• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Now wish for a cold intense summer so that we'll get a day or two of snow and the it'll all go away.

Supposed to be more thunderstorms and possibly rain on the weekend...

Also, I hope you don't get the impression I'm attacking you or anyone else on Tyson; I don't personally care if he deserved it or not. It's just another media circus to me.

Time to bust out da Canada Goose

Nah no worries, I don't care at all either lol

yyzjohn

Banned
Is Rob Ford dropping out of the race...?

He says he has an 'abdonimal tumour'.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/09/10/rob_ford_has_a_tumor_says_humber_river_hospital.html

I am not going to comment on that either way, but it sounds like he might be out.

There's been no talk about that yet, remains to be seen if it's serious enough for him to drop out. If it's cancer, he absolutely should focus on his health and get out of the pressure of public life, but it's all speculation at this point.

thabiz

You'd have to get the hospital to lie for you, and totally make up the tumor he had back in 2009 or something. C'mon man.

after all the years of lies and deceit, sorry, dont believe it.

ddint these two fake a bomb threat at city hall a month ago?

yyzjohn

Banned

Humber River Hospital's president and CEO Dr. Rueben Devlin came out and said he has a tumor. If you REALLY believe he'd lie to help Ford get sympathy, I don't know what to tell you.

Azih

What gets me is that Rob seemed to have been complaining about a pain for months and only now goes to a doctor. He has seriously the worst family ever.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So, did anyone do the In N Out pop up today?

had to work...i hope it does well enough that we get one here. maybe replace one of those hero burger joints.

Well, the demand sure seems to be there

XKNw27H.jpg

quETInH.jpg

jokkir

Is that Brinbe, or just another generic asian?

It... actually looks like him lol.

Also, does anyone know where, if possible, to somehow exchange Oxford Shopping Cards (for Yorkdale, Scarborough Town Centre) for real money or similar?

I want to get it so I can buy something from a friend via PayPal

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It... actually looks like him lol.

Also, does anyone know where, if possible, to somehow exchange Oxford Shopping Cards (for Yorkdale, Scarborough Town Centre) for real money or similar?

I want to get it so I can buy something from a friend via PayPal
There is a website you can sell those on...I forgot the name of it. I saw it on the news once.

You won't get full value though.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member

Although I don't agree with you, the fact that Ford has called people liars over the years and treated people with the same doubt, I think it's only fair. Honestly though when I saw he was in the hospital I could only assume it was to get alcohol pumped out of his stomach or because of a drug overdose. I don't feel bad assuming that either, he's done this to himself. Also why hold a press conference at the hospital if you're going to ask not privacy? So frustratingly annoying, and the media too for enabling his antics.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Although I don't agree with you, the fact that Ford has called people liars over the years and treated people with the same doubt, I think it's only fair. Honestly though when I saw he was in the hospital I could only assume it was to get alcohol pumped out of his stomach or because of a drug overdose. I don't feel bad assuming that either, he's done this to himself. Also why hold a press conference at the hospital if you're going to ask not privacy? So frustratingly annoying, and the media too for enabling his antics.
I assume you meant why hold a press conference at a hospital if you're going to ask for privacy?

You can't have it both ways, if he didn't say something, the media in this city would pry and speculate and start insinuating for their stories.

Crack mayor in hospital: overdose?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I assume you meant why hold a press conference at a hospital if you're going to ask for privacy?

You can't have it both ways, if he didn't say something, the media in this city would pry and speculate and start insinuating for their stories.

Crack mayor in hospital: overdose?

That's the problem I have with the whole Rob Ford obsession.

Rob Ford does things to get attention, the media then enables it by giving him so much attention. Why was Mike Tyson brought to CP24? Who gives a fuck what Mike Tyson thinks about Rob Ford, he acted out and the producers are dumb for allowing that to happen.

I'm just so tired of hearing about Rob Ford, it's the media's fault as much as it is Rob Ford's.

jokkir

There is a website you can sell those on...I forgot the name of it. I saw it on the news once.

You won't get full value though.

Ah ha found it, I think. Card swap or something but I'm not sure if I trust it or not lol. I'm looking to swap a 400$ gift card but it seems like you need to send it in first. I understand it but I might be out of 400$ if something goes wrong :(

I'm just so tired of hearing about Rob Ford, it's the media's fault as much as it is Rob Ford's.

The media only exists to make money. That is why they report on Rob Ford. It gets higher ratings than more important things so they talk about him instead to make more money. It's also why celebrity gossip shit has replaced actual news.

Less than three hours to go before the deadline. Rob dropping out and Doug taking his place would be huge for Tory. Might even boost Chow. Doug has zero likeable qualities.

Azih

Less than three hours to go before the deadline. Rob dropping out and Doug taking his place would be huge for Tory. Might even boost Chow. Doug has zero likeable qualities.

I don't see any Ford supporter voting for Chow. It's what contributes to Chow's low ceiling (not as low as Ford's but Tory's is just sky high). Anyone But Ford types voting for Tory just to stop Ford though might veer to Chow. Still I think Rob Ford dropping out is better for Tory than Chow.

Willectro

Banned
If Doug Ford polls really low, Chow has a chance

Even with today's developments, Chow has no chance. Every debate I've seen, specifically the Toronto Board of Trade event, Tory has completely outclassed his opponents even embarrassing Ford a few times, much to the delight of the audience.

I'm can't believe Slug might be running for mayor and Rob in Ward 2.

Oppo

I honestly thought Chow was gonna run a better campaign than she did. She totally bungled it. That was supposed to be her thing.

And now we will have Mayor Rogers, which is better than Mayor McCheese, but goddamn. what fucking lousy choices.

Too bad Soknacki had the telegenics of an hairless chihuahua, as he had some interesting ideas.

Rob being taken down by his health was always the most likely scenario

But Rob didn't get taken down really, he gets to be councilor and say he never lost the election, Doug will lose but he can excuse that he only had a month to campaign. Now you can't criticize Rob because of his health problems, and you can't criticize Doug because he's doing the best he can with what he was given. In four years we'll have Doug for mayor and Rob as his manager and the cycle repeats.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I look forward to Doug going crazy during one of the debates. That guy can't control his anger at all. There's one bright side, we'll be hearing a lot less from Doug once he loses.

Top Bottom