• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

If it was Tory and Chow in the lead I would gladly vote for Chow, but since ~30% of Toronto hasn't fucking learned anything I have no choice but to vote for Tory.

62BV1I9.png

I'm thinking this as well. If I bring it up to my girlfriend I get a lecture on how strategic voting doesn't work.

If it means no Fords, it works.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I went to Yasu, Kuro

It was fucking amazing

That Otoro destroyed me
Divvy...! D:

Saw the pics...so where does it rank in the grand scheme? And I demand a more in depth write up!
How does it compare to Sushi Kaji or Cafe Michi?
Cafe Michi isn't anything to write home about for sushi. Kaji is very good but super expensive; I'd rather spend that money on JaBistro. Zen Japanese Restaurant and Taro's Fish are also super legit. Taro's isn't really a sit down place though, fair warning.
Walking to to bus stop to school and I see a bit of frost on some parked cars.

Guys... I'm scared
Teamwarm has been destroyed just like I was destroyed by Candywoman... :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm thinking this as well. If I bring it up to my girlfriend I get a lecture on how strategic voting doesn't work.

If it means no Fords, it works.
It's not just about no Ford this year, if Chow won then a Ford would win for sure in 4 years. We can't swing too far left this year.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's not just about no Ford this year, if Chow won then a Ford would win for sure in 4 years. We can't swing too far left this year.
You're assuming they'd run again. Doug doesn't strike me as being very serious about being mayor and Rob might be too sick to run.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
6D3gtTP.jpg

Stay classy Toronto Sun

Divvy...! D:

Saw the pics...so where does it rank in the grand scheme? And I demand a more in depth write up!

It's hard to compare since I haven't been to Sushi Kaji, but I would certainly imagine it's up there with Toronto's bests. Unlike JaBistro, you don't get many frills, just straight up piece of nigiri after nigiri. The quality of the fish is excellent and the textures are absolutely amazing. I believe they use sustainable fish species so you won't get Bluefin from Japan among some other more common things, but it's nice to try some fish I've never had before like Scorpion Fish, or MonkFish liver. The Otoro was the best, which is to be expected, but all of my friends had wildly different choices for their next favourite. I personally loved the Conch and Bonito, but the Monkfish Liver was incredible too.

The restaurant itself is extremely small, and aside from a small table for two, all the seats are in front of the bar so it's no wonder you have to reserve like a month in advance. The service was not only attentive, but also explained what each fish was and what ingredients were used.

Here are some more pictures for you Kuro :p

Eel

Scallop Tataki

Monkfish Liver

Scorpionfish

Tuna

Salmon Roe and Umi

Like I said before, it was 80 dollars for the menu which while expensive, it's a 12-15 pieces and dessert so it's actually pretty good for high quality sushi. Would most definitely recommend going to Yasu.

Fuzzy

weird, pretty sure Markham has had online voting for at least a couple elections now
Markham started in 2003. Toronto was supposed to start this year for disabled people but they cancelled it because there wasn't enough time to get it up and running. Maybe 2018 for disabled people but I don't expect it for everyone.

zroid

Banned
Markham started in 2003. Toronto was supposed to start this year for disabled people but they cancelled it because there wasn't enough time to get it up and running. Maybe 2018 for disabled people but I don't expect it for everyone.

Toronto pls

Fuzzy

Toronto pls
They waited until the beginning of the year to approve the online/phone voting for disabled people instead of shortly after the last election in order to have enough time to implement it. It's not like they even have to do a lot of work either because they could just have the company that did it for Markham do it. Instead they're paying $1.2 million to have a different company built it from the ground up and test it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Like I said before, it was 80 dollars for the menu which while expensive, it's a 12-15 pieces and dessert so it's actually pretty good for high quality sushi. Would most definitely recommend going to Yasu.

It's about the closest we're going to get to Sukiyabashi Jiro here in Toronto.

Yeah, I looked at the prices, they're pretty high up there for 12-15 pieces...but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

For those loners out there, it's MUCH easier to get a single seat reservation than to get pairs or more than 2. I looked several times and lots of reservations for one were available.

I should just go and not tell my wife...

Sober

well you see she's one of those orientals so she must've read the communist manifesto at one point in her life because those damn chinese-y communists have a habit of doing that of course what else were you expecting i mean can you even trust those damn slanty eye fuckers

Seriously though, what the fuck

Apathy

Apparently all her years of experience and barely mentioning her husband is riding his cotails but literally running in place of your brother without having to change signs and standing for the exact things he does is not.

Dr.Acula

Banned
One of my friends made a good point. If Tory gets elected he might actually do things that hurt Toronto, while Ford will just be a sideshow in a do-nothing administration. So would Ford-more-years actually be as damaging to Toronto's long-term development as Tory? Something to Chow on.
pls don't ban me

One of my friends made a good point. If Tory gets elected he might actually do things that hurt Toronto, while Ford will just be a sideshow in a do-nothing administration. So would Ford-more-years actually be as damaging to Toronto's long-term development as Tory? Something to Chow on.
pls don't ban me

Like any other Mayor, Tory would need the support of council to get anything done.

Divvy

It's about the closest we're going to get to Sukiyabashi Jiro here in Toronto.

Yeah, I looked at the prices, they're pretty high up there for 12-15 pieces...but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

For those loners out there, it's MUCH easier to get a single seat reservation than to get pairs or more than 2. I looked several times and lots of reservations for one were available.

I should just go and not tell my wife...

It's pretty easy to get seats if you plan a month ahead

pls don't ban me

Well, on one hand Tory's stupid ass transit plan might actually be considered, but on the other hand if Doug gets elected, I'm moving to Vancouver. I like this city too much, smarttrack be damned.

Just did my civic duty. Was the 200th voter in my local voting station. I'm not sure but apparently there are a thousand people registered to that station and only 200 people came in to vote as of 3 o'clock. Pretty sad turnout.

Divvy

Just did my civic duty. Was the 200th voter in my local voting station. I'm not sure but apparently there are a thousand people registered to that station and only 200 people came in to vote as of 3 o'clock. Pretty sad turnout.

A lot of people probably won't be voting until they get back from work

Fuzzy

Registered voters doesn't mean anything. Like I posted earlier in the thread; my dead grandmother and both my brothers who no longer live within Toronto are registered and won't be voting.

Apathy

Not really that bad, I once worked as a poll clerk just to see what it was like, ended up with 30% of the thousand or so people registered (at my table). And it does pick up a lot after 5.

Top Bottom