• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

jokkir

15130352177_1e017e828f_c.jpg
[/url]Storm's a comin' by simulatron, on Flickr[/IMG]

Before the rain yesterday

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My cousins from England are gonna laugh their ass off when they come visit next year and see these scratch and sniff day passes.

explodet

I took a good hard look at Bessarion station - wow, the only thing nearby is a Shell gas station and an M&M Meat Shop. Everything else you might as well go to Leslie.

Am I missing anything?

Those have to be subway numbers only, right?

I can't imagine that with all our streetcars, buses, LRTs, and subways put together in the largest population in Canada that we can't outdo them.

That or we really are super fucking inefficient, which I'm sure accounts for a lot as well.
Yes, but at the same time, if you need those other auxiliary systems to support a larger city, and your main backbone isn't carrying the load, it's a sign of inefficiency.

Take a look at this, it's shocking (not really) to see where the ridership is at/coming from. I should really chart this out. http://www.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Subway_ridership_2012-2013.pdf

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I took a good hard look at Bessarion station - wow, the only thing nearby is a Shell gas station and an M&M Meat Shop. Everything else you might as well go to Leslie.

Am I missing anything?

Taro's Fish. The only reason that station exists.

diaspora

I don't condone this type of stuff, but you probably don't have to bring it up. If it's brought up, the decision is yours to lie or tell the truth on whether you used the code or not.

Is it a scratch-to-reveal type code, or is it just on a piece of paper?

So FWIW, Bestbuy actually sends all PS4 bundles back to Sony anyway precisely because they need new game codes since there's no way to know if they've been used. So, yeah nothing sketchy :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Taro's Fish. The only reason that station exists.
Too bad it's so small or else we could do a meetup there.

I hear you. I got so used to a hoodie and a jacket. =\
I'm still wearing a t-shirt and jeans for work. Today there was an evacuation drill at the new hospital I'm working at (Keele and Wilson) and I stood outside like that for 30-minutes.

explodet

I actually mapped it out in an software (which I can't export out). Well god damnit. If that graph doesn't drive home why we need the DRL (and not Scarbrough), then nothing will.
Actually I have absolutely no idea if the stats are accurate.
I only posted it because the chart kinda looks like a penis.

(I'm bored at work)

Actually I have absolutely no idea if the stats are accurate.
I only posted it because the chart kinda looks like a penis.

(I'm bored at work)
I don't know where those numbers came from, but I'm going to map it out based on what I can get in their annual report.

Curious, any idea whether I can find similar data for Montreal?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Montreal, arent their girls so fine?
Yes. I think part of it though is they're more concerned about looking nice than girls here in general; the same goes for the guys as well.

The girls I see here that put in effort look just as good as far as I'm concerned, but we're more laid back here.

Edit: not that a lot of girls here don't, but it seems to me girls from Montreal put in a lot more. When our French managers come here, the girls in our team tend to drool over them too.

I really thought people were exaggerating when they said Bell Canada had particularly bad service.

Wow, they weren't joking. I've talk to nearly 10 service reps today just to confirm that my iPhone 6 Plus order is being cancelled. Still nothing. It's like they don't know how to do it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I really thought people were exaggerating when they said Bell Canada had particularly bad service.

Wow, they weren't joking. I've talk to nearly 10 service reps today just to confirm that my iPhone 6 Plus order is being cancelled. Still nothing. It's like they don't know how to do it.

They all kinda suck to be honest...pick your poison.

Willectro

Banned
Fun fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_rapid_transit_systems_by_ridership

They're practically identical in size, but Montreal takes in more people.

Wow! I was not aware. Many of my points still stand - some more so. Thanks for those stats though.

Old people love their scratch tickets.

I know someone who purchased a scratch ticket and the TTC collector did not scratch it. That person proceeded to use the ticket for months until a collector finally stopped them to scratch it.

Speaking of Montreal, arent their girls so fine?

Now that I think about it, I didn't notice much of a difference.

mr.rager

Shitty fucking week.

First off, gf had a major toothache ache last Sunday night. She was fine all day and night but soon after we go to bed is when it started. I've never seen her cry and complain that much over any kind of pain before. Worst part was the painkillers didn't work so that sucked. Turned out she needed a root canal so she got that done.

Next sucky part of the week was Saturday. Woke up not feeling good so I popped a couple of Advil and drove home from my gfs house. I got home and went to lie down for a bit when shit hits the fan. Started puking my guts out, felt extremely weak and felt like I was ready to fall over at any second. Decided to go to the ER and turns out I picked up a virus. Fucking great. Feeling a little better but not completely recovered.

And the best part of this all was that same Saturday my friends we're gonna take me out for my birthday (birthday was on Friday). So instead of eating, getting drunk and celebrating my birthday with my friends, I got to spend it in the ER. And the Triage Nurse at Sherway Trillium is a complete bitch.

And Montreal girls are indeed fine. Source, my gf's Montreal friends. They so fineeeeeee.

Wow! I was not aware. Many of my points still stand - some more so. Thanks for those stats though.
Oh totally agree.

However, I'm sort of wondering what sort of stats I can pull out from their system. Just by looking at their transit map, they don't have the same bottleneck problem we have, and I'd be very curious how their ridership flow actually works.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Shitty fucking week.

First off, gf had a major toothache ache last Sunday night. She was fine all day and night but soon after we go to bed is when it started. I've never seen her cry and complain that much over any kind of pain before. Worst part was the painkillers didn't work so that sucked. Turned out she needed a root canal so she got that done.

Next sucky part of the week was Saturday. Woke up not feeling good so I popped a couple of Advil and drove home from my gfs house. I got home and went to lie down for a bit when shit hits the fan. Started puking my guts out, felt extremely weak and felt like I was ready to fall over at any second. Decided to go to the ER and turns out I picked up a virus. Fucking great. Feeling a little better but not completely recovered.

And the best part of this all was that same Saturday my friends we're gonna take me out for my birthday (birthday was on Friday). So instead of eating, getting drunk and celebrating my birthday with my friends, I got to spend it in the ER. And the Triage Nurse at Sherway Trillium is a complete bitch.

And Montreal girls are indeed fine. Source, my gf's Montreal friends. They so fineeeeeee.
Damn dude. Well, happy late birthday. PBFbirthday.gif. And hope things get better for you.

At least look on the bright side. Ummmm...Montreal girls?

Happened to me back in university coop term in ottawa. Painkillers don't do anything, even if you have T3s with you. I actually went to the ER at 1AM, but since it wasn't life threatening, they just let me sit there and wait. Turns out I should have found an emergency dentist (apparently there is such a thing) that would be able to do a on the spot pressure relief so that I can do the actual procedure later.

They all kinda suck to be honest...pick your poison.

Yeah. I had better lock with Rogers but they are all pretty bad.

I'm on with them right now. They refunded my iPhone 6 Plus but then proceeded to charge the tax on the iPhone 6 Plus to my account to pay immediately. They are expecting me to pay the tax on a product I'm not receiving.

Brilliant.

I'm on with an agent who has to contact a separate help desk to find out what is going on. Why doesn't she have access to the information?!

I don't hate the individuals but I think they are working in an absolutely pathetic system. They are obviously dealing with a dated system.

Ahh!!

So it turns out Bell didn't refund me for the full amount with tax, just the pre-tax amount on my iPhone 6 Plus. Then they proceeded to charge the tax to my account as a balance that I have to pay.

Sorry, I just need to vent. I have never experienced anything this bad.

Quadratic

First day at my new Scarborough office.

Oh man, felt good going against traffic this morning. Cut my commute time down for 40-60 mins to 25 mins. I guess that means less 3DS playing.

Top Bottom