• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Canada Post is some how regressing even more. Our postman no longer attempts to deliver packages. Our last two shipments my wife and I were home the entire day and we never had them buzz us. At least with this package they left us a slip for pickup. Of course, it says pickup today after 5pm, but I went to the post office at 6:15 and they said the package was still on the truck.

Between UPS and Canada Post, I'm going to go crazy.

7:49am tomorrow

Looks like I beat the sun to the punch!

wcP4M.jpg

source

explodet

Straight people are adorable.
lol

The SEC when I attended UofT was always pretty active, but the partnership with Oasis came as a surprise to me. I think they're able to pull it off because of the relaxing of restrictions when it comes to places like this. No way they would have been able to pull this off when I was there.

The SEC when I attended UofT was always pretty active, but the partnership with Oasis came as a surprise to me. I think they're able to pull it off because of the relaxing of restrictions when it comes to places like this. No way they would have been able to pull this off when I was there.

The SEC will also be hosting a "relationship breakup support group" the following day.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Take The Car indeed.

So so many delays. 2 years in Korea and only one delay I was there and the next train came quickly too. And it's cheaper. And it covers more areas. And seniors ride for free. And I can almost always get a seat. And they have stop announcements.

They do get more funding; HOWEVER, no way the same level of service would happen in Toronto.

cbox

I don't live in Toronto (or Canada), but I just saw this on Twitter.

The Bloor-Yonge station is jammed.

BApypI8CcAAxQaC.jpg:large

Exactly what I want to see before going home... FML.

That at a smaller scale is what kipling station looks like around 5-6pm, waiting for the 191 bus. It's like that daily, and it's chaos. I wonder how many people have been pushed infront of a bus.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone have tips on getting good deals for Niagara Falls? Gonna go down with my GF for my bday at the end of Feb

Depends on how cheap you're wanting. Bus is going to be your cheapest fare, but VIA RAIL is not unworldly expensive if you can secure an ESCAPE FARE (their lowest discount, web only fare), or ECONOMY SUPERSAVER.

For instance, leaving on the 25th and coming back the next day is $45.20 per person after tax. I never had any bad experience with VIA and I've done Toronto -> Falls plenty of times. Nicer than riding the bus if the extra cost isn't off putting. Otherwise, shop around for GO fares, Greyhound and a lot of smaller companies offering reaaaally cheap deals. I can't recommend any aside from Greyhound though, which is the only one I've taken. And that said, Greyhound is nice enough, the buses are usually really clean and if you book ahead of time you can save plenty.

Anyone know where to find a cheap gym membership?

Check group buying websites; some of them have really attractive 1 or 3 month deals; be prepared to negotiate with the sales person, as those memberships usually require a 12-month commitment where you pay more for the remaining months.

If you are a student or alumnus/a of a large post-secondary campus around the city, check out special rates that you may be offered at your school gym, or through partner facilities.

Otherwise, just do some quick googling, pick a gym that has the specialities that you are most interested in (Kickboxing is different than a mellow atmosphere is different than yoga, for example), then pick the top three that are closest to work, home, or school - and drive a hard bargain.

Depends on how cheap you're wanting. Bus is going to be your cheapest fare, but VIA RAIL is not unworldly expensive if you can secure an ESCAPE FARE (their lowest discount, web only fare), or ECONOMY SUPERSAVER.

For instance, leaving on the 25th and coming back the next day is $45.20 per person after tax. I never had any bad experience with VIA and I've done Toronto -> Falls plenty of times. Nicer than riding the bus if the extra cost isn't off putting. Otherwise, shop around for GO fares, Greyhound and a lot of smaller companies offering reaaaally cheap deals. I can't recommend any aside from Greyhound though, which is the only one I've taken. And that said, Greyhound is nice enough, the buses are usually really clean and if you book ahead of time you can save plenty.

Driving down
4* hotel
Dinner at a decent restaurant :p
The Marriott package with breakfast included seems nice

Azih

Still waiting on the decision to come down. Should be 'soon'. In the mean time, something more meaningful is happening at City Hall in the form of 2013 budget. Warning: Watching too many council sessions, especially budget meetings and discussing cuts to services, will make you lose your mind.

There's already been the spectacle of Ford introducing a budget with a 2% property tax increase and then voting for a 0% property tax increase.

Still waiting on the decision to come down. Should be 'soon'. In the mean time, something more meaningful is happening at City Hall in the form of 2013 budget. Warning: Watching too many council sessions, especially budget meetings and discussing cuts to services, will make you lose your mind.

They are hiring extra firefighters, and it's a good thing, too. The TTC is going to need them to deal with all sorts of emergency calls generated by their crumbling infrastructure, which they have no money left to fix.

Now that I've had my 3DS for a while, I've learned something from the streetpass feature:

lots of tourists come to Toronto in the summer and fall and none in the winter. Not really a shock I guess.

The tourists side with teamwarm

Now that I've had my 3DS for a while, I've learned something from the streetpass feature:

lots of tourists come to Toronto in the summer and fall and none in the winter. Not really a shock I guess.

The tourists side with teamwarm

Then how do you explain the popularity of Ski resorts?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
For StreetPassing, in general, it goes down in the winter for me. Less people out and about, and yes.. probably less tourist directly in the city.

Less people at the parks is great for my dog walks though. Less screaming children and litter!

For StreetPassing, in general, it goes down in the winter for me. Less people out and about, and yes.. probably less tourist directly in the city.

I just noticed in August-September, I was getting a lot of streetpasses for tons of random places like England, Netherlands, Honduras, USA, Japan etc... and now in the winter, it's like Ontario, Ontario, Ontario, Ontario...

ZZMitch

Anyone know of a place to buy hockey gear around UofT campus (specifically around Victoria)? I am doing intramurals this semester and need to get some pants, the velcro things that go under it and potentially a bag and don't want to have to lug it around too far. I am not looking for anything special, just something cheap really.

Exactly what I want to see before going home... FML.

That at a smaller scale is what kipling station looks like around 5-6pm, waiting for the 191 bus. It's like that daily, and it's chaos. I wonder how many people have been pushed infront of a bus.

You can say that again. Its always the 191 to be the most annoying...actually, add the 96 to that also

Boogie

Anyone know of a place to buy hockey gear around UofT campus (specifically around Victoria)? I am doing intramurals this semester and need to get some pants, the velcro things that go under it and potentially a bag and don't want to have to lug it around too far. I am not looking for anything special, just something cheap really.

Ah yes, UofT intramural hockey. I remember it well.

There's a Canadian Tire on Yonge a block north of Bloor.

Top Bottom