• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I like both. Is that okay? :<
T...That's like being both a Habs and a Leafs fan. D:
It's pretty easy to get seats if you plan a month ahead

Well, on one hand Tory's stupid ass transit plan might actually be considered, but on the other hand if Doug gets elected, I'm moving to Vancouver. I like this city too much, smarttrack be damned.
Wife makes it hard to plan ahead. And when I checked it was available for 1 quite often but 2 people you needed 1-1 1/2 weeks. A month would be good though.

There was also an article I saw on reddit with three transportation experts who claimed Tory had the best plan and Chow's, while good, wasn't aggressive enough.

Also did the Voting Compass on the CBC website and apparently Chow edges out Tory for me by a very thin margin.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Which of the Habs and Leafs are Winter and Summer? :p

I know the answer in my heart and it is a sad one
lo9CXnV.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
me too man, me too
seriously, who are these idiots voting for ford

And I quote my coworker who is voting for Ford:

"my garbage removal is great! My taxes didn't go up! I don't care about this downtown stuff I have a good thing here!"

And therein lies the problem we all know about the GTA issue. She is living in North York.

Sober

As a suburbanite, yes, we know we ruin things.

At least I live in Markham, so I don't directly contribute to the TO problem.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
T...That's like being both a Habs and a Leafs fan. D:

Wife makes it hard to plan ahead. And when I checked it was available for 1 quite often but 2 people you needed 1-1 1/2 weeks. A month would be good though.

There was also an article I saw on reddit with three transportation experts who claimed Tory had the best plan and Chow's, while good, wasn't aggressive enough.

Also did the Voting Compass on the CBC website and apparently Chow edges out Tory for me by a very thin margin.

Well Tory's plan hinges on the GO line being electified which which has a projected completion date of when pigs fly. Hell I've read articles saying that electrification was unfeasible as well.

Anony

And I quote my coworker who is voting for Ford:

"my garbage removal is great! My taxes didn't go up! I don't care about this downtown stuff I have a good thing here!"

And therein lies the problem we all know about the GTA issue. She is living in North York.

i live in north york too ;_;

Voted in Richmond Hill. Here's hoping the Rob Ford spawn, Carmine Perelli, gets less than 20%. And of course, I didn't forget to vote against anyone who raised the YRT fare to $4.00 :x

I can't find RH results anywhere. But looking at Toronto results, I'm happy John Parker is losing in the ward I used to live in :D

Apathy

That's way too close, wtf is wrong with people. So glad I voted for Tory. But I don't think Ford is gone, he's going to keep trying.

Eleuin

Just found out my mother voted for ford
When asked why
"He cares about poor people" :\

Wish I knew she was going to vote beforehand so I could at least explain each person's platform..

Apathy

Just found out my mother voted for ford
When asked why
"He cares about poor people" :

Wish I knew she was going to vote beforehand so I could at least explain each person's platform..

I saw some sound clip of Ford as the election show started tonight claiming he wasa man of the common folk. Idiots believe that crap from two guys who were born into money and haven't earned anything. How are millionaires part of the common folks?!?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well we replaced one idiot with another

At least this one likely doesn't make an ads of themselves but this city really needed chow and not tory

Quick

Banned
I made mention of a Toronto-Age hockey game in the NHL thread, and I'm actually down for all of us to get together and play some hockey.

I was wondering if there's interest in this idea for either the next meetup or a future meetup.

Not everyone skates, but we can either get a good number of people joining up, or we can do a mix of non-skaters and skaters.

And what's a good place to get this going within Toronto?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I made mention of a Toronto-Age hockey game in the NHL thread, and I'm actually down for all of us to get together and play some hockey.

I was wondering if there's interest in this idea for either the next meetup or a future meetup.

Not everyone skates, but we can either get a good number of people joining up, or we can do a mix of non-skaters and skaters.

I'd be down, as I said in NHL-GAF I am going to learn how to play real hockey end of November, but I'm definitely down if we set something up.

It's actually really interesting how it breaks down with the middle compared to the sides like that.

Anyway I voted for Chow. Maybe it would have been smarter to use a "strategic" vote against Ford for Tory but I also hate feeling like I can't just vote for who I want to vote for. Makes me feel shitty when I do it.

Ward 27 did good though!

Boogie

I may be out milton-way, but I already drive in to Toronto for my rec league, so I would probably be down for this.

As for venue, not sure. The York arena may have ice time available. RINX is probably mostly booked up with the True North league.

Top Bottom