• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quadratic

Saw Tokyo Tribe last night at TIFF. Pretty nonsensical for even a Japanese film. Tons of panty shots, cgi blood, masturbating, samurai swords, golden revolvers, and a little kid with super kung fu skills. The crux of the plot was
who's dick was bigger
. Lots of fan service and cringe worthy Japanese rap. Loved it.

There were some people who walked out of the film. But from the banter I overheard exiting the movie a lot of people really dug it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Saw Tokyo Tribe last night at TIFF. Pretty nonsensical for even a Japanese film. Tons of panty shots, cgi blood, masturbating, samurai swords, golden revolvers, and a little kid with super kung fu skills. The crux of the plot was
who's dick was bigger

There were some people who walked out of the film. But from the banter I overheard exiting the movie a lot of people really dug it.
Asian films so bad now...breaks my heart... :'(

Spl1nter

who's dick was bigger

Saw it as well. I enjoyed it but also would never watch it again. I think the best way to describe it is Tokyo tribe, never ever die.

CrankyJay

Banned
Up for TIFF from Buffalo. Saw some good fliks.

The Little Death
Mirage
Big Game
Who Am I - No System is Safe

Ate/drank at barhop, the fifth grill for dinner one night, pearl king

We basically got asked to leave Sin & Redemption for playing cards in there. Weird. Is playing cards in Toronto bars frowned upon?

Quick

Banned
We basically got asked to leave Sin & Redemption for playing cards in there. Weird. Is playing cards in Toronto bars frowned upon?

I had a similar experience somewhere else, but we were told not to play cards until after midnight.

I think there's actually a gambling law that prevents any card or dice games to be played in places like bars or restaurants.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

The Little Death
Mirage
Big Game

You staying here or making the drive every day?

CrankyJay

Banned
You staying here or making the drive every day?

Stayed at Sheraton Centre. We drink too much to make that drive every day.

Most bars must not know about that rule. It was just Euchre we were playing, no money involved.

They new TIFF street festival was kind of cool. This thing is getting bigger every year it seems. Been to 4 over the last 5 years.

mr.rager

Anyone picking up Destiny? Gonna line up Monday night and see if I can get one at Best Buy during the midnight launch. Had one preordered on Amazon but cancelled it cause expected delivery is next week lol. Can't wait that long.

If you're gonna pick it up on the PS4 add me, psn is illmari

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone picking up Destiny? Gonna line up Monday night and see if I can get one at Best Buy during the midnight launch. Had one preordered on Amazon but cancelled it cause expected delivery is next week lol. Can't wait that long.

If you're gonna pick it up on the PS4 add me, psn is illmari
PSN - Kaydin

I believe some of you guys are already on my list. I should make a google doc of all this shit...

Stet

Banned

The Little Death
Mirage
Big Game

Sin & Redemption is shit anyway. They made me the worst martini I've ever experienced on a work lunch once.

soultron

Banned
2 nights in a row, this fucking crackhead banshee who lives near me has been out in the streets, belting at the top of her lungs, between the hours of 2AM and 5AM. I called the cops on Friday since I was worried she might be a danger to anyone walking on the streets in my area. She was out again last night and destroyed any chance of a decent sleep I had.

Pretty sure she picks up from a dealer who lives near me. She might also be an alcoholic since she frequents the scummy dive bars on my street every day.

Fuck this shit. There are families with newborns around here who probably can't sleep for shit right now.

zorbsie

For anyone who is looking to get Destiny on Monday night, Game Centre is giving out posters with a purchase of the game. It will be at the Danforth location. Here's a pic of it.
iamKlT3.jpg

Dr.Acula

Banned
For anyone who is looking to get Destiny on Monday night, Game Centre is giving out posters with a purchase of the game. It will be at the Danforth location. Here's a pic of it.

Didn't know they had another location, cool.

Anyone going to Midnight Madness tonight?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
You haven't come to a meet up! D:

I just checked PSN and don't are any pending. You mean Nintendo?

Nope, it was PSN. Unless I sent it to the wrong person. D:

Maybe because I sent it on PS3? I won't have a PS4 until Tuesday.

Edit: just checked, it still shows pending for me

Dr.Acula

Banned
At the TIFF screening for "It Follows" and the director says he got the composer from FEZ (Disasterpeace) to do the soundtrack because he was such a fan of the game.

Director is talking about sound music and cinematography and not citing Carpenter -which is amazing because the movie looks and sounds like Halloween.

Edit: he just talked about Halloween and then dumped a shit tonne of references, so we're cool :)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nope, it was PSN. Unless I sent it to the wrong person. D:

Maybe because I sent it on PS3? I won't have a PS4 until Tuesday.

Edit: just checked, it still shows pending for me

Hmm...can you delete that request and send again? Or tell me yours and I'll add you. I just checked again and I only got AlphaTw00's...

And yes, Senpai Ain't Gonna Notice You

zeitgeist

The Little Death
Mirage
Big Game

How was Big Game? It looked interesting.

So far I've seen the Jon Stewart Mavericks session and tonight I'll be seeing Rosewater.
These were the two main ones I wanted to see so I don't even know what else I might try to check out after tonight.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It snowed in Edmonton today.

R.I.P #teamwarm
Pfft don't use Crapmonton as any sort of indicator for "Centre of the Universe".

Cockbags a had snow in June when I used to line there.

That said, we're full throttle in Fall weather now...

RIP #teamsummer and #teamsummerskirts

Top Bottom