• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Notice that the meet up is TODAY at WHEAT SHEAF at 8PM?!

Quad and I will be there a bit early for revengance at Second Cup nearby earlier. Just post in the thread if you need more details.

Meet up thread is
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=901148
rpvnsIm.png

soultron

Banned
Accidentally posted this in the meetup thread instead of here, but yolo:

Ladies and gents, anyone going to Gamercamp this weekend? Lemme know if you are! It'd be nice to run into you there.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if Kraftwerk is coming? I msged him but he either changed his number or he blocked me...or he melted during the heat.

I'm thinking number 3.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm here. and I wont make it. Im on meds so need to rest. Sorry.
Get better!

If you're hopped up on Meds, that's the best time to watch the Leafs. And your favourite goalie will be in net too!

Edit: stopped off at P&L Burger. Got the P&L Burger for 9 dollars. Let's see if the hype lives up.

Edit2: I'll give it a thumbs up but I prefer Priest and Holy Chuck.
The beef was well seasoned and tasty but a bit tough towards the end.
The bun was really big compared to the party and I struggled a bit to eat but not cause a mess. I thought it took away from the taste to be honest. The dill sauce was a nice touch and not a strong dill to overpower the burger like blue cheese at Priest.
So, why? I prefer a juicier patty and better meat to bun ratio with my burgers. While the P&L Burger looked nicer I just found myself wishing I had gone to Priest instead. Still, P&L is worth a try once and maybe next time I'll ask for a medium rare burger.

Magnus

Need a great pub/bar to host 20+ for my birthday next week. Ideally Bloor or south, Yonge or west. Appreciate any suggestions!

Food isn't important. But if it's good and available, then great!

mr.rager

Nice turnout! Looks like it was good times. And is that 3 girls I see in one picture?! What the fuuu..... That's gotta be like a TO-GAF meetup record.

Quick

Banned
I could've had one of those girls feel bad for me.

I actually legitimately wanted to go the meetup this time, but something came up. Sorry, fellas.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I could've had one of those girls feel bad for me.

I actually legitimately wanted to go the meetup this time, but something came up. Sorry, fellas.

I vote next meetup is at Quick's place. He can't skip out if we all show up at his door.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Randy+Carlyle-130206-31.jpg

Afterwards, when asked how his show, The Book of Mormon went, local Toronto Curmudgeon Kuro Madoushi eschewed his usual policy of not commenting on individual plays and said, “I thought it was OK, just OK.”

Due to that bloody marathon, it was a nightmare getting to the theatre. Once I got there, I was seated next to the Mountain that Spills Onto My Seat and in front of The Lord of Loud Whisperers the whole show. There were also numerous people coming in late causing distractions and forcing people to stand up so their late asses could get to their seats. These all definitely dampened the enjoyment of the show.

The theatre was packed full of older folk who I thought might be put off by some of the SP style humour, but they were a pretty receptive crowd all things considered. When I went for a piss, I overheard some women claiming a lot of the origins of Mormonism and the questions raised in the musical were quite accurate.

I felt at times the actors delivered some of those lines with a touch of, "I can't believe I'm saying this," but it wasn't very often. The main female singer got a pretty big applause and the main singer got a standing ovation. Overall, I did like the set design, African tribe singers and their songs, but the rest was OK, just OK.

So, it was good enough not to Coors Lite anyone, and it piqued my interest enough to go see The Lion King if it ever comes back.

zroid

Banned
I've seen Lion King 3 times. Once with my parents; once with my school on a field trip; and I don't remember the context of the 3rd, but I'm pretty sure it happened, lol.

That was a long time ago

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't like The Lion King. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that was the last play I saw.

I've seen Lion King 3 times. Once with my parents; once with my school on a field trip; and I don't remember the context of the 3rd, but I'm pretty sure it happened, lol.

That was a long time ago
Hmmmmmmmm...

I never got a chance to see it, but I might also catch the FF concert in December.

explodet

The Lion King was good fun, although I'm not sure how it became the largest grossing musical of all time. Still, it's better than Phantom of the Opera and that was the frontrunner before, so what do I know.

An elderly Asian woman who didn't speak English got angrier and angrier at me after I told her three times I didn't understand her. I just wanted to drink my coffee.

Top Bottom