• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Magnus

Pizzaiolo or bust.

Pizza Pizza, Nova and Domino's are all various shades of trash.

You want some really bad pizza though? Check out Il Fornello. Holy fuck. "Wood oven baked" apparently. But if you stick shit in a wood oven, it's still going to taste like shit afterward. So bad.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Pizza Pizza was great back when they were the first to do custom online ordering. Since then their pizza has degenerated as they've added more weird shit no one wants to their menu. Now that most places do online ordering, there's like no reason to eat their cardboard pizza anymore.

Pizzaiolo or bust.

Pizza Pizza, Nova and Domino's are all various shades of trash.

You want some really bad pizza though? Check out Il Fornello. Holy fuck. "Wood oven baked" apparently. But if you stick shit in a wood oven, it's still going to taste like shit afterward. So bad.

My gf hyped Il Fornello up to be the greatest pizza ever, and oh my it's quite terrible. and $16 for basically a small! I was shocked at how bad it was compared to the restaurant itself, which is nice for a "pizza place".

Did someone leave the box at the curb by the trash?

lmao

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Pizza Pizza was great back when they were the first to do custom online ordering. Since then their pizza has degenerated as they've added more weird shit no one wants to their menu. Now that most places do online ordering, there's like no reason to eat their cardboard pizza anymore.

I love their chicken bites though.

Quick

Banned
Pizza Pizza isn't as bad as you guys make it out to be, come on.

Speaking of bad things, though. Ryerson.

Ryerson's bathrooms are fucking terrible, at least on the men's side. It's like everyone deliberately pees on the seat. And single thing is just wet.

-Deimos

Pizza Pizza isn't as bad as you guys make it out to be, come on.

Speaking of bad things, though. Ryerson.

Ryerson's bathrooms are fucking terrible, at least on the men's side. It's like everyone deliberately pees on the seat. And single thing is just wet.

Not at Ryerson, but a few weeks ago I came across the most piss-caked toilet seat I have ever seen. Literally no spots that weren't covered in dried piss.

I used to like their breaded wings too. They were pretty decent for the price.

What really has gone downhill lately is Wild Wing. That place is fucking garbage now
Can confirm for the one on Dufferin & Steeles. Used to be baller but it's disgusting now.

Mupod

I miss Toppers. Why do you have no Toppers, Toronto?

I'm sure I could find a good pizza in etobicoke if I tried but I don't exactly eat it all the time, and it's just mediocre crap around here. Also I'm poor. If I get the raise I'm hoping for next week then I'm gonna find the best pizza I can get, though.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Really? Last time I went it was fine.

They put one up next to where I live two years ago and it was great, but the last few times has been terrible. Their wings are overcooked and dry, and their salads terrible. I blame their diversifying to other menu items. I mean, no one wants to eat tacos from wild wing.

So Brampton/brown people/Indians and immigration and all that seems to be talked about a lot these days.

Curious as to what people thought on GAF.

It's interesting to see the discussion because my Facebook friends discuss it, some are clearly against the East Indian/Indian culture in Brampton and some are defending it.

I also know a lot of people dislike Brampton, and sometimes it's because they say it's just a shitty city, but I also know a lot of people don't like the Indian immigration. I'm also noticing that it's also a disdain revolving around how Indian families immigrate families successfully into their homes.

I've never had the chance to see a discussion like this that was in my own backyard, so to speak, so I'm curious what you guys think.

Doesn't seem surprising to think most of you hate Brampton...but is it the people or what?

Sch1sm

"Suspicious incident" at York University turns out to be a non-issue. - CP24 twitter

Get it together, York. Jeez.

Everything is a suspicious incident at York.
It's not a university, it's a trap with close off tunnels known for the highest degree of sexual assault.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Someone has been setting off fireworks for the last hour right near my window!

I hope it stops soon cause I'm about to sleep!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats. Does the promotion give you any skill points towards beating my girlfriend at any game?
VhER9xR.jpg

Blackhead

Redarse
Does anyone use a house/apartment cleaning service? I am considering a party but don't want to deal with mess/cleanup
Not worth it now that Jade is gone...no offense, soultron ;)

Edit: good day today. Got a promotion and Fantasy Life also shipped! Weekend confirmed. HNNNNGFGGGHHH MAH BLOOD SUGAR!

Congratulations!

Kraftwerk

Question,

If a house/apartment says "NO PETS", you can completely ignore that correct? Can a landlord actually refuse you the place if you have a cat?

Dr.Acula

Banned
Question,

If a house/apartment says "NO PETS", you can completely ignore that correct? Can a landlord actually refuse you the place if you have a cat?

Better to not take that place. Willfully going into a place with an antagonistic attitude towards the landlord will only end up creating headaches.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Question,

As per @jalinto (aka evilmario)
No pet clauses are void for apartments and cannot be enforced.
Condos and private rentals are different and you'll want to ask yourself.
A lot of apartments have unenforceable and illegal clauses like 'no pets' but that Nintendork evilmario has lots of people on his apartment building with pets.
Learn to use the internet you lazy bastard.

http://www.ontariotenants.ca/law/law.phtml#Q6
Lol

Edit: I asked this last year, but you guys get any kids coming for candy anymore? Past few years have been very quiet. Either few or none. Nothing like when I was a kid or when I went trick or treating with an ex and her younger brother.

N° 2048

Question,

I rented an apartment about 5 years ago and I got a dog later on even though the ad said "no pets".

She tried to kick me out saying her sister is a lawyer who would "look into the laws".

Calls me the next day and says "You can keep the dog" trying to make it like SHE let me keep it.

Basically they can't do shit unless the dog is destroying property, causing allergies to landlord or being really loud.

Rinoa

Kuro I got less and less kids coming. Stepping up our decor game a tiny bit this year, maybe it will work? I remember it was raining/cold on a year or two ago as well as I didn't come from work early enough. Among the kids that came was a trashy adult who asked for more bags of chips instead of one while surrounded by kids. That better not happen this year.

Does anyone use a house/apartment cleaning service? I am considering a party but don't want to deal with mess/cleanup

Congratulations!

I have house cleaning and been thru diff cleaners over the years. Currently it's a mostly Russian group and the lady we ask to get is very thorough. PM me if want the phone num (you can text someone and they book it).

I'm also having a Halloween party and trying to book her for before and maybe after but oddly our house rarely gets messy after parties.

Top Bottom