• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

krae_man

I had an interesting phone call today

Me:hello
Dude: hi this is *name I didn't catch* who am I speaking to?
Me: my name is Alex
Dude: okay I think I know who you are.
Me:You dont sound familiar, I think you misdialed.
Dude: I think I do have the right number. Where's *female name I didn't catch*?
Me: I have no idea who you are talking about. You dialed the wrong number.
Dude: I think you do know who I'm talking about.
Me: I still have no idea who you are talking about. This is my personal cellphone number I think you missdialed.
Dude: If you have no idea who I'm talking about then how the fuck is your number in her phone?
Me: *starts laughing*
Dude: oh yeah go ahead laugh it up
Me *click*

Dude hasn't called back. Have no idea who he thinks I'm sleeping with.

zroid

Banned
:lol

Sorta reminds me of a misdial I received a couple weeks ago where this lady just INSISTED I had called her recently. When I told her I hadn't, she continued probing me suspiciously (I can't begin to imagine why). Eventually I acquiesced and said I must have accidentally dialed her number at some point, a story which she accepted. Of course, I hadn't even picked up my phone all day so that obviously didn't happen.

Azih

I'm sure this has been asked before but why does Toronto only have a few subway lines for a city of its size and magnitude?

Stopped investing in it for a few decades due to various factors. I think at first it was because the city was resting on its laurels then because either negligent or actively hostile parties were elected to senior levels of government. Canada is the only country which doesn't have a dedicated fund for municipal infrastructure from the federal government so cities are always dependent on goodwill of the larger levels of government to get the funding needed to build this really really expensive stuff.

krae_man

:lol

Sorta reminds me of a misdial I received a couple weeks ago where this lady just INSISTED I had called her recently. When I told her I hadn't, she continued probing me suspiciously (I can't begin to imagine why). Eventually I acquiesced and said I must have accidentally dialed her number at some point, a story which she accepted. Of course, I hadn't even picked up my phone all day so that obviously didn't happen.

That happens to me at work all the time. Occasionally while making outbound calls I'll miss dial and notice shortly after entering the last number and I'll hand up after one ring or less. A percentage of the people I accidentally dialed always end up phoning back "WHO CALLED ME AT THIS NUMBER AND WHY?"

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Made a rare trip to Vaughan so I tried Burger's Priest for the first time. Hype was warranted.
Kuro = right

And Cold sucks.

Btw, Kraftwerk, since you got the monies. Try this place and let us know how it is

http://yasu-sushibar.com/omakase.html?m#

According to reddit, this guy trained with Jiro from Jiro Dreams of Sushi.

I dunno when I'm going to check it out myself...

You need to make reservations in advance with a credit card and you can get dinged for no-showing. It's 80 dollars for 18 pieces plus dessert.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
That happens to me at work all the time. Occasionally while making outbound calls I'll miss dial and notice shortly after entering the last number and I'll hand up after one ring or less. A percentage of the people I accidentally dialed always end up phoning back "WHO CALLED ME AT THIS NUMBER AND WHY?"

I don't understand why people would do that. I just figure if it's important the person will leave a message.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was once in the passenger seat of a moving van and could've sworn the guy in the car next to us was masturbating while driving. I didn't take a closer look to make sure though.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Because of feet dragging. And continous dragging. And no one really sticking around to investing.

More like

(election season)

Liberals: we have a great idea for transit!

Torontonians: yayyyy liberals!

(election season, transit project underway)

Conservatives: we need fiscal responsibility! We also have a better idea for transit!

Torontonians: we don't know who to vote for! There's so many liberals to split our votes to!

New transit project is too expensive, underfunded and then canceled (subways) or not adequate due to meddling (Scarborough SRT/SkyTrain, Transit City)

Rinse, repeat.

It's why we still have so many damn bus routes.

soultron

Banned
$5 food at El Furniture Warehouse.

+ $5 food
+ fun music

- $5 food wasn't great or filling
- music is so goddamned loud
- food took an hour for our table of 5

Conclusion: go for drinks and treat the food as snacks and not as full meals.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Come to meet ups. Post on thread. Don't be a Kave_Man.

Edit: and hate Winter.

i-m-rick-james-slap-o.gif

$5 food at El Furniture Warehouse.

+ $5 food
+ fun music

- $5 food wasn't great or filling
- music is so goddamned loud
- food took an hour for our table of 5

Conclusion: go for drinks and treat the food as snacks and not as full meals.

How was the furniture?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Kuro = right

And Cold sucks.

Btw, Kraftwerk, since you got the monies. Try this place and let us know how it is

You need to make reservations in advance with a credit card and you can get dinged for no-showing. It's 80 dollars for 18 pieces plus dessert.

Whelp I gotta try this place

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
How am I still an Forza alt?! :'(
You'd prefer Manics alt? D:

yo-couch-o.gif

Whelp I gotta try this place

Take one for the team and let us know. I've only read about it very briefly on Reddit and it sounds like a place I want to go to with my wife since kaiseki yu-zen hashimoto is way out of my budget

Edit: I mean, LOOK AT THIS SHIT!
Kaiseki Lunch​
​Price: $200 per person (does not include drinks, tax and gratuity)
Time: 12:00pm to 2:00pm
Meal: 6 course meal
Reservation: *Recommended at least 1 week in advance.
Length of meal: Approximately 2 hours.
​
​Kaiseki Dinner
​​Price: $300 per person (does not include drinks, tax and gratuity)​
​Time: 7:30pm (time may be varied)
​​Meal: 8 course meal
​Reservation: *Recommended at least 1 week in advance.
​​Length of meal: Approximately 2 to 3 hours.

jstripes

Banned
More like

(election season)

Liberals: we have a great idea for transit!

Torontonians: yayyyy liberals!

(election season, transit project underway)

Conservatives: we need fiscal responsibility! We also have a better idea for transit!

Torontonians: we don't know who to vote for! There's so many liberals to split our votes to!

New transit project is too expensive, underfunded and then canceled (subways) or not adequate due to meddling (Scarborough SRT/SkyTrain, Transit City)

Rinse, repeat.

It's why we still have so many damn bus routes.

This.

As long as transit planning, which is a long-term task, is tied to campaign platforms, you're gonna have the reset button hit each time there's a change of office in City Hall or Queen's Park.

Kraftwerk

Kuro = right

And Cold sucks.

Sister still owes me a birthday dinner. Seems like the perfect spot, hehe.

How do I make new friends?

Well....

I hate winter a lot.

GET OUT!

Magnus

Guys, I'm hitting 3-0 in a month. I need to make it a memorable, awesome night with a ton of friends.

I'm lost on Venue, though. Where can I take like 30-40 people for an awesome time, and how much notice do I need to give? Needn't be dinner. Just drinks. But I'm jonesing for doing something more memorable - aka, some sort of activity.

Please don't say the Ballroom.

I'm toying with the idea of going back to BATL for axe-throwing, but it's a $40 price tag upfront and it's a bit of a hike; many would bow out of such an occasion.

krae_man

I went to Wrestlemania 28 for my big 3-0 and it was an amazing time. If you don't have access to a time machine, have you thought about booking one of those escape room thingies?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501488.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

SteamWorld Dig -- MB-3205120FB9C44DA4
A game in which you dig through the layers of earth to find geological evidence that the Leafs have actually ever won the Stanley Cup.

Top Bottom