• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I can't see why they would make you pay a fee to upgrade to a more expensive plan. If such a fee existed it could probably easily be waved by just saying "I'm not upgrading unless you wave the switching fee".
Hah I tried that. Unless their policy has changed you can't avoid it. They will charge you to switch. All companies do it.

Watch it on city tv when they miss the actual new year like they did last year. It was funny. Cut away and suddenly oh shit ummmm....HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Kavey you gonna get cakebossed?

Edit: I was at Tokyo tower for one NYE. It was awesome! Still have a video of it somewhere...

zorbsie

Classy move to have the TTC free from 10pm - 4am. Do they do this every year or is this something new? I don't think I've heard of this in years past.

Quadratic

I'm staying in and doing a Cards Against Humanity party with some close friends. Used to go out to Nathan Phillips Square but I'm too old for that now. Rather be inside and warm nowadays. Anyone else feel the same way?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm staying in and doing a Cards Against Humanity party with some close friends. Used to go out to Nathan Phillips Square but I'm too old for that now. Rather be inside and warm nowadays. Anyone else feel the same way?

My wife and I will be staying in celebrating the New Year by playing some Guild Wars 2 and Nintendo Land. Oh yeah!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hah I tried that. Unless their policy has changed you can't avoid it. They will charge you to switch. All companies do it.

Watch it on city tv when they miss the actual new year like they did last year. It was funny. Cut away and suddenly oh shit ummmm....HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Kavey you gonna get cakebossed?

Edit: I was at Tokyo tower for one NYE. It was awesome! Still have a video of it somewhere...

We'll see how the night goes. As of right now going to that Coppacabana place tonight with some friends before really boozing it up.

As long as I don't get sick before midnight and not have to wait in the lobby of an office building for a party I paid for I'll have a good night

ShkQO.jpg

source

This is the 2012 progress on building the "L Tower" at Yonge and Front Street.
It's designed by Daniel Libeskind and looks so badass (especially for a condo)

Dyno

I'm at City Hall now and they are sound checking the stage. A bunch of Canadian pop acts (think Jason Derulio - sp) are up there doing their thing.

I'll be home, warm and toasty. I got a five year old who is convinced he's going to stay up all night.

Happy New Years everyone! Hope you spend it with someone you love.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You're playing guild wars 2 as well now? :D

We've been playing since launch, but I didn't really touch it after a couple of weeks; My gaming PC's motherboard cooked itself, and I've been waiting forever to replace it. Playing it on this ancient boxed computer on minimal settings. Hopefully I'll have the good PC up again in the next month, or two though.

I'm at City Hall now and they are sound checking the stage. A bunch of Canadian pop acts (think Jason Derulio - sp) are up there doing their thing.

I'll be home, warm and toasty. I got a five year old who is convinced he's going to stay up all night.

Happy New Years everyone! Hope you spend it with someone you love.

It's such a warm day I might pop out to the Humber bridge for fire works tonight. Usually the area surrounding it is packed during Canada Day, but almost always near empty in the winter because people are afraid of a little cold. Great views of downtown though on clear nights.

It's such a warm day I might pop out to the Humber bridge for fire works tonight. Usually the area surrounding it is packed during Canada Day, but almost always near empty in the winter because people are afraid of a little cold. Great views of downtown though on clear nights.

It totally slipped my mind about that party you were throwing for us tonight!
My wife and I will bring cider, beer and homemade mac n cheese!!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

My brother took a pic of me tonight over skype while I was making a face at him. :lol

One day I'll get all of TO-GAF.

I really need to stop being lazy and shave my head.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My brother took a pic of me tonight over skype while I was making a face at him. :lol

D: Now TO GAF can see what I saw!!!!!!

Having dim sum right now....ahhh New Year dim sum

Roto13

He took a picture of his computer screen. With his phone.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Funny how close Filmores 'Hotel' is to downtown and all the tall buildings, but that photo makes it look like it's the middle of nowhere.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think I said in here I was going to Coppacabana for New Year's. I have to say the meat selection was intense. I didn't fill up on salad so I got to try pretty much everything. Overall it's a fun experience but not something I'd really want to go back to on a regular. It feels more like a place you do need to bring yourself and at least 5 other friends to get a good experience.

Also; I SEE YOU KURO! Your time will soon be at hand.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think I said in here I was going to Coppacabana for New Year's. I have to say the meat selection was intense. I didn't fill up on salad so I got to try pretty much everything. Overall it's a fun experience but not something I'd really want to go back to on a regular. It feels more like a place you do need to bring yourself and at least 5 other friends to get a good experience.

Also; I SEE YOU KURO! Your time will soon be at hand.

So a group is better than 2 people? Huh...may not head there with wife then.

What do you mean by 'everything' though?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
They had fillet mignon wrapped in bacon, different steaks mixed with different things (cheese, garlic), chicken parm, sausages. All of this on skewers they would cut off the skewer and you would put onto your plate.

How it worked was it was all you can eat, you fill your plate with whatever you wanted at the salad bar (salad bar being salads/fish/beans/peas/etc) and they'd come around all the tables with the different meats and ask if you wanted any.

I did see a few couples there, but just in my opinion I feel it's a better group dining place.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
They had fillet mignon wrapped in bacon, different steaks mixed with different things (cheese, garlic), chicken parm, sausages. All of this on skewers they would cut off the skewer and you would put onto your plate.

How it worked was it was all you can eat, you fill your plate with whatever you wanted at the salad bar (salad bar being salads/fish/beans/peas/etc) and they'd come around all the tables with the different meats and ask if you wanted any.

I did see a few couples there, but just in my opinion I feel it's a better group dining place.

kave_man - always asking for 'meat'

Hmm...ok, I'll maybe take a second look at it. Thanks!

How long did you have to wait for a table? Is it really busy during the week or just on weekends?

No clue. I went on New Year's eve so it was reservation only.

Do they have a website? Some reviews say they only do resos for groups of 6+, but that might just be weekends

Looks like opentable lets you make small resos on weekdays and not on weekends, that works

whitehawk

Banned
Hey guys. Just got back from New York City. Went to times square for new years (or at least as close as I could. I couldn't hear the music lol). Fun times. What have I missed in Toronto the past few days?

Top Bottom