• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Stet

Banned
Don't do it. Boycott this bullshit agreement. There's no reason to support Bettman's retarded franchise structure. It just ruins hockey. You should only be allowed to have a hockey team if your city can have a natural ice rink in winter.

Whaaaaaa

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Don't do it. Boycott this bullshit agreement. There's no reason to support Bettman's retarded franchise structure. It just ruins hockey. You should only be allowed to have a hockey team if your city can have a natural ice rink in winter.

8 Canadian teams vs 8 American teams. Divided into 4 team East / West divisions. You'll always have a Canadian and an American team in the finals. But location of the team doesn't matter. If you're in Dallas, or San Jose and you run a better organization than a team in Buffalo, or Cleveland, you should be given priority over those.

Just imagine how rich the talent pool would be with 16 teams. I support vastly reduced team numbers in every league, but too bad it will never happen. 30 team NBA is hilarious void of talent in three quarters of the markets.

Has anyone tried Zakkushi on Carlton?
I love yakitori and they have so many types! Including my all time favorite: chicken hearts!

I am just wondering how it all tastes at that place.

Quick

Banned
Had to look up what yakitori is, sounds delicious. I feel like I may have had it before, but labeled as something else. Not specifically chicken-based, though.

ZhQGh.jpg

source

Quadratic

I have a job interview in 15 minutes. It's a lateral move with my current employer but I still have massive butterflies in my stomach. I'm praying I don't say anything stupid.

oh you took it? Even better!

Haha, I wasn't sure if you were calling me a great photographer :p

Here is another one, if its NSFW I'll link it lol......

IMG_4304 by AdamJ2012, on Flickr

I will never look at starfish the same way, good god they look scary with a macro lens

Can't wait for the Aquarium to open so I can take more pictures that will terrify me from ever stepping foot in the ocean again

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Janet Davis on Twitter throwing out some budget numbers for the new year. Where dat gravy?

Janet Davis ‏@Janet_Davis
Projected Non-program revenue $102M over 2012 budget, including Land Transfer Tax $51M, Interest rev $15M, PILTs $20M, $22 Sign Tax #topoli

Janet Davis ‏@Janet_Davis
Wow, proj. year-end surplus is $232.5M. Even after recommended transfers to, surplus is $166.2M. And we are still making cuts? #topoli

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Nice zoo shots BigJonsson! I've been meaning to hit up the zoo now for years. Are tripods allowed/recommended? And how much is a ticket?

Nice zoo shots BigJonsson! I've been meaning to hit up the zoo now for years. Are tripods allowed/recommended? And how much is a ticket?

I have a membership, had one almost my whole life

Sometimes I bring a tripod, I usually don't, I was experimenting with a macro lens so I needed the tripod today

My camera and lenses are nothing compared to what some people bring to the zoo, I've seen a lot of really high end stuff

If they have a members preview night for the Pandas I'm sure I'll see people with camera + lens combos that cost over 5 grand

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have a membership, had one almost my whole life

Sometimes I bring a tripod, I usually don't, I was experimenting with a macro lens so I needed the tripod today

My camera and lenses are nothing compared to what some people bring to the zoo, I've seen a lot of really high end stuff

If they have a members preview night for the Pandas I'm sure I'll see people with camera + lens combos that cost over 5 grand

Is this a good time of year to go? I imagine there are no crowds like there would be on weekends in the summer, but are any exhibits closed during the winter? Awesome that you have a membership. I'd love to go more
than twice per decade

Winter is pretty quiet
Some animals are off-display, others are way more active in the winter

The elephants, hippos, giraffes weren't outside today but I spent most of the day inside so I can't comment on other animals
The lions and hyenas were outdoors

Azih

Janet Davis on Twitter throwing out some budget numbers for the new year. Where dat gravy?

Honestly, Toronto is booming. Other places aren't doing so well. Now is the time to INVEST in Infrastructure like a motherfucker GodDamn. Put the damn Vehicle Tax back in and spend all that money on resolving the Gardiner once and for all or something.

RS4-

what are you folks using for winter jackets? I'm still using a damn peacoat but I might just grab a North Face one or something.

For those that do own something from TNF and are around/close to 6', what sizes are you wearing? I'm thinking that a medium bomber will do. And prices for Nobis, CMFR make me cry.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
what are you folks using for winter jackets? I'm still using a damn peacoat but I might just grab a North Face one or something.

For those that do own something from TNF and are around/close to 6', what sizes are you wearing? I'm thinking that a medium bomber will do. And prices for Nobis, CMFR make me cry.

Just a couple of jackets from Marks Warehouse. I have a winter hoodie as well, and usually layer myself with a sweat shirt of some sort under that. Keeps be plenty warm every day it's not 20 below, and for those days, I'll just add a thermal.

Top Bottom