• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quick

Banned
I'd be down, as I said in NHL-GAF I am going to learn how to play real hockey end of November, but I'm definitely down if we set something up.

The biggest challenge is probably where best to go for this. If we decide on an indoor rink, how much it is to rent and if everyone can go during that day.

Outdoor rink would be free (I'd assume), but probably really cold.

diaspora

In Markham, Scarpitti's opponents being complete fucks are going to give us near permanent incumbency.

[Scarpitti's] opponents oppose transit investments, arguing that everyone in Markham drives anyway
“I haven’t been on a bus since I was 15,” says Ms. Rea.

Some of the stupidest opinions I've seen this week.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Only the hipsters voted for chow :(
HEY!
I made mention of a Toronto-Age hockey game in the NHL thread, and I'm actually down for all of us to get together and play some hockey.

I was wondering if there's interest in this idea for either the next meetup or a future meetup.

Not everyone skates, but we can either get a good number of people joining up, or we can do a mix of non-skaters and skaters.

And what's a good place to get this going within Toronto?
Hockey in a gym or indoors...can't skate well.
Im team summer but the Habs are my team.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Rinoa

The well to do types in my 'hood all voted for Chow. But they're outnumbered by many tax evaders who say they voted Ford because they believe he's on their side on evading taxes, or something.

Sober

Guys, I'll reduce taxes to 0% while keeping funding for all programs up. Vote for me, I can totally promise that. Just don't ask for specifics, it's too complicated.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I'll reduce taxes to 0% while keeping funding for all programs up. Vote for me, I can totally promise that. Just don't ask for specifics, it's too complicated.

Pretty much shit like this that actually CAN get you voted. Then just break the promises.

Anony

thank god i voted for tory

it's funny, the tory/chow wards are the ttc line
it's just sad how many people voted for ford, fuck this city

Samyy

So I'm thinking about moving downtown around October/November next year, any good site to start researching rents/places to live? I think $1500 might be my max.

Rinoa

HEY!

Hockey in a gym or indoors...can't skate well.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I have a story you will hate. When I was in SF during dreamforce, coworker and I walked into a store at PacHeights and she had a Sens jersey on.

Some dude "oh my god Canadians?! from Toronto?"
us "HELLS YEAH AND CELEBRATING CANADIAN THANKSGIVING"
dude "I'm also from Toronto! But what the hell is this Sens jersey?"
me "....and I'm a Habs fan"
dude "I'M SO DISAPPOINTED IN THE BOTH OF YOU. BYE"

Sometimes I like to see leaf fans go nuts. Best friend growing up was a huge stan for the leafs and our highschool was close to the gardens.

/csb

jokkir

I can't believe Doug Ford almost won. This god damn city. Honestly, fuck Scarborough (where I lived my entire life and still living). So many morons here that will believe in everything and anything and just plain ignorant. Makes me sick.

jokkir

Etobicoke -> low taxes, garbage collection; Scarborough -> he's giving us a new subways!

Or "he's keeping the taxes low!" unaware that his subway "plan" would increase the taxes like crazy. Oh? Increased taxes?not my fault anymore! It's everyone else but me!

I can't believe people will fall for that crap

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I have a story you will hate. When I was in SF during dreamforce, coworker and I walked into a store at PacHeights and she had a Sens jersey on.

Some dude "oh my god Canadians?! from Toronto?"
us "HELLS YEAH AND CELEBRATING CANADIAN THANKSGIVING"
dude "I'm also from Toronto! But what the hell is this Sens jersey?"
me "....and I'm a Habs fan"
dude "I'M SO DISAPPOINTED IN THE BOTH OF YOU. BYE"

Sometimes I like to see leaf fans go nuts. Best friend growing up was a huge stan for the leafs and our highschool was close to the gardens.

/csb

I don't have an appropriate response gif for this, so

tTiuuzm.gif

Windam

Scaley member
I can't believe Doug Ford almost won. This god damn city. Honestly, fuck Scarborough (where I lived my entire life and still living). So many morons here that will believe in everything and anything and just plain ignorant. Makes me sick.

I feel you. :(

I have a friend who voted Doug because something something taxes, but she doesn't pay taxes, so...

Exact same sentiment here on the west end.

Apathy

I still feel Rob is a huge bully even to his own brother. I still don't think Rob would have won if he had stayed in, but Doug would have won ward 2 with no problem. Rob convinces Doug to switch spots (essentially throwing him under the bus) and Rob can get a cushy seat and be able to disrupt council for the next 4 years with outburts and interviews where he starts "When I was mayor..."

I made mention of a Toronto-Age hockey game in the NHL thread, and I'm actually down for all of us to get together and play some hockey.

I was wondering if there's interest in this idea for either the next meetup or a future meetup.

Not everyone skates, but we can either get a good number of people joining up, or we can do a mix of non-skaters and skaters.

And what's a good place to get this going within Toronto?

I haven't strapped on my hockey gear in years lol

zroid

Banned
man i haven't skated in like 12 years probably. don't have skates that fit me anymore either. would be nice to get back on the ice some time, though...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yes, Ward 26 kicked out John Parker. Jon Burnside better be on my freaking side.

I voted for Ishrath Velshi though.

Why does everyone hate John Parker, does he suck? The only thing I know about him is that he seems to enjoy being the lazy speaker at council meetings.

Top Bottom