• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Le photo:

vyTKt.jpg

source

I think this is the construction of the tunnel for the new subway extension to York University being built right now.

New proposal for 1 Yonge Street (Yonge and Queens Quay):

7rhbj.jpg

pe2x8.jpg

It looks to be about 5 new buildings and a renovation to the existing ugly Toronto Star building.

It is a mix of office, residential and retail and it seems they are applying for a height of around 100 storeys for the tallest building.

I have a feeling they know the city will reject 100 storeys and are just doing that because they are really aiming for 65-70 storeys and that way they can look like good guys for "downsizing" the proposal to what they really intend on building in the first place.

Azih

More office space is good. Is there a demand for it in Toronto? There's certainly enough of it going up recently.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1310460--jose-canseco-considers-run-against-rob-ford-to-be-toronto-mayor

The possibility of a mayoral byelection just got juicier: Jose Canseco, the former Blue Jays slugger once known for his steroid use and now known for his minimally coherent Twitter musings, is considering a run against Rob Ford.

Or so he says. Jose Canseco says a lot of things. Things like “I actually died over night and came back to life now i am a vampire and you are my apprentice.” But this is a man who has appeared on Celebrity Boxing, so you know he is willing to participate in a competition as intellectually demanding as a Toronto political campaign. And he sure sounded serious on Wednesday when he responded to a Milton political consultant who urged him to run for council.

“Can’t do enough on council,” Canseco, 48, wrote on Twitter. “I hear you are getting rid of mayor Ford on Monday. I love Toronto and will be glad to replace him.”

He outlined his potential platform in tweets to the Star at 1:17 a.m. on Friday. “Ford too much trouble to be effective,” he wrote. “Gotta fix budget, traffic, get new $ not from taxes, get more new businesses, and help schools.”

LOL. Why can't we have sane people back in the office. I never though I would say this, but Mel Lastman actually seems competent now.

7dDVW.jpg

source

I took a dog for a walk during the snowfall today. It put me in the best mood ever!
There is nothing more beautiful than walking in the snow. The dogs love it too!

Hey added, I'd like to take this at higher res for my desktop wallpaper but your flickr doesn't allow downloads. Help? Feel free to PM, but I figured there might be others interested.....

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Christ switching ISPs around can be a hassle.

Acanac has been giving me the run around when I simply asked them to provide me with a cancellation date. They take awhile to answer their tickets too...

Back to Teksavvy, I always get someone on the phone within 5 min or less, and they assured me repeatedly there'd be no activation fee. So, I get an email, well, shit: activation fee.

I call them up, again less than 5 min, accounting straightens everything out and tells me again it's just part of the order form, but for sure no activation fee.

Now I gotta wait a month because I didn't cancel 'early enough' with Acanac...

Quick

Banned
How do these guys get access to so many rooftops...

Rooftop access isn't as daunting or difficult as people think it may be, especially at condos.

Christ switching ISPs around can be a hassle.

Acanac has been giving me the run around when I simply asked them to provide me with a cancellation date. They take awhile to answer their tickets too...

Back to Teksavvy, I always get someone on the phone within 5 min or less, and they assured me repeatedly there'd be no activation fee. So, I get an email, well, shit: activation fee.

I call them up, again less than 5 min, accounting straightens everything out and tells me again it's just part of the order form, but for sure no activation fee.

Now I gotta wait a month because I didn't cancel 'early enough' with Acanac...

I know that feel, Kuro. Teksavvy took a week after I canceled my Bell internet plan to get me activated.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just discovered the Dundas West LCBO has about as many Japanese-bottled sake as the Summerhill location (not that it's an extensive selection though). Summerhill location has more sake from Canadian locations though. A surprising amount of soju at Dundas West too.

p.s. Runnymede LCBO is complete crap. Their selection of everything shrinks every time I visit and their staff on hand is generally miserable.

Spl1nter

Just discovered the Dundas West LCBO has about as many Japanese-bottled sake as the Summerhill location (not that it's an extensive selection though). Summerhill location has more sake from Canadian locations though. A surprising amount of soju at Dundas West too.

p.s. Runnymede LCBO is complete crap. Their selection of everything shrinks every time I visit and their staff on hand is generally miserable.

Get Nama Nama, great sake and from Ontario. Would say both scogoth and myself favourite sake.

scogoth

If you like sake and feel like a night of drinking check out don don izakaya at Bay and Dundas. Most extensive sake list I have seen anywhere in Toronto. Just don't eat there the food is very meh.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you like sake and feel like a night of drinking check out don don izakaya at Bay and Dundas. Most extensive sake list I have seen anywhere in Toronto. Just don't eat there the food is very meh.

Hmmm...weren't you the one earlier who said the food was good when I said the food was bad or was that someone else?

Food is VERY meh.

scogoth

Hmmm...weren't you the one earlier who said the food was good when I said the food was bad or was that someone else?

Food is VERY meh.

Could be. First time I went there the food was pretty good (that was before official opening) then every visit after it got worse and worse. After Mike their opening manager left the food and service both got worse. They are very polite but disorganized and some of the waiters can barely understand English.

Still the largest sake collection though. If that's all you go there for its a pleasant experience

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Paging Kuro, Spl1nter and Quick. Please report back into NHL-GAF.

Season is back on, Leafs-GAF needs to be strong for our inevitable collapse!

scogoth

Don't do it. Boycott this bullshit agreement. There's no reason to support Bettman's retarded franchise structure. It just ruins hockey. You should only be allowed to have a hockey team if your city can have a natural ice rink in winter.

Top Bottom