. So many games to play.

Played Sunset Overdrive (a blast, but slower than I thought), Evil Within (fun concept - RE4 meets SH) but ran like absolute garbage on a ps4 - like, I'm amazed they let the demo hit the floor like this), and Order 1886 today. (Looked beautiful but was fairly limited and too cinematic/dialogue-heavy for a show floor demo)

Hyrule Warriors is playable at the EB Games booth. Saw Midna was being played.

FanExpo is wonderful.

And come see our booth, Omega-Level!!

Quick

Banned
I'm actually hyped to see what they have in store for gaming. I'm in for some demos.

Is Sony handing out PS+ cards again?

Quick

Banned
I don't think they've handed those out at FanExpo. I've been every year and never seen em. :(

YOU'VE BEEN MISSING OUT. I stacked a shit ton of PS+ codes from a couple of years ago. Last year's codes didn't work when stacked, though. I collected so much and had to give them away.

Head over to the Sony area (I'm assuming it's there) and just hover around near Sony people. Play a demo, talk to them, something that lets them interact with you.

That being said, again, I'm only assuming they're handing them out again this year.

soultron

Banned
FanExpo is fucking great this year. I don't understand the crowd/lines stigma that's still attached to it. They fucked up in 2008 or whatever year it was that they oversold and had the fire dept. limit entry, screwing over hundreds and thousands of people. But like last year, it's been great. Ample room, good people and good times.

Sure, the price is going up. The demand is intense and increasing every year. If they can only sell 100k tickets and admit so many people, from a business point of view I see why the prices are rising. It's still a solid value to me for the level of organization that goes into the event and all the 'content' available. So many guests/panels, merch areas, events, workshops, displays, etc

The corporate areas are bigger than ever. So many games to play.

Played Sunset Overdrive (a blast, but slower than I thought), Evil Within (fun concept - RE4 meets SH) but ran like absolute garbage on a ps4 - like, I'm amazed they let the demo hit the floor like this), and Order 1886 today. (Looked beautiful but was fairly limited and too cinematic/dialogue-heavy for a show floor demo)

Hyrule Warriors is playable at the EB Games booth. Saw Midna was being played.

FanExpo is wonderful.

And come see our booth, Omega-Level!!

Honestly, and this may not apply to TEW, but sometimes the booths they stick games into at trade shows don't have great airflow and that sometimes causes wicked slowdown or outright crashing as the units inside overheat. When I was there last year for work, our game crashed 5-6 times a day on multiple kits since they had very limited airflow. It scared the shit out of me since we were using retail disks, but then it occurred to me how hot the damned things were when I put my hands on them.

If I were to have a sudden change of heart and be completely bored on Sunday would I have a decent chance of being able to buy a ticket for Fan Expo at the door? I see it ends at 5:00 and I might be meeting friends after the Jays game so it might make sense to actually go but I still doubt I try

Not much. Like so many things in this city, Torontonians just love to bitch about it because it was bad once.

Awesome going to be there saturday with my girl - I plan on finding some cool collector items and try sunset overdrive and all the games you mention - hopefully i can find some ashley wood stuff

Quick

Banned
I'm looking to maybe get the GOTG Funko Pop set, and some shirts.

I'm probably going to put more focus on artists alley this year than before.

Rinoa

New union platform is already starting to get dirty lol

Also went to Casa Loma concert in the gardens, seems it's so popular they will continue to do this through the fall. I guess "Casa Loma -> restaurant" is becoming a thing now. If anyone goes there, be sure to go early to snag a decent table. They won't take money or reservations and are doing first come first serve.

So now the 10 year ones are out now, eh? Wish is gotten that but I had trips in between that needed before it was available though

What I missed was having the 'Internet' line up before. People who did it the regular way like suckers had to wait in that room forever, but Internet line up I walked in and was the only one who used that option so I went right up and was done. I guess since it wasn't used too much, they stopped it so it's not available now.

#teamwarm REVENGEANCE! Melt in hell, Kraftwerk!

Don't think it'll be that bad the rest of the week and should be good for the real meet up this Friday.

They have 10 year now, which is weird because dunno how a pic of me now will match up with my face towards the end of it.

The regular renewal which is done thru internet used to be good but only if you filled in everything 100% exact. I did that last time and it was good, but I needed a name change now.

20-25 degrees = perfect weather
San Fran is that weather year round but the wind makes it too cold to enjoy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not much. Like so many things in this city, Torontonians just love to bitch about it because it was bad once.
I've been let down 3 times now. Might just not be for me anymore.

Crowded. Not particularly good deals. Guests were recycled or not great. And it was a mess when the combined it with that horror expo or whatever one year.

Jessica Nigri will be there for anyone who wants to hover hand...I wanna hover hand... :(

Magnus

I've been let down 3 times now. Might just not be for me anymore.

Crowded. Not particularly good deals. Guests were recycled or not great. And it was a mess when the combined it with that horror expo or whatever one year.

Jessica Nigri will be there for anyone who wants to hover hand...I wanna hover hand... :(

The crowds don't get as clusterfucked anymore due to larger spaces and more organization. Horror's been part of the overall expo for about 6 or 7 years! Lol. It used to be the Rue Morgue con, and it was sort of built into the larger Fan Expo, which is now kind of like five smaller cons in one. (Comics, Anime, Scifi, Gaming, Horror). This year though, Horror is in the north building so it feels hidden away with all the guests and other shitty parts of the con. Haha

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The crowds don't get as clusterfucked anymore due to larger spaces and more organization. Horror's been part of the overall expo for about 6 or 7 years! Lol. It used to be the Rue Morgue con, and it was sort of built into the larger Fan Expo, which is now kind of like five smaller cons in one. (Comics, Anime, Scifi, Gaming, Horror). This year though, Horror is in the north building so it feels hidden away with all the guests and other shitty parts of the con. Haha
Gaming wasn't a bit part of it last time I was there...I dunno...maybe I'll go hover hand Nigri.

jokkir

Yeah, the only reason I don't go is the really lackluster gaming section. Once that gets better and is not just mostly Ubisoft, I'll go.

ZZMitch

Hey guys could any of you give me recommendations on good value cable/internet plans?

My roommate and I have Rogers at the moment, but now that our 8 month student plan is up the price has jumped from $80 to $140, which is just too much.

Top Bottom