• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

what are you folks using for winter jackets? I'm still using a damn peacoat but I might just grab a North Face one or something.

For those that do own something from TNF and are around/close to 6', what sizes are you wearing? I'm thinking that a medium bomber will do. And prices for Nobis, CMFR make me cry.

I haven't broken out my long TNF coat yet. Been wearing the (really light) ski jacket with no problems.

I don't know what mens sizing is like but the women's sizes in TNF fit normal-to-large.

Quick

Banned
what are you folks using for winter jackets? I'm still using a damn peacoat but I might just grab a North Face one or something.

For those that do own something from TNF and are around/close to 6', what sizes are you wearing? I'm thinking that a medium bomber will do. And prices for Nobis, CMFR make me cry.

I've been using my peacoat for the third straight year now. Still does the job for me with a scarf.

I did think about heading to Mark's Work Warehouse and checking out their selection of thicker jackets, but seeing the temperatures coming up in the next few days just made me forget the thought.

#teamwarm #teamnormal #soon

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kraftwerks sighting last night on GAF. He was drunk and deciding on if he should eat some cheesecake.

Good to see he's still alive and kicking.

Quadratic

This is what I'm currently wearing. http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Jackets/Khuno-Parka

It's very light and extremely warm. I like how you can zip it up fully and it protects the lower portion of your face if it's really windy/snowy. No need for a scarf.

TBqZe.jpg

source

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Study finds my grocery bill will continue to be my biggest enemy. It's already almost double what it was five years ago. Maybe I should ask Stet for some dumpster diving advice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/10/food-prices-canada-2013-forecast_n_2271715.html

Kraftwerks sighting last night on GAF. He was drunk and deciding on if he should eat some cheesecake.

Good to see he's still alive and kicking.

So.. there's a chance for another Toronto meetup. Because only Kraftwerks has the drive to organize it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is Leafs talk in here fair game? Cause, lol.

I guess we're all on the Jays bandwagon or sports now, right?

I'm riding the Raptors bandwagon right into that 8th seed. Of course being swept in the first round will instantly save Colangelo's job and we can look forward to another five years of terrible contracts and draft picks.

Azih

I'm riding the Raptors bandwagon right into that 8th seed. Of course being swept in the first round will instantly save Colangelo's job and we can look forward to another five years of terrible contracts and draft picks.

Trade Bargniani for the suddenly available Brian Burke! It makes no sense but it just might work! Go Jays Go.

Then again do the Leafs really need a GM? I mean TFC isn't going to have a head coach for half a season. Toronto Sports!

Quick

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/TBqZe.jpg[IMG]
[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrldvoyagr/8354420350/"]source[/URL][/QUOTE]

Dat shadow.

[quote="Fuzzy, post: 46239684"]A sneak peak I took just for you last night.[/QUOTE]

Nice. This new aquarium should be good.

I had to read that a couple of times to make sure you didn't state that you used to live at Roy Thompson Hall.

haha that was my first thought too!

Here is the BlogTO list of best new bars in Toronto for 2012:
http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_new_bars_in_toronto_2012/

I can't believe how much better the beer selection has got at the average bar in the city in the last 5 years. Still a lot of work to do regarding good imports etc... but the days of only being able to drink Canadian and Coors seem long gone.

I had to read that a couple of times to make sure you didn't state that you used to live at Roy Thompson Hall.

HA! I actually scanned the picture a few times and thought "Yep, the one I lived in is the only round building so there won't be any ambiguity".

Also I lived in Roy Thompson Hall.

Usually I wait until some of the "Best of" lists come out to make my choices. For now, I'm thinking I'll just use it for places I want to try but haven't yet made the effort to go; Didier and Lee are among them, as well as The Fifth.

I went to Trevor Kitchen & Bar last year - like others I've tried historically, if you order right the food is stellar. If not, though, your experience tends only to be "meh".

A few years ago Kit Kat had a Winterlicious promo on, which was pretty good. I've been back since, but would have gone anyway.

One thing is for sure: ignore Yelp reviews from people who *only* go to restaurants because of Winter/Summerlicious. It's a different dining experience than at other times.

whitehawk

Banned

Wait... I thought a peacoat was a winter coat? I wear a peacoat!

Sober

My peacoat has been sitting in the closet all winter.

I have a lighter ... well, it's probably not a peacoat though, that's what I've been wearing once or twice. Old as hell. Should get a new one, but I don't really go out that much. Just stick to a regular jacket to go to work with.

Top Bottom