• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Sober

I live in the burbs but no one comes around for Halloween anymore because no one moved out to make room for new families, so it's mostly the same people here for the past 20+ years. Didn't even have to fake being not home for the last 2 or 3 years on Halloween.

Oddly enough people still decorate their houses/lawns for Halloween but probably more for fun than anything.

zroid

Banned
I live in the burbs but no one comes around for Halloween anymore because no one moved out to make room for new families, so it's mostly the same people here for the past 20+ years. Didn't even have to fake being not home for the last 2 or 3 years on Halloween.

Oddly enough people still decorate their houses/lawns for Halloween but probably more for fun than anything.

exactly the same for me haha

we are mostly old farts here nowadays

I have house cleaning and been thru diff cleaners over the years. Currently it's a mostly Russian group and the lady we ask to get is very thorough. PM me if want the phone num (you can text someone and they book it).

I'm also having a Halloween party and trying to book her for before and maybe after but oddly our house rarely gets messy after parties.

How much do you pay per hour for your cleaner? Thinking of having one go through my apartment and possibly come in monthly after that.

Quadratic

I guess this is as good as any place since I'm running out of options.

Anyone know someone that can stain and refinish/seal an approx. 300 sq condo hardwood floor? It's a small job and a lot of flooring people I've called/emailed won't take a job that small.

jokkir

Got a chance to visit a friends house that lives at the Yonge/Gerrard condo yesterday.

City Sleeps by simulatron, on Flickr

City Sleeps 2 by simulatron, on Flickr

City Sleeps 3 by simulatron, on Flickr

Really loved the sunset up there
3AQmK.gif

Sober

Yeah same. With all other subreddits, I have no problem contributing but when it's /r/toronto, I dread it every time.
You should come to the /r/toronto meetups though, the people there are pretty cool; even one of the mods there has the same complaints about users in /r/toronto as well. Guess they're the kind that don't go outside though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Day before vote, I find out that I cannot vote as per http://app.toronto.ca/vote/onVoterList.do.

I've lived here for 2 years.
Utility bill is under my GF's name (we split everything) so I can't use that for ID. I might be able to use something else, but I need to check the list of approved docs that qualify.

Am I fucked?
If you're not registered then you have to show one of the following.

Acceptable Identification One piece of ID: showing Name and Qualifying Address

NOTE: The Voter Information Card or Notice of Approval cannot be used as Identification

An Ontario driver’s licence
An Ontario Health Card (photo card, showing your name and address)
An Ontario Photo Card
An Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion)
A cancelled personalized cheque
A mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement relating to property in Ontario
An insurance policy or insurance statement
A loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution
A document issued or certified by a court in Ontario
Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency or such a government
Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada)
An income tax assessment notice
A Child Tax Benefit Statement
A Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E
A Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS)
A Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P)
A Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions
A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works
A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program
A Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007
A property tax assessment
A credit card statement, bank account statement, or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement
A CNIB Bard or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities
A hospital card or record
A document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution
A document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator for the home
A utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities commission
A cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer
A transcript or report card from a post-secondary school
http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=8222c36902f5d310VgnVCM1000006cd60f89RCRD

It's pretty easy. It's almost anything that has your name + address.

EDIT: Wait, those may be only for those already on the list. I don't know, call 416-338-1111 and ask.

soultron

Banned
If you're not registered then you have to show one of the following.

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=8222c36902f5d310VgnVCM1000006cd60f89RCRD

It's pretty easy. It's almost anything that has your name + address.

EDIT: Wait, those may be only for those already on the list. I don't know, call 416-338-1111 and ask.

Some friends have told me that I can register at the station by using the pieces of ID I bring with me. I'm bringing a bank statement (address) and my health card (photo) and am hoping that will cover it.

zroid

Banned
I feel like I put myself on the voter's list every time there's an election, and it never seems to stick. I'm used to showing up with my various IDs when I need to vote.

This year I was ahead of the curve and got it done early enough to vote online last week.

Rinoa

Some friends have told me that I can register at the station by using the pieces of ID I bring with me. I'm bringing a bank statement (address) and my health card (photo) and am hoping that will cover it.

Should be nuff. I have new name and address since last election, and I'm doing same.

Is it taboo to talk about who you're voting? Cause I spent the night researching my ward's candidates for local councillor and concluded who I wanted to vote. Still can't decide between Tory and Chow, though. They seem to have similar platforms.

If it was Tory and Chow in the lead I would gladly vote for Chow, but since ~30% of Toronto hasn't fucking learned anything I have no choice but to vote for Tory.

62BV1I9.png

Top Bottom