• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quick

Banned
http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/5884406?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

It's been a while since I've taken the ttc but I don't remember anyone being that much of an asshole especially during the day.

I've yet to encounter anyone that rude on the TTC, but I'm sure it's not uncommon. The difference is whether people take the time to actually either report it, or have a detailed Facebook/Twitter post like the woman did. The actual physical assault with him stomping on her foot, as well.

The "worst" I've probably seen in recent memory is someone not giving their seat up to an elderly person hovering near them, but there'd always be someone else nearby who would do it anyway.

explodet

I've seen my share of rudeness on the TTC. It's not endemic, but it happens every now and again.

I'm fairly sure one reason this is going viral is because of the whole "Leprechaun" angle. Hipster needs to burn that shirt and put the hat away for a while.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Never seen it that bad. But with the video going viral people may get the impression it's common.

Edit: read story again...wow. I take the 72 a LOT and have never seen this. So this guy was just being a massive asshole.

dubq

O_O "You get nothing, pay attention!!" Methinks this dude has mental issues (not just based on clothing choices).

Does she call him a fag in the video?

There is a Five Guys, Hero Burger, and Chipotle opening in Stockyards mall. Should I be excited? Never tried any of them before but have heard good things.

Quick

Banned
Serious question, are you lying to us or just to yourself?

It's not a lie if you truly believe it... :|

Nope. Then that's a delusion.

9PnYdhF.gif

zroid

Banned
I really like Chipotle, even though it's expensive as hell. I'll eat other, cheaper burritos, and enjoy them, but Chipotle just tastes better to me. Even though it makes me sound like a hippie, I do think they use higher quality ingredients than their competitors.

Sajjaja

Didn't know what this was until Google helped and watched the video from the other day...is Calandra slow?

Also, holy shit this is how our House of Commons works?

The Conservative Party is just another voice of Harper after all. Rumors are that he received those non-answers from the PMOs office.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The Conservative Party is just another voice of Harper after all. Rumors are that he received those non-answers from the PMOs office.
The Conservative Party is just another voice of Isreal after all. Rumours are that he received those non-Isreals from the Isreals office.

He's a jackass and he, the speaker, and the Conseratives should be fucking ashamed. The crocodile tears and shitty apology didn't help. If he was apologetic he would answered the fucking question. I thought it was completely valid. But what do I know? I know the difference between Isreal and fucking Iraq.

Edit: well...that was appetizing. Was at The Friendly Thai in Leslieville with my wife. Lunch is done and a mouse comes out of the wall to say hello...another couple there takes a picture and the waitress asked them if they're going to post it.

Quadratic

Has anyone been to the Queen and Spadina Burger Priest? How big is it inside?

I'd advise not going when it's lunch or dinner. It gets stupidly busy. Most people hold their bags of food waiting for a spot to open up. I'd gauge the inside. You have a perfectly good alternative P&L burger a few doors down.

Fifty

Has anyone been to the Queen and Spadina Burger Priest? How big is it inside?

My guide to Burger Priest at Queen/Spadina: Take your food to the Starbucks patio at Spadina/Richmond, a 2 minute walk away and eat it there. If you're nervous about not having the right to use the patio, order a drink at Starbucks. Works every time. I'm not sure how I'll ammend this strategy once winter hits.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'd advise not going when it's lunch or dinner. It gets stupidly busy. Most people hold their bags of food waiting for a spot to open up. I'd gauge the inside. You have a perfectly good alternative P&L burger a few doors down.

I've heard good stuff about P&L Burger. You can also go to Holy Chuck if you're closer to it.

My guide to Burger Priest at Queen/Spadina: Take your food to the Starbucks patio at Spadina/Richmond, a 2 minute walk away and eat it there. If you're nervous about not having the right to use the patio, order a drink at Starbucks. Works every time. I'm not sure how I'll ammend this strategy once winter hits.

Go to the McDs about a 5 minute walk away. Go take a seat upstairs and give no fucks! :)

zroid

Banned
Maple Leaf Square will be getting a less extreme makeover than previously thought.

Rather than the contentious “Ford Square,” the Toronto Star reports the area will be known as the “Ford Fan Zone at Maple Leaf Square.”

The renaming is part of a new sponsorship deal between Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) and Ford Motor Company.

MLSE is expected to officially announce the new name on Tuesday.

welp

Willectro

Banned
This morning was a new low for the TTC. Absolutely awful, multiple issues at stations, and just complete chaos. I'm glad all the mayoral candidates (the ones who may win) think solving the TTC issues is a one-dimensional solution. We can expand the TTC lines infinitely, and have 30 smart tracks, but that still isn't going to change that when there is one fuck up at one station, then entire line shuts down.

explodet

Lame. It's 2014. What store doesn't take plastic?
The business that is both cheapass enough to not want to pay fees, and popular enough that they can afford to not take your business.

Or the ones with their own ATM that want to rake in those sweet sweet surcharges.

dubq

The business that is both cheapass enough to not want to pay fees, and popular enough that they can afford to not take your business.

Or the ones with their own ATM that want to rake in those sweet sweet surcharges.

This is not a smart stance to take for any business, regardless of popularity.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This is not a smart stance to take for any business, regardless of popularity.

It helps their bottom line. A lot of restaurants and businesses barely make enough money as is and paying the CC companies on top of that hurts.

I think it was reddit? I was reading bout how a restaurant owner barely gets by selling food alone and they need alcohol sales to turn a profit.

Every little bit helps.

I do hate the fuck out of it though...and the people who use those ATMs get stiffed with a surcharge, but the company pays the restaurant to have it there.

I believe Holy Chuck takes CC though :)

whitehawk

Banned
That TTC delay was something. It took me 25 minutes to get from Sherbourne to St. George. I imagine it would have been way worse if I was a few trains behind.

PS: Are there any big Smash Bros 3DS midnight launch events in toronto?

Mupod

or so busy that they don't have time for people to sit there fiddling with interac machines. Like Dairy Cream.

My barber is a bunch of old Italian dudes who really know how to cut some hair but their cash register looks like it's from the 50s (and it probably is).

when I was a volunteer driver for CAS in Sudbury I frequently had to bring kids to a certain music store for lessons. The owner only used cash and didn't want anything to do with newfangled interac machines. Incidentally also an old Italian dude (who could talk your ears off for hours)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
or so busy that they don't have time for people to sit there fiddling with interac machines. Like Dairy Cream.

My barber is a bunch of old Italian dudes who really know how to cut some hair but their cash register looks like it's from the 50s (and it probably is).

when I was a volunteer driver for CAS in Sudbury I frequently had to bring kids to a certain music store for lessons. The owner only used cash and didn't want anything to do with newfangled interac machines. Incidentally also an old Italian dude (who could talk your ears off for hours)
It also helps to hide sales and not pay all the taxes they should when it's a cash business. Just saying. ;)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck, $0.50/GB overages on Teksavvy are brutal. Anyone have any success getting them to waive the charges (even partially)?

They're pretty strict on those...just use zap the cap or pay for the extra unlimited?

I'm on zap the cap...I'd go way over with myself and my wife streaming netflix

Dr.Acula

Banned
Intermission at Book of Mormon -I'm crying, this is so funny.

Edit: about Teksavvy, DLs between 2-8am don't count towards the cap, so try and sched game DLs and other stuff for those hours. Steam has the option I know of.

Top Bottom