• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, has anyone ever had their tap water tested by a lab in Toronto?
I want to buy a filtering system, but want to make an informed decision.

Any experience?

I didn't do it in Toronto but up north. I doubt the process is any different. You just pick up a kit, follow the instructions and drop it off again. Takes about slightly over a week to get the results. You can get them in the mail or you can call in for them.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So TIFF tix went on sale while I was at the cottage and I had to panic buy a bunch.

Code:
Ryerson Theatre	Fri 2014-09-05 5:45 PM	EDEN
Scotiabank 4	Sat 2014-09-06 5:15 PM	ITSI BITSI
Ryerson Theatre	Sun 2014-09-07 11:59 PM	IT FOLLOWS
Lightbox 4	Mon 2014-09-08 9:30 PM	LULU
Lightbox 1	Tue 2014-09-09 9:00 PM	GOLDEN ERA, THE
Ryerson Theatre	Wed 2014-09-10 9:00 PM	REVENGE OF THE GREEN DRAGONS
Scotiabank 1	Fri 2014-09-12 9:45 PM	DEAD LANDS, THE
Ryerson Theatre	Sat 2014-09-13 11:59 PM	GUEST, THE

Nothing playing Thursday grabbed me :\

"It Follows" looks fun. It's about ghosts that haunt you but they're sexually transmitted.

So I tried searching but couldn't find anything but is anyone here planning on going to the Montreal Comic-Con? It's running from September 12-14.

I ask here because I'm originally from Mississauga but currently living/working in Montreal. Also there is no Montreal-GAF thread which I find surprising.

Quick

Banned
So I tried searching but couldn't find anything but is anyone here planning on going to the Montreal Comic-Con? It's running from September 12-14.

I ask here because I'm originally from Mississauga but currently living/working in Montreal. Also there is no Montreal-GAF thread which I find surprising.

Montreal-GAF are probably a bunch of sissies.

doncherry_471.jpg

I was going to suggest making a thread, but damn - Junior Member status. Something to consider when you're given Member status.

It would be cool to go to the Montreal Comic-Con, but I've had my fill with Fan Expo last weekend, and it involves traveling to Montreal to being with. :lol

Quadratic

There is a Montreal OT http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=61210969

It hasn't been updated in a while though.

Azih

I like Rob Ford's subway explosion idea. I hope he wins.

Edit:expansion

Explosion is a better term for it honestly. Dude's failed at raising money for the thing.

Anyway I'm backing Tory at this point. For a few reasons but one of them is that Tory defuses the insanity of the Ford years while Chow would just lead to more crazy from 'Ford Nation'. We need some dull breathing room to tone down the polarization and Tory fits the bill perfectly.

"When you need dull. You need John Tory"

Montreal-GAF are probably a bunch of sissies.

doncherry_471.jpg

I was going to suggest making a thread, but damn - Junior Member status. Something to consider when you're given Member status.

It would be cool to go to the Montreal Comic-Con, but I've had my fill with Fan Expo last weekend, and it involves traveling to Montreal to being with. :lol

Yeah. FanExpo is the reason most of my friends can't make it. Also Montreal isn't that bad. 3 AM last calls are pretty nice.

Also thanks Quadratic. I'll check that thread.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. FanExpo is the reason most of my friends can't make it. Also Montreal isn't that bad. 3 AM last calls are pretty nice.

Also thanks Quadratic. I'll check that thread.

You're always welcome to hang with the cool TORONTO GAF crowd; burger debates, political comedies, death threats, the Toronto Ford welcome!

Unless you're a Habs fan...and no, it's not possible to be a fan of both teams... :<

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You're always welcome to hang with the cool TORONTO GAF crowd; burger debates, political comedies, death threats, the Toronto Ford welcome!

Unless you're a Habs fan...and no, it's not possible to be a fan of both teams... :<
What if he wants to play Kir...

Explosion is a better term for it honestly. Dude's failed at raising money for the thing.

Anyway I'm backing Tory at this point. For a few reasons but one of them is that Tory defuses the insanity of the Ford years while Chow would just lead to more crazy from 'Ford Nation'. We need some dull breathing room to tone down the polarization and Tory fits the bill perfectly.

"When you need dull. You need John Tory"
I can't vote for your crazy south of Steeles stuff, but I now am on board the Tory train. Who knew I would say that.

I've always been a Leafs fan. The constant yearly disappointment is a part of me in my core. Also Sundin.

Samyy

I don't know who Forza is. I'm a random brown dude who used to live in Mississauga all of his life and grew up watching Potvin get shafted for that hack Cujo who then left us for Detroit. I laughed and cried so hard when that happened.

Hey, I'm a random brown dude who currently lives in Mississauga!
(Also a Leafs fan)

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member

I guess I'm not allowed to show up to any more meetups? :(

Need some recommendations brehs:

Casual date restaurant in the $15-25 per person range. Preferably with a patio (rooftop or outdoor). Must be downtown. Nothing formal.

Nice place to walk around/sit outdoors. View of something scenic or a place with lots of pretty lights. Preferably somewhere that a lot of people often walk around. Again, must be downtown.

THANKS.

Sober

Damn 2 weeks in Toronto and already scooping up Ryerson chicks left and right?

Save some for the rest of your fellow generic asians!

Damn 2 weeks in Toronto and already scooping up Ryerson chicks left and right?

Save some for the rest of your fellow generic asians!

LOL where did Ryerson come from?

I actually met the girl at the guvernment event I went to :p
Told ya guys to come pick up chicks with me!

Quadratic

Casual date restaurant in the $15-25 per person range. Preferably with a patio (rooftop or outdoor). Must be downtown. Nothing formal.

Nice place to walk around/sit outdoors. View of something scenic or a place with lots of pretty lights. Preferably somewhere that a lot of people often walk around. Again, must be downtown.

THANKS.

There's plenty of patio guides out there for Toronto. I can give you a few places I like personally.

I frequent the Annex a lot and it's not too far from Yonge St. Totally walkable or a quick subway ride. Bedford Academy

Near Yonge and Bloor I can recommend The Pilot and if it's full Hemingways is close by

Down near Yonge and Dundas Queen and the Beaver

mr.rager

THANKS.

Yonge and Dundas Jack Astor's is exactly what you're looking for. Nothing too fancy and the rooftop patio is great at night. Great place to people watch.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't get this macaroon craze that's swept all the bakeries in the city. They are pretty disgusting. I feel like I'm eating a whole donut in one bite.

Willectro

Banned

I quite enjoy this. None of the candidates seem great to me, but so far I think I'm voting for Tory. As long as Chow doesn't get elected, I'm satisfied. That said, I'm conflicted because I still think Scarborough shouldn't get shit for transit. We need to fix what we have, not expand that line. I don't think it's fair that people who pay premiums to live closer to downtown and subway stations have to suffer, when anyone living in Scarborough should have zero expectations for subways beyond what is existing. Everyone's transit plans are trash - trying to polish a turd by adding additional smaller turds.

I quite enjoy this. None of the candidates seem great to me, but so far I think I'm voting for Tory. As long as Chow doesn't get elected, I'm satisfied. That said, I'm conflicted because I still think Scarborough shouldn't get shit for transit. We need to fix what we have, not expand that line. I don't think it's fair that people who pay premiums to live closer to downtown and subway stations have to suffer, when anyone living in Scarborough should have zero expectations for subways beyond what is existing. Everyone's transit plans are trash - trying to polish a turd by adding additional smaller turds.
Holy shit I agree with Willectro for once.

Everything I know is now a lie.

sammich

Went into 401 games for the first time in like 16 years, pleased to see ppl still boland magic!

Thats about as long as i havent been there. It wasnt named 401 games back then it was 401 convenience. Went there for Magic and nothing else before they started expanding into DnD and other things. I sold all my stff(which i incredibly regret now). Also used to play at Ryerson down the street and this other comic store that used to play magic down the street. They used to hold tourneys as well but i cant for the life of me remember the name of the place. It might have been Grey region but i dont think so.

Quadratic

Huh, apparently Cineplex is offering a 40% discount on TIFF tickets, with promo code scene40

I got an email from pizzanova for the same deal. It's probably to clear out the remaining single tickets. I notice for some of the foreign language films I attend the theatre is half full.

I still do split a FLEX 10 pack every year with a friend so I guarantee entry to films I'm interested in.

Thats about as long as i havent been there. It wasnt named 401 games back then it was 401 convenience. Went there for Magic and nothing else before they started expanding into DnD and other things. I sold all my stff(which i incredibly regret now). Also used to play at Ryerson down the street and this other comic store that used to play magic down the street. They used to hold tourneys as well but i cant for the life of me remember the name of the place. It might have been Grey region but i dont think so.

Yea, I remember it being a convenience store, amazing how much its changed

Sober

a vote for Tory is a vote for Rogers

just roll that around in your brain for a minute
Can we just nuke the entire planet back to the stone age already? The world is depressing enough and you go and tell use that Nerfgun?

Hell I'll let you push the button for the first one.

If your eating it in one bite then you're doing it wrong...and i think you mean "macaron".
Most people pronounce it "macaroon" anyway, which goes to show they are doing everything wrong ;)

Willectro

Banned
a vote for Tory is a vote for Rogers

just roll that around in your brain for a minute

I blame the provincial and federal governments for letting telecoms run a train on the public. People who work there are just there to maximize profits. I don't love Tory but he is the lesser of 3 (maybe 4) evils. Can't fault the guy for being born into wealth and not having to live in a co-op I guess.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Can we just nuke the entire planet back to the stone age already? The world is depressing enough and you go and tell use that Nerfgun?

Hell I'll let you push the button for the first one.

Most people pronounce it "macaroon" anyway, which goes to show they are doing everything wrong ;)

The Great Macaroon Debate of Summer 2014

They're pretty freakin expensive for what you get, but the good ones are really good! I some times get them from Bobette and Belle (but usually the butter tarts) when my wife and I go there.

I have no idea who I'm going to vote for...I sure ain't voting for Ford. I don't like Tory. But goddamn it, Chow....

David Soknacki!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
People pronouncing it "macaroon" should be beaten with a stick. You should never confuse one of those things with the godly macaroon.

aBMVZhRl.jpg

I was very confused by Divvy's post until alienxx45 corrected him.

Quadratic

I actually went to Petite and Sweet in riverside today to buy macarons as a gift today.

Available flavours were Nutella and raspberry :)

Sober

I would be more offended when people pronounce "macaron" without a French accent and say something like like ma-kare-on

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
If your eating it in one bite then you're doing it wrong...and i think you mean "macaron".

Well i meant it figuratively :p

Actually I had no idea that's how it's actually spelled. I think they're okay, but it's weird to see them everywhere now. Maybe they're just way too sweet for my tastes.

I'd like to vote for Soknacki, but he's not going to win, and it feels like a vote for him is basically a vote for Ford.

I don't really want to vote for Tory because fuck Rogers, but I wouldn't really care if he got voted in.

I'll probably vote for Chow even though I don't reaaallly want to.

alienxx45

Well i meant it figuratively :p

Actually I had no idea that's how it's actually spelled. I think they're okay, but it's weird to see them everywhere now. Maybe they're just way too sweet for my tastes.

When done properly they can be really good with some interesting flavors. I sure as hell prefer them over the past now-defunct cupcake and never-got-of-the-ground donut craze.

Magnus

One month into TekSavvy. Couldn't be happier.

Well, the massive chunk of change dropped up front sucked (installation, modem purchase, cancellation of previous ISP ahead of contract date) but it was still worth it.

Fuck slow internet.

Top Bottom